Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 14th, 2006, 11:02 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Robaula - Scenery - 5 APR *FORGOTTEN WELLSPRING* NEW PIX!!!!

My customs thread. Any comments or questions are appreciated.

Items that can be made for trade:

Lions
Columns
Walls
Monoliths
...or anything else anyone would like, made in the same style!

PM me for details!

Scenery and new custom figures now in a gripping photo-story in the fan-fiction section... Click below to have a look!

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1194

THE FORGOTTEN WELLSPRING

Update, 11th April.. Wellspring and monliths are nearing completion... All the bases have been gravelled and painted, and the wellspring has had its various bits of fauna added. Just need to finish the inside of the wellspring, and add fauna to the monoliths. New pictures soon!

5th April....

Paint jobs finished on the Monoliths and the central wellspring. Just need to mount them and finish the details on the bases. The wellspring itself will have something in it - cant decide whether to have water inside, or to leave it as a dried up wellspring that no longer has any special powers...

The shields that are mounted around the wellspring are lined up to point towards each of the 5 monoliths.

Included a few repainted figures in the pics, they are not going to be part of the finished set.

Got a few more bits of scenery to finish for the Wellspring set-up - they should really brighten the whole thing up They are primarily going to be purpley-pink in colour - can you guess what they are?

4th April Update! Progressing nicely - pictures coming tomorrow. Pieces used so far:

Lots of Polystyrene
Lots of Kitchen Roll
Lots of Paint
5 x Order Markers
5 x Glyphs

10 x MS Figures

First level of highlighting has been completed on the monoliths, second coat finished on the wellspring.

30th March - Progressing well... the 5 monoliths have had their Heroscape emblems attached, been mached, sprayed and had their undercoat painted. Looking pretty cool already. The central wellspring is making good progress - all the bits are fixed together in place, and will be mached tomorrow...

Work has just begun on this project, which will consist of five monolith type structures (is it a coincidence that there are five generals also?) a wellspring, and several repainted squads, along with new scenery-specific rules!
So far, only the basics have been done... the monoliths have been shaped, as shown in the picture below. Not too impressive to look at yet, but then again, that photo was taken on the 28th of March, and I have been VERY busy tonight... More pictures as progress is made!

UTGAR'S BLOOD SHRINE

Mouldering in a long forgotten part of Valhalla... Utgar's Stronghold, once a testament to his forboding power, is now an overgrown ruin, abandoned when the wellspring ran dry. Desolate, devoid of life.... or is it?

Rumours have spread across the land of an evil, magical shrine, that has the power to revive and control the dead. The power comes at a cost, though - the shrine requires blood sacrifice to allow its user to retain control over the dead.

The wellspring, now refilled, has attracted the attention of the Generals, and with it, the Blood Shrine also falls under their gaze, and the awesome, deadly power it offers...

Pictures of my repainted Marro's

Lilnewbie's Lions

Finished lions, all now getting accustomed to their new homes in America. Fare thee well, my children!

Five more bits of custom scenery, all now overseas in the US of A. Yay! I'm international!

A birds-eye view of the main building. Utgar's Stronghold used to be a bastion of strength for the warlord himself, but a horrendous earthquake in Valhalla split open the ground, bringing the walls tumbling down. Now, it is dead and abandoned. The wellspring has recently, mysteriously re-filled at the ruins, hence the large number of Marro.

A few more shots of the main building. Simply constructed at minimal cost with polystyrene and kitchen roll(like toilet paper), then painted, flocked, and stuck to hexes. I prefer sticking all my scenery to hexes rather than having it just sit on top.

Two more pictures, this time from inside the building. I quite like the Ne-Gok-Sa shot, reckon its full of character. The archways in the building, as you can see from the second picture, are useful vantage points to shoot down on approaching enemies.

Finally, I'm including this picture from the diorama of Me-Burq-Sa - reckon it looks ace! One of my favourites.

Three more pieces of the Utgar's Stronghold ruins set I've been working on. First one shows a regular broken wall, second one is a rubble pile (used to be a wall) and the third and fourth pictures show both sides of the third piece. (A curved wall) All were made the same way as the archway piece that follows after the pictures. I have put one of the Children Of Utgar alongside each piece as a size reference.

Four pictures of the first piece in the Utgar's Stronghold series of ruins, with 4th Massachussets fella (and one of the Children Of Utgar) providing a size reference. Constructed simply with polystyrene, painted, stuck to two doubles and one single hex, decorated, and archway added from the Darkworld game. Didnt take long to make, and I reckon it looks fairly effective - should look great with the other parts of the stronghold I am working on...

First of all, a statue of a lion. Done two of these - adapted dolls house scenery for these two, slightly damaged to age then, repainted, based, and flora added.

Next up, a favorite of custom scenery makers, the wedding cake pillars. Nice and cheap from my local M&S (works out to about £1.00 each) Repainted, adapted, based and flora'd. These are always fun to make.

Altar type thing. Took bits out of the Dark World board game, cut them up, restuck them together, painted, based, more flora, I reckon the result is pretty smart if I can say so myself.

The lions, pillars and altar stuck onto a cool map, entitled "Temple Of The Dam ned" (ignore the space between dam and ned - stupid anti-swearing software on the site changes the word to darned!)
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:03 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Very cool!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM

Dammit... Why aren't my pictures coming up?
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM

Hey... How can you see them and I can't?
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:09 AM

Aha... Working now. Figure my firewall was preventing them from coming up. Plenty more pictures if anyone wants to mail me at robaula_enterprises@hotmail.com

Old June 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nicely done, robaula! Did you make the caps for the pillars? The lion statue is sweet! Where did you get it? Thanks for sharing the pics!

Newb.
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very nice indeed.
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM

LilNewbie, the caps were already part of the pillars when I bought them. They had similar caps on the bottom that looked out of place, so I had to cut them off first. The Lions were purchased from a local model shop. They are supposed to be statues to place outside a dolls house. Put to much better use for Heroscape, I think :P
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
The top part of the temple looks like a piece from the Dark World boardgame temple.

I've used that for some custom scenery too. Useful stuff. . .
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM

Good eye, Annerios! The altar at the top of the temple is indeed two parts stuck together from the Darkworld boardgame. Several useful bits and pieces in that game can be salvaged for making custom scenery...
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:26 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
is this all one big piece, or several individual customs?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:28 AM

DarkSpade, all of the pieces are seperate. I have seen several ruins and similar things on Ebay that were afixed together, but I figured that if I kept all of my bits seperate then they could be positioned differently whenever we make a new map. Should really add to our map variations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles