Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 29th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The River that was Red

Very good, very good. I am all caught up and have enjoyed it thus far. Except, I have minor bit of criticism. As soon as I read *spoiler* Utgar had, past tense, a wife. I knew Jandar killed her. I also knew that Jandar would end up perpetuating the war through his own twisted logic. It seems to be an odd trend in your stories for Jandar to end up being the true evil. The guy can't catch a break in your stories.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old May 29th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's because Jandar is evil. Raelin, 4th Mass, Nilheim... he's got the most annoying units!

~TAF, 4 dayz

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 29th, 2015, 01:28 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Very good, very good. I am all caught up and have enjoyed it thus far. Except, I have minor bit of criticism. As soon as I read *spoiler* Utgar had, past tense, a wife. I knew Jandar killed her. I also knew that Jandar would end up perpetuating the war through his own twisted logic. It seems to be an odd trend in your stories for Jandar to end up being the true evil. The guy can't catch a break in your stories.
Hmm... not sure how I can avoid the past tense though. I mean, I can't very well say he has one now.
As to the trend... I think it's due to the fact that Jandar's soldiers are more relate-able, and therefore make for better protagonists. Jandar himself therefore, being the one in charge, makes for an obvious secondary antagonist.
~TGRF.
Old May 30th, 2015, 01:05 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nearly a year ago, on July 28, 2014, BiggaBullfrog gave out a new prompt in the Fan Fic Competition. That prompt was to write a story about the natives of Valhalla: the kyrie. My mind instantly leapt to this tale.
I very nearly told this story then. It's probably a good thing I didn't, as I wasn't prepared, and this wasn't a story that could be squashed into just a few pages. I did try, however. Fortunately, I never got past the opening poem.

These are the last three chapters of The River that was Red. Before you get into them, however, I thought I would post that poem I wrote. If ntohing else, let it serve to get you fully into the mood for epicness.

I give you, the finale:
Quote:
Children are on the fields, laughing, rolling, having fun.
Fish swim through the streams, splashing, slithering, in the sun.
Birds fly through the sky, singing, soaring, in the air.
Creatures run through the grass, galloping, trotting, to their lair.

But fires on the horizon do blaze.
War approaches with deadly gaze.
Smoking, choking, trees do fall;
Crushing, slicing, and killing all.

Armies are on the fields, yelling, clashing, slaying foes.
Bodies swim through the streams, lifeless, deadly, rotting clothes.
Arrows fly through the sky, stinging, arcing, in the air.
Warriors run through the grass, hunting, searching, glassy stare.
Book Four - Chapter Three
The Path Chosen

Spoiler Alert!

Chapter Four
Fate of the Innocent

Spoiler Alert!

Chapter Five
Winter Fades, Spring Returns

Spoiler Alert!

And so ends
The River that was Red

Old May 30th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great ending--congratz.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction