Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Post My 600 Point Melee Army - Advice Needed

Here's the army :

1x Marcus Decimus Gallus 100 pts
1x Roman Legionnaires 50 pts
1x Ninjas of the Northern Wind 110 pts
1x Kozuke Samurai 100 pts
1x Finn The Viking Champion 80 pts
1x Thorgrim the Viking Champion 80 pts
1x Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV) 80 pts
------------------------TOTAL = 600 pts

Strategy:

I would send out Thorgrim and Finn as suicide bombers, letting them wreak as much havoc as they could until both of them died. When they did, I would place Finn on my Ninjas to make them more offensive, and Thorgrim on my Samurai, boosting their counter attack ability.
I would then send out My Ninjas to finish off any enemies that finn and thorgrim wounded, and with their attack of five, hopefully get some kills in. They have the Dissappearing Ninja ability, so I'm not too worried about their defence. By now I have probably made a dent in the enemy forces, so I would send in my Romans, (This includes Marcus) to fight as well, they have bonding, so some decent damage should be done.
I would proceed to send in my samurai, with Raelin close behind, to give them a good defence, they would be my mop up crew, chasing down everyone that was left.

NOTE: I have no multiples, except for krav maga agents, and some marro guys, just so everyone knows.

The figures I have are:
Rise of the Valkryie
Swarm of the Marro
Wave 1 - All
Wave 2 - The Minutemen and Wolves and Drones and Minions
Wave 3 - Kilts and Commandos
Wave 4 - None
Wave 5 - Gladiators and Agents, Soulborgs, and Ninja and Samurai
Wave 6 - Zombies of Morindan
Wave 7 - None
Wave 8 - None
RttFF I have
Thaelnek Tundra I have
Volcarren Wasteland I have
Castle I have
Heroes of Laur I have
Heroes of Lindesfarme I do not have
Aquilla's Alliance I do not have
Ticalla Jungle I do not have

Wave 6

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 2nd, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My 600 Point Melee Army - Advice Needed

Ya need multiples of commons.
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart

I recomend some KoW in there, for four attacks.(5 if you keep finn and thorgrim)And maybe WoA.(maybe)
Kam
Old August 1st, 2008, 10:31 PM

Einars Puppy, I have no multiples ok. I don't have the money to buy multiples. I want to own everything before I even THINK ABOUT GETTING MULTIPLES. Whew....
Also, I have no knights of weston unfortunately, and whats WoA? Sorry lol. But is it good? Think it's got lasting power? Anything? Thanks

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 1st, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old August 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

WoA are the Warriors of Ashera, an elven common melee squad. They have a special similar to the Kravs stealth dodge ability, but for melee attacks. If one of them (being the WoA) rolls a shield against a melee attack it blocks all damage.

And, may I suggest along with Einars Puppy, that multiples of common squads are needed. As for the money (I'm in the same boat) do some research and pick an army type that you really want to build and go all out of it.
Another choice that you have is to buy a lot of unique squads and use them in an army. The problem with this is that they have much less synergy that squad and hero based armies.

And one more thing, tells us what you do have so we can help you better.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM

Ok I'll edit and put in what I have. Also, I have every other pack in wave 5, except WoA! Luckily, my K-Mart has 3 in stock, and no-one buys them, so I'll get one soon enough. I did just get the zombies however.

My Customs My Maps

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 4th, 2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM

My Customs My Maps
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You don't really need to bump if it's still on the first page
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Ya I know.....I couldn't help myself. lol. Will someone please tell me if it's good or not? PLEASE?

My Customs My Maps
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHRULER View Post
Einars Puppy, I have no multiples ok. I don't have the money to buy multiples. I want to own everything before I even THINK ABOUT GETTING MULTIPLES. Whew....
Also, I have no knights of weston unfortunately, and whats WoA? Sorry lol. But is it good? Think it's got lasting power? Anything? Thanks
Totally normal, my friends are the same way. I, however, like to go to tournaments and stuff, so I need to be ble to make a good army, and multiples are amlost necesary. I buy in small amounts, not much variety in my collection, but I have plenty of commons to get by. (though I don't have enough 4th Mass.) When I see a unit I really like (microcorp, 10th reg.) I buy 3 of that pack, and that's usually it. When I see a unit I want but am not going to use a ton, then I buy 2.
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Using Finn/Thorgrim without bonding is a waste of points and order markers.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Why are 4th mass so praised? They are really just complicatedf stingers for 10 more points.
Maybe replace Thorgrim with the scotts and make Finn thier human champion.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Last edited by temp.nerd; August 4th, 2008 at 09:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion