Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2021, 02:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV 3D Printable Proxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Leaf_it sent me so far:

Varkaanan Grey Spears
Varkaanan Swift Fangs
Varkaanan Quick Blades
Varkaanan Dark Claws
Arktos
Manauvi
Bahadur
Skull Demons (all 4 unique Sculpts)
Morgoloth
Ebon Armor
Skeletons of Annellintia (6 different sculpts)
Brimstone
Knights of Blackgaard
Emperor Andask
Nhah Scirh Cultists
Zettian Infantry
Red Ants of Aunstrom
12th Caucusus Rifles
Bloodburst Thrall
Deathstrike Thrall
Preyblood Thrall
Banshees of Durgeth Swamp
Ah that'll be a nice collection. I had started on a Swiftfang proxy but wasn't liking how it was turning out. I do have some Super Battle Droid models I modified which work well for the Zettian Infantry, pretty easy to swap those in. Also have Geonosian Starfighter for the Zettian Deathwings.

I've just cleaned up and rebuilt Talingul from your old file and uploaded it to my Thingi.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; February 24th, 2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old February 24th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

This is really awesome. I think I'll be looking to commission printing of a small, selective list of VC units in the future. I'm hoping to develop a new format this summer, and there's a small subset of VC that I'll want to include.
Old February 25th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I plan to send WhiteKnight every C3V unit that he hasn't been able to scan yet. Things that are harder to find will be a higher priority.
Old February 25th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I plan to send WhiteKnight every C3V unit that he hasn't been able to scan yet. Things that are harder to find will be a higher priority.
The first set of models is almost done. I'll be posting them soon. They'll still need separation and cleanup.

I'm also going look at them closely and see if I have to re-photograph any of them.
Old February 27th, 2021, 12:32 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
The first set of models is almost done. I'll be posting them soon. They'll still need separation and cleanup.

I'm also going look at them closely and see if I have to re-photograph any of them.
If you can post the raw versions as soon as they are good enough, that will allow me to import them into TTS sooner. Once again, thanks for doing all this!
Old February 27th, 2021, 08:31 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

OK, here are some C3V and HoSS scans:

C3V Leaf_it round 1 (see next post)

C3V from my home collection(I re-ran these through 3DF Zephyr and got better scans. I'll have to post soon. Sorry for the delay)

HoSS scanned models

Note: There are several figures in each model, and they need to be separated and cleaned up.

Last edited by White Knight; August 4th, 2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old April 25th, 2021, 10:46 PM

I just uploaded a bunch of C3V scanned figures to Thingiverse. Wolfen, Skull Demons, Thralls, and a few others.

Brimstone
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838910

12th Caucusus Rifles
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838902

Arktos
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838904

Bahadur
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838905

Darkprowl Thrall
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838912

Deathstrike Thrall
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838914

Zettian Infantry
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838939

Varkaanan Swiftfangs
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838937

Ebon Armor
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838917

Knights of Blackgaard
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838919

Nhah Scirh Cultists
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838924

Morgoloth
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838921

Red Ant of Aunstrom
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838925

Skeletons of Annellintia
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838927

Skull Demons
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838928

Varkaanan Darkclaws
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838929

Varkaanan Greyspears
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4838930

Ulfrid Hornwrangler
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4840176

Tomoe Gozen
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4840174

Last edited by White Knight; April 26th, 2021 at 01:00 AM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 02:16 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thought I'd share a few of the proxies I chose for some characters found off of thingiverse in the meantime. Quorik Warwitch and Pel the Hill Giant require Pla since use heat attaching parts from multiple prints.
Some of these may need upscaling such as Otar, Kuthnak, Owlbear. I can't remember which.

Quorik Warwitch & Beakface Sneaks
Spoiler Alert!

Pel the Hill Giant - This proxy turned out great actually!
Spoiler Alert!

Otar

Crypt Guardian

Microcorp Troopers

Kuthnak

Kira Jax

OwlBear

Wildwood Runner

VulcanMech Incendiborgs

Goblin Slashers
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; July 17th, 2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old June 9th, 2021, 03:14 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Can I make a suggestion? Why not make this thread into a subforum?

-We could have a central thread that indexed all figures that had printable proxies.

-Have a central request thread that kept a tally of how many times a figure was requested to get 3D scans and made into a printable file so the requested figures could be ranked by priority.

-Then we could also have a painting guide of sorts that shows a simplified painting guide for each figure that's gotten a file, or at the very least include photos of a painted figure so people that print them know how to paint them on each side.

I don't think this is overkill. Sifting through thingaverse and reading through this thread as more and more posts are made will only get more and more cumbersome.
Old June 18th, 2021, 12:38 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Set of lower resolution C3V scans (mostly in Blender)

Higher resolution C3V scans

These files need cleanup before printing.

SCALE

@TREX

As for scale, the scale is not absolute--it depends on where the camera is placed relative to the figures.

Many of the C3V figures and the D1-D3 figures have non-standard base sizes.

Here are the correct base sizes for various figures so that the figure can be scaled correctly:

Figure: Diameter (in inches)
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (Soldier and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0"
I don't know the first thing about how to clean these scans up but there are quite a few left in these folders that still need to be cleaned up so people can print them. What can be done and how can it be done? I don't know if I'll be able to be of much assistance because I have never done it before but I'm willing to try cleaning up the files if someone can share how it's done. I just don't want this part of the C3V project slowing down because 3D printing these minis is going to be how we keep them accessible in the future. Getting them all scanned for printing is important.

I will admit my bias though because I just bought my first printer so I am excitedly joining the 3D printing space with the Anycubic Photon Mono.
Old June 18th, 2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
Set of lower resolution C3V scans (mostly in Blender)

Higher resolution C3V scans

These files need cleanup before printing.

SCALE

@TREX

As for scale, the scale is not absolute--it depends on where the camera is placed relative to the figures.

Many of the C3V figures and the D1-D3 figures have non-standard base sizes.

Here are the correct base sizes for various figures so that the figure can be scaled correctly:

Figure: Diameter (in inches)
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (Soldier and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0"
I don't know the first thing about how to clean these scans up but there are quite a few left in these folders that still need to be cleaned up so people can print them. What can be done and how can it be done? I don't know if I'll be able to be of much assistance because I have never done it before but I'm willing to try cleaning up the files if someone can share how it's done. I just don't want this part of the C3V project slowing down because 3D printing these minis is going to be how we keep them accessible in the future. Getting them all scanned for printing is important.

I will admit my bias though because I just bought my first printer so I am excitedly joining the 3D printing space with the Anycubic Photon Mono.
First, I just posted the Marro Gnids to Thingiverse.

Marro Gnids

Second, many of the models I posted in those google drive links are from figures I actually own--I plan to try one more time to get better detailed scans (using tempura paint). It seemed to work really well on my last bunch of scans.

Third, Leaf_It plans to send me more figures to scan, so I'd prefer to wait and get better detailed ones.

Having said all that, if you see a figure you'd like and the model looks good enough, let me know and I'll make it a high priority to clean and post.
Old June 19th, 2021, 04:33 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post

First, I just posted the Marro Gnids to Thingiverse.

Marro Gnids

Second, many of the models I posted in those google drive links are from figures I actually own--I plan to try one more time to get better detailed scans (using tempura paint). It seemed to work really well on my last bunch of scans.

Third, Leaf_It plans to send me more figures to scan, so I'd prefer to wait and get better detailed ones.

Having said all that, if you see a figure you'd like and the model looks good enough, let me know and I'll make it a high priority to clean and post.
Ok I went through these two links to get together what files I needed with the highest priorities in bold.
Here they are:
  • 8th Infantry Pathfinder
  • Cathar Spearmen
  • Command Courier
  • Count Raymond
  • Elaria the Pale
  • Elian Sidhe
  • Gorilla Troopers
  • Jonah Hex
  • Martial La Hire
  • Myrddin
  • Preyblood Thrall
  • Van Nessing
  • Zettian Deathwings

I really will help though if I know how. I don't want to feel like I'm asking more of you and not helping or contributing in some way. I'd feel like a jerk getting you to do something for me you wouldn't have needed to do otherwise. Is there a specific way you produce scans? Maybe I can make scans and send them in. I have figures that haven't been scanned yet like Kira Jax, the M-43s, Zaeus, Motley Max, most of the figures used from the Heroclix Indy set, Boreos, Marutuk, ect. I don't really want to send my minis anywhere but I can take photos and put them into a software if that is how it works.

EDIT: Also when I put many of the files in this thread onto the build plate in Photon Workshop software the scale was TINY. the miniature was literally 3.42mm tall on the Skeletons of Annellintia. Why is this happening? How tall should they be?

Last edited by Tmac2200; June 19th, 2021 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Remembered to include the thing about scaling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing