Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:11 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NorCal ADAT (All Dungeon All the Time) Tourney: APRIL 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Looks like it was a blast! Thats quite the prize table... whose the big guy on top of the Dice tower on the right?
That's actually the NorCal trophy peeking over from behind the dice tower. I'll see if I can find a pic for you once the gallery opens up again.

Found one:

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; April 15th, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: found pic
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:17 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Lol, I was about to answer the same thing, and CM beat me to the punch.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown

Last edited by onibaku06; April 15th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Here's the roster of our players and their armies, in order of final rankings.
(In parentheses: W/L — SoS — points)

1. personwholives (5/0 — 14 — 1580)
    Fire Elemental x 15
    Kurrok
    Zetacron
    Isamu
  2. Typhon2222 (4/1 — 16 — 1500)
    Minions x 5
    Atlaga
    Concan
  3. RoninValentina (4/1 — 15 — 1425)
    KoW x 5
    Sir Gilbert
    Alistair MacDirk
    Q-10
  4. 1moreheroscaper (3/2 — 16 — 940)
    Zombies x 6
    KMA
    Q-9
    Kelda
  5. Killometer (3/2 — 15 — 1230)
    Stingers x 5
    Braxas
    Q-9
    Marcu
    Isamu
  6. Sanguinius (3/2 — 14 — 1940)
    WA x 2
    Morsbane
    Emirroon
    Ulginesh
    Chardris
    Arkmer
    Jorhdawn
    Kyntela Gwyn
    Marcu
    Isamu
  7. Jerry22 (3/2 — 13 — 1510)
    Stingers x 5
    Su-Bak-Na
    Ne-Gok-Sa
    Hive
  8. cmgames (3/2 — 12 — 1740)
    Glads x 3
    Blasts x 2
    Braxas
    Q-10
  9. 2ndmoreheroscaper (Robert) (3/2 — 12 — 1560)
    Fen Hydra x 6
  10. Ninja (3/2 — 12 — 410)
    Minions x 2
    Omnicron Snipers x 2
    Taelord
    Fen Hydra
  11. Utgars Servant (2/3 — 15 — 1270)
    10th x 3
    Charos
    Cyprien
    Sonya
    Kelda
    Isamu
  12. Carnival Man (2/3 — 14 — 1225)
    Phantom Knights x 4
    Ninjas of the Northern Winds
    Cyprien
    Sonya
    Kaemon Awa
    Isamu
  13. Tyesheron (2/3 — 13 — 1870)
    Heavy Gruts x 2
    Grimnak
    Tornak
    Nerak
    Ornak
    DW-9K
    Feral Troll
  14. vikinglad (2/3 — 13 — 1140)
    KMA
    Nakitas
    Q-9
    Laglor
    Carr
    Mika
  15. Just Frankie (2/3 — 12 — 820)
    Drow x 6
    Pelloth
    Othkurik
    Darrak
  16. daftfighterz (2/3 — 11 — 985)
    Black Wyrmlings x 5
    Blue Wyrmlings x 5
    Red Wyrmlings x 5
    White Wyrmlings x 4
    Siege
  17. zyx (2/3 — 10 — 1160)
    TSA x 2
    Tagawa Samurai
    Kozuke Samurai
    Izumi Samurai
    Hatamoto Taro
    Kaemon Awa
    Marro Warriors
    Otonashi
  18. Carnival Boy (1/4 — 13 — 0)
    Braxas
    Charos
    Mimring
    Othkurik
    Otonashi
  19. Killz (1/4 — 10 — 540)
    Zettian Infantry x 4
    DW-9K
    DW-8K
    Warden 816
    Ornak

Last edited by Typhon2222; April 15th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Man, no wonder the FEs won. They are deadly on small maps, especially with that many of them. A stray OM on Zetracon is sure to be scary too, since he could get a hit on most of those maps within one OM. I would cringe if I had to face them on the a map.

Nice to see Hydra x6 was used as well, and did good.
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Random thoughts about the armies:

In the five previous tourneys I attended, I don't think Q-9 ever popped up a single time. This tourney, he featured in three armies. As Vikinglad and others said: since Rats and Raelin were prohibited, it made it seem less cheesy to bring him. That armies with him made #4 and #5 (and #14) is testament, I guess, to his strength even without Rats and Raelin.

As RoninValentina correctly planned with his KoW: without Rats to slow them, and without Raelin to bolster the enemy's defenses, the KoW become super-men.

Man oh man is the Firestorm strong! I thought about bringing that army myself (with a few FEs replaced by AEs), but eventually decided not to, because I feared that he'd be taken down too quickly by ranged fire. But that didn't happen. Wowzers was that army nasty.

Kudos to Sanguinius for bringing an all-elf-wizard army! And taking them to #6!

Kudos to Just Frankie for bringing an all-Underdark army (Drow, Pelloth, Othkurik, Darrak)! Given the theme of our maps, this was the most thematically-appropriate army fielded. That it didn't do so well, even when every map featured a BftU set, was kind of surprising to me. If ever there was a tournament that should have given the Drow a chance to shine in mass numbers, this was it.

Kudos to zyx for bringing an all-Samurai army. Seeing Kozuke, Tagawa, and Izumi, plus TSA, KA, and Hatamoto on the battlefield was a feast for the eyes.

For those who don't know.... Sanguinius, Just Frankie, and zyx are all related (brothers/cousins). Big thumbs-up to you three for having all brought some of the tightest, most thematically unified armies around.

Kudos to killz for embracing the SoV and bringing an all-Zettian-Infantry/DW army! (plus Ornak). I'm sorry it didn't do better.

2ndmoreheroscaper (Robert's) army of 6 x Fen Hydras were fun to see. I think they proved heavily match-up-dependent. They were unlucky enough to face my Minions in the final round, which must be one of the Hydra's nightmare matches. But they were a terror in some other matches.

cmgames and vikinglad both brought pure-Vydar armies. Their cards sure looked beautiful, spread across the table.

1moreheroscaper brought Zombies! and took them to #4 (with Q-9). bwah hah hah.

Jerry22 brought a unified all-Marro army (Stingers, Hive, SBN, and NGS), and took them to #7. They won 3, lost 2 — and both losses occurred against the only two armies to feature Minions (mine, and Ninja's). In both games, the Minions rushed the Hive and took it down early.

Biggest surprise for me of the tourney: only one army featured Taelord! At 720 points, I expected to see lots more of him.

Last edited by Typhon2222; April 15th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Ninja and I had a great time. I expected to do better than 14 with Q9, but the small maps made it hard to stay at ranged distance. I fought Ronin's KoW army, and with good Gilbert rolls and the road bonuses, he was all over me. That army looked really cool on the field.

I also did really bad against the all-hydra army. I got height early with the KMA, and failed to take down a single hydra before it reached me with three volleys of 4 dice.

I think I had the most fun playing ZYXs all Samurai army. It was the closest game I was in, and it featured lots of cool samurai squads I don't get to face often. Another beautiful army to field, and a fun guy to play against. He took out Q9 in the last round, and I think he may have been able to pull off a comeback if we played it to the end.

...and once again, cmgame's Braxas sprayed all my agents. How I hate's her. Well played. I thought it was pretty close, till the end there. It was fun having a Vydar vs Vydar battle with no repeat characters at all. Dragon's and giant robots: that's Heroscape to me. That glad/blast combo is nasty. Thanks for lending me Laglor for the day. I had a great time trying him out, and rolling with his cool dice.

Thanks for setting all of this up for us, Typhon. Have safe, happy travels.

Last edited by vikinglad; April 15th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

daftfighterz' army was:

Black Wyrmlings x 5
Blue Wyrmlings x 5
Red Wyrmlings x 5
White Wyrmlings x 4
Siege

715/20

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
daftfighterz' army was:

Black Wyrmlings x 5
Blue Wyrmlings x 5
Red Wyrmlings x 5
White Wyrmlings x 4
Siege

715/20

~Z
Thanks Z. I'll edit the army list to include this.

Also.... could you pass along this link to daftfighterz/Jerry22? They expressed interest in using the FotA set they won to make a dice tower.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=39666
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Possibly interesting observation about my games: the three that I won I rolled out the Stingers first, and the two that I lost I led with Braxas (Q9 was saved to bat clean-up in all of them).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM

zyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks typhon for setting this up and though I wish I could have gone farther I had loads of fun! I thought I would get to counter strike more because of the shadow but there wasn't as much as I thought there would be.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you, gentlemen, for a great time. I promise not to bring the firestorm to the next tournament, though to be fair I think it benefited no small amount from the size of the maps and the fact that there were 15 of those elementals out there. I didn't have to move Kurrock up for quite a while, once I got some elementals out there where they could sear while I brought up the reserves.

My comments on individual matches:
Utgar's servant.... sorry, I got nothing. It's not that your match was forgettable or anything like that, I just don't have anything to say about it.

Carnival Boy had me the most scared of any opponent, after he managed to take out Kurrok. But, even 4 dragons apparently are no match for a mass of fire elementals. Especially when those elementals have already done a good job of whittling those dragons down. Still, well played, and that was an interesting army choice.

Ronin's Knights worried me before the game started, but about halfway through, I was feeling a bit better. It was still anybody's game, but we had simplified it to my mass of fire elementals and kurrok vs. his mass of knights and q10. Without the champions for the knights, and with me able to get q10 engaged to 3 fire elementals, it was, more or less, just down to the cleanup after that. Alistair's noble sacrifice to take down Zeta was probably less than ideal, but only because I had already taken down Gilbert. Of course, I probably should have tried to use Zeta on q10 instead of Gilbert, but it worked out in the end.

Typhon thought he stood no chance against me, but, truth be told, that match probably came down to a single initiative roll. He could have put three minions on Kurrok with an initiative win. Instead, I put 3 elementals on his minions before they could get to me, and that, as they say, was that. He tried, but never really had another good shot at Kurrok. We talked about it, but I still don't understand the reasoning behind not rushing Atlaga. Sacrificing the movement bonus to take out my power source? Worth it. And, he could have easily made it his move 3 order marker for round 1, then hoped for initiative on round 2. Of course, the danger with that is that once Atlaga was out, I could have probably put some elementals on him, if I won initiative. Still, probably would have been a good bet.

1moreheroscaper's zombies surprised me. I didn't think I'd see zombies, and I forgot how annoying they can really be. I was a little too aggressive at numerous points in that match, but I managed to pull it out with some careful play in the late game, and a set of sear rolls that just wouldn't quit. Still, you played it well, and those zombies managed to always be in the right place at the right time to give me trouble. If not for searing them unto death, I would not have had so many good shots at your soulborg and agents backup.

Overall, I had a lot of fun.... but it's easy to say that when you're winning them all, right? I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone with my overly aggressive army, but hey, sometimes you just have to bring the cheesiest, right? I guessed it would be very effective, given the map theme, and I was proved right.

Oh, and Ronin, you were right. Both 4-1 players had their only losses against the firestorm. Not sure what that says, but I'm sure it says something.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events