Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 7th, 2016, 02:17 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker
3D Terrain Stl Files

Hello there, Does anyone have a link to stl files for printable Heroscape terrain? So far I have only found a blank hex, and there is a printed wall on sale on Shapeways that is a bit too spendy when I could print it for a few pennies. In reality, perhaps only a hex negative space item is needed, and anything could be glued on top of that. Cheers!
Old April 7th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: 3D Terrain Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teazia View Post
Hello there, Does anyone have a link to stl files for printable Heroscape terrain? So far I have only found a blank hex, and there is a printed wall on sale on Shapeways that is a bit too spendy when I could print it for a few pennies. In reality, perhaps only a hex negative space item is needed, and anything could be glued on top of that. Cheers!
I have one here. I made it in ProE. It prints good enough on my printer.

I also have a 7 hex tile, but I haven't uploaded it to Heroscapers.com. And I have a file for the bridge half-hex pieces.
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:47 AM

Oh very good. Color me interested in your other files!
Old April 8th, 2016, 07:36 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

@White Knight - Have you ever considered making a set of ruins that are mirror images of the RoTV ones? I'd LOVE to have something like that and have looked around on the forum but haven't found anything that fits the bill.

It always struck me as odd that both the small and large ruin turned the same direction
Old April 8th, 2016, 10:46 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
@White Knight - Have you ever considered making a set of ruins that are mirror images of the RoTV ones? I'd LOVE to have something like that and have looked around on the forum but haven't found anything that fits the bill.

It always struck me as odd that both the small and large ruin turned the same direction
I have the VirtualScape files, and I can mirror in Blender, so it's easy to print them out. The problem is, they don't have any texture--so they look like flat walls, not like bricks.
Old April 8th, 2016, 12:08 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Not knowing anything about Blender, how hard would it be to apply some sort of texture (not necessarily what is on the Hasbro walls) that would then paint up fairly nicely?
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Not knowing anything about Blender, how hard would it be to apply some sort of texture (not necessarily what is on the Hasbro walls) that would then paint up fairly nicely?
The TEXTURE feature in Blender is cosmetic only. I couldn't figure out a way to add a 3D texture to a surface.

I made a road hex surface putting different sized bumps on a hex tile, but it took a while because I had to add them one by one (copying from a few masters of course).

The only other way I can think of is to make a 3D inverse texture and use Boolean operators to subtract that texture from the original surface.
Old April 9th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Boolean operators
Were they in Star Wars?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 10th, 2016, 07:10 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I believe what you're looking for is displacement maps. These are like textures that modify actual geometry of a model.

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/D...l/Displacement
Old April 10th, 2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I believe what you're looking for is displacement maps. These are like textures that modify actual geometry of a model.

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/D...l/Displacement
ooooh! That's looks exactly like what I'm looking for!

More homework.
Old April 10th, 2016, 07:48 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Please, share your results. My 3D printer's idle right now :P

I don't play a lot of Heroscape currently, but I'd like to find some time to design new terrain like lava geysers or new bridges.
Old April 12th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Printing the single hex in transparent blue right now.. Sparkly!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles