Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 4th, 2021, 02:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Commands & Colors Samurai Battles, the block redo of the old Zvesda minis game by GMT, is charging tomorrow, which means it will then be shipped. The old game was terrific; this version will be even better. And it will offer new stuff as well, plus 40 scenarios, all of which will be either new or expanded from the old ones. Really looking forward to this box!

(Update) Charging will now be Feb. 9, with shipping around Feb. 20.

Last edited by chas; February 4th, 2021 at 06:29 AM.
Old February 11th, 2021, 03:46 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sleeping Gods came in the mail today!

Old February 14th, 2021, 10:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just got my first Covid shot here in NYC, after about six weeks of trying! After my second shot on March 13, I'll be having single guests over for two player games again! Several pals have their own preferences, and by then I should have the new block redo of Commands & Colors Samurai Battles.
Old February 14th, 2021, 09:43 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Played Sleeping Gods for the first time today. STEEP learning curve, still have some rules questions - but it was FUN!

Old February 15th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

My daughter (9) has been expressing an interest in board games. With my coaching obligations, we don't often get to play board games. She did the typical board game design of a child her age (ie a roll and move that at best could be called Candyland 2.0) and she loves Uno. Of course Uno with 2 players is Uno with 2 players, so I didn't really want to do that on the regular. So I decided to dust off Mice and Mystics. Now that's all she asks for, which is an obvious upgrade and much more enjoyable.

The other night we tried to complete chapter 3 for the 3rd time. The 2 previous tries we were defeated by Brodie on a total party kill. On the 3rd try we ended up defeating Brodie on back to back rooms. We just about had an epic win in the last room that would have been a great action scene ending in a movie adaptation.
Old February 15th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That’s great! What a blessing. And that’s an age when they can start to care about games in a more adult-like way.

My daughter is 18. We recently got 5 Minute Dingeon. Mercifully, she enjoys it and we’ve been playing. It’s very fun, and a great choice for your friends and family who have short attention spans and want coop.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 15th, 2021, 06:48 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

11 of my favorite games. My wife, kids and I have been doing a ton of gaming during the pandemic.

Heroscape
Ticket to Ride (Europe)
Splendor
Settlers of Catan
Isla Dorada
Carcassone
Dragon's Hoard
Chess
Whist
Rumikub
Cribbage
Old February 16th, 2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
What are your ten favorite board games? Here are mine, not necessarily in order:

1. Heroscape
2. Magic Realm
3. Above and Below
4. Forgotten Waters
5. Star Trek Ascendancy
6. Prophecy
7. BatteLore 1st edition
8. Star Trek Fleet Captains
9. Wabbit Wampage/Wabbit's Wevenge
10. Tales of the Arabian Nights
7 Wonders Duel should be in there as well!
Definitely add Sleeping Gods.

Old February 17th, 2021, 06:30 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My top ten:

1: Heroscape
2-10: Chess
2-10: 7 Wonders
2-10: Food Chain Magnate
2-10: Spirt Island
2-10: Modern Art
2-10: Imperial
2-10: Tigris and Euphrates
2-10: Terra Mystica
2-10: El Grande
Old February 19th, 2021, 06:31 PM

Looking at some games that I don't own with my Steam/TTS gang, I just played my first game of Concordia, coming in third of three players with scores of 112, 110 and 86. Lots of fun, and not bad for a learning game.

We're now considering GMT's Time of Crisis: The Roman Empire In Turmoil 235-284 AD. Its an Ameritrash/Euro hybrid.
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:51 PM

corbell is surprisingly tart

my Tuesday night game group is on our third week of Heroscape. Heroscape has been set on my game table at home all week.

But I run a play by forum for B-17 Queen of the Skies by Avalon Hill, and Target for Today by Legion Wargames. So I have played it today too.
Old February 20th, 2021, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbell View Post
my tuesday night game group is on our third week of heroscape. Heroscape has been set on my game table at home all week.

But i run a play by forum for b-17 queen of the skies by avalon hill, and target for today by legion wargames. So i have played it today too.
ah b-17!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games