Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2019, 04:46 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-15-19)

A couple updates; Raynor and his Raiders are basically done testing and will get new cards in the next week or so to reflect changes. Tychus received more testing and I think I may have settled on a final version, but would like to test him some more. Same thing goes for the Marauder. Did not get to test Nova or Rosa this past week.
Old July 28th, 2019, 04:47 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-21-19)

A few updates. Got some testing done with Nova and Rosa. Nova is in a good spot, but Rosa needs some more work. I did not get a chance to update any existing cards yet, but it's good because I decided to bump Raynor's cost a little more. The marauder is in a nice place now. On to the last Terran piece I'm planning on for now;

Firebat
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:42 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-28-19)

Not too many updates. I didn't get much testing done, but I did finally update the cards of the ones I feel are done. I also cleaned up their log sections and added a short bio for them. Still need to test Rosa, Nova and the Firebat some more.

Part 1 of the next faction;

Zerglings (x4)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lumovanis; August 4th, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 02:35 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (8-4-19)]

On a totally unrelated note (well, not Starcraft), I saw these minis and wanted to throw a custom card together for them;

CX-7 Gun Drones (x5)
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 6th, 2019, 04:04 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (8-5-19)]

I messed around with the gun drones in a random game earlier and I think I really like them. I may put Starcraft testing on a brief hold and thoroughly test the drones and push them into SoV. They feel like they may need to cost a bit more. That or, I was toying with the idea of limiting the number of actions they can actually take each round (IE; never being able to act on Order Marker #1 or only getting a maximum of 1 action/round, etc as a 5-wide squad is pretty swingy to give actions to).
Old August 6th, 2019, 05:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Lumo!

Imo, it’d be much easier to convert Firebat’s Flamethrowers ability into a Special Attack and then just add the bit about Focused Flames’s +1 ATK into it. A big tanky flamethrower unit is cool, so I’m sure testing will be fun!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 6th, 2019, 05:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
I messed around with the gun drones in a random game earlier and I think I really like them. I may put Starcraft testing on a brief hold and thoroughly test the drones and push them into SoV. They feel like they may need to cost a bit more. That or, I was toying with the idea of limiting the number of actions they can actually take each round (IE; never being able to act on Order Marker #1 or only getting a maximum of 1 action/round, etc as a 5-wide squad is pretty swingy to give actions to).
Double post!

Unpainted/unassembled minis are generally a no-no for SoV releases, especially when they aren’t translucent ones. Just a heads up

Regarding the unit itself, it looks pretty cool. A drone tank that can act “on its own” is a fine representation of the real thing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 7th, 2019, 01:25 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey Lumo!

Imo, it’d be much easier to convert Firebat’s Flamethrowers ability into a Special Attack and then just add the bit about Focused Flames’s +1 ATK into it. A big tanky flamethrower unit is cool, so I’m sure testing will be fun!
I thought about that, but I wanted the basic attack to have that area. The focused attack still uses the line 2 attack, it just gives it a bonus if there's only one enemy in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Double post!

Unpainted/unassembled minis are generally a no-no for SoV releases, especially when they aren’t translucent ones. Just a heads up

Regarding the unit itself, it looks pretty cool. A drone tank that can act “on its own” is a fine representation of the real thing.
Ah, a shame. Un-assembled minis are by far the highest quantities of anything available. That and the entire squad of 5 is cheaper than buying a squad of any 3 pathfinder models. I'm not sure how anything makes it into SoV anymore. Everything is out of stock except the most recent wave of D&D minis.

Last edited by Lumovanis; August 7th, 2019 at 01:44 AM.
Old August 8th, 2019, 04:08 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

No real testing this week, I snagged a friend's collection of heroscape stuff and have been going through all of it. I did want to get the Hydralisks posted;

Hydralisks (x2) [Double Base]
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 11th, 2019, 04:19 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (8-8-19)]

A few updates. Finally got some more testing in this weekend (and with a lot more terrain to do it with now).

I'm actually pretty satisfied with Nova, I think that will be her final version. She feels strong, but not overly so. She definitely has the one really scary attack that your opponents have to play around until they deal with her or draw it out. After that she's slippery and can use blink to get up out of reach of melee and snipe down targets.

Rosa... is more complicated. She probably needs to cost about 20+ more for her utility, but at that point she starts being too expensive as a support unit. I may bump down her defense by 1 and see about reducing her efficiency slightly, but safe to say she's definitely still a work in progress.

The Firebat needs some help. He really wants to be up close and in their face, but he seems a bit too squishy for that in testing. I've been thinking on how to remedy the situation and I think the best bet is to make him an uncommon hero, up his points a bit, add 1 or 2 life and maybe give him an extra +1 defense (not auto shield) vs normal ranged attacks. He's been having trouble making into combat in the presence of moderate strength ranged heroes. The defense works fine for the Marauder who is pelting things at range and can get free actions from Raynor, but not the poor Firebat. That being said, he was appropriately fun to test vs things like zombies and zerglings.

Speaking of Zerg; I didn't get to test them as much as I was hoping, but right now the zerglings + hydralisks feels pretty great. Stat-wise they aren't super impressive, but their action efficiency and the pressure of burrowed units is solid. That's about the only thing they have vs Nova is that they can threaten her at a moment's notice with a good burrow roll. Burrow is definitely a strong ability to have on any number of your squad units (just have to be careful not to get wiped out before deployments start happening).

I also going to drop the Queen of Blades herself;
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:31 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (8-11-19)

Random sidetrack; discovered Starfinder minis have large quantities in many places. Was inspired to throw one together;

Kethis
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lumovanis; August 12th, 2019 at 06:13 AM.
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (8-11-19)

Just going to throw some input at you for kethis. Lovely backstory. So descriptive and paints a great picture for the unit. Ill breakdown what I critique.
Targeting Mark- it should probably specify how many markers or affected figures it can have at one time. Right now one figure per turn can be targeted and none lose their mark until destroyed. Also its not specified the kethis alone gets to negate the figures allowing friendly figures to attack the marked figures in a negated state. You could probably get rid of the token all together and just specify:
Targeting Mark
Whenever kethis attacks a figure, all special abilities on that army card are negated. Any terrain effects are also negated.

It does the same thing, keeps it simple, and saves a lot of card space. Also helping with theme Id negate jungle bush and shadow bonuses as well. Snow units such as dzu te wouldnt be allowed to hide by glaciers.

Heres a simpler Disruptor Axe:
Disruptor Axe 1
When attacking an adjacent figure, kethis recieves one additional attack die. If the defending figure recieves at least 1 wound, kethis may roll 1 addtional, unblockable attack die on the defending figure.

This verbage cuts out additional, un needed text. Kethis only has normal attacks so that part isnt needed. All the stats are pretty hefty so not sure about the pricing. 5 life and 5 defense is better than Major Q10 for the points in that regard. The range is one less but no special attacks. Lastly, the Bio makes me think that this character is more like a sniper type character. Hope this helps. I hope to get back to my starcraft customs as well. What scaling are you printing your starcraft minis at and are you using resin or fdm? The ones Ive printed at about 32mm because the marines are in pretty big suits and the protoss are bigger than humans anyway. I eventually had planned to make cards for my seige tanks for Hexless Heroscape.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards