Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old March 16th, 2019, 11:32 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart
Castles for the Generals

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this fashion before. And if it has, apparently my searching skills on this site suck. So, please indulge me for a moment or point me to the right place.

If we assume the FotA is Jandar as per the flag included with it, I've been wanting to make/3D print/buy castles for the other generals. But, what would be the theme for each of them?

I've seen an awesome Utgar fortress and I even built one out of megabloks that I plan to use - all dark and sinister.

But what about the others?

Aquilla - Jungle
Einar - Far East or Roman?
Vydar - Futuristic/tech
Ullar - Elvish or just another variation on FotA?

Thoughts?
Old March 17th, 2019, 05:39 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Castles for the Generals

Jandar is the castle. Not sure what you've seen for Utgar so I've listed him below as well.
For me the rest would be;
Aquilla; Tent city
Einar; Wooden fortification
Utgar; Mausoleum type structure
Ullar; Treetop building
Valkrill; Cave Entrance
Vydar; Crash-landed Space Ship

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 17th, 2019 at 05:39 AM. Reason: So much could have been done with Heroscape.
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like AMIS's answers overall here, but for Einar, how can you go wooden fortification over a Japanese style castle?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Technically, that is a mostly wooden fortification.
Maybe not, pretty sure the top part is wood. Their building techniques are ridiculous. Able to withstand earthquakes and there is no metal. Built like Lincoln Logs.

Aquila I see like an Ewok village. I started working on that long ago, still got the materials lying around somewhere.
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:18 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Einar is noted in Thormun's Journal to have a golden palace floating on an island in the middle of a lake, which a long bridge full of Einar Imperium sculptures leading to it.

One of these days, I'll spray paint a castle set gold and make some representation of that palace.

Last edited by Astroking112; March 17th, 2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old March 17th, 2019, 02:28 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

A long forgotten Ullar stronghold:

The Lost City of Ashra!

"The Treasures are here, here, here, here, and here," the Ninja said. All are closely guarded by Warriors."

The Captain thought a moment. "We need to divert their attention. Ideas?"

The Ninja spoke again. "They value their Sacred Trees above all else, save, perhaps the life of their Great Priest, Acolarh. A threat to either or both should do the trick."

"Not everyone will like the idea of killing trees, or priests for that matter," the Captain said. "But they'll get over it somehow. Being filthy rich will help."

The C3G Christmas Special Falling Trees were used in this scenario.

The Victory Conditions were as follows:

The Victory Conditions. The team with the most Victory Points (out of 13 total) after 12 rounds wins. VPs are awarded to each team as follows:

2 VP for killing Acolarh.

2 VP for destroying the Great Evergreen.

1 VP for destroying each of the 4 Evergreens (other than the Great Evergreen).

1 VP for the each of the 5 Treasure Glyphs carried back to either Zap Zone (the hexes adjacent to the Outcrops). The Treasure Glyphs (face down, normally trapped) are Brandar's Chest, Bracers of Teleportation, Potion of Healing, Ring of Protection, and Belt of Giant Strength. When used, the Temporary Treasure Glyphs are transforned/converted to Brandar's Chests, rather than destroyed, and may still be carried to the Zap Zones for VPs.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 17th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old March 17th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2019, 02:44 PM

This is what I have in the plans for Utgar's castle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Here's a castle I built from Megabloks meant to be an Utgar fortress for me and my boys to play on. I need to print out some hexes on clear plastic to overlay on the floor and walkways. And I need to come up with stats for the crossbow mounted above the gate. Final touch will be to add chains to the drawbridge.

And I do love this as well:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=35891

Last edited by crxcowboy; March 17th, 2019 at 03:12 PM. Reason: adding another link
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:10 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nice!
Thanks, Bats! This and Pirates! - A Valhalla Society Adventure are the two scenarios of which I am the most proud.

Although the Castle is very pretty, and using the Glyph of Rannweig to prevent flyers from dominating worked like a charm, my map making skills are roughly eight years' improved. A new, free built Castle would be not nearly as claustrophobic, nor have more than five levels of height.

Old March 17th, 2019, 03:22 PM

Hyground Tiles has an awesome tree fort set, but I'm not sure it quite fits the Ullar Elven feel:
https://www.hygroundtiles.com/shop/3...-fort-set.html

But I do get the feel that it should be perhaps one large tree with several smaller trees linked via walkways.
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Einar is noted in Thormun's Journal to have a golden palace floating on an island in the middle of a lake, which a long bridge full of Einar Imperium sculptures leading to it.

One of these days, I'm spray paint a castle set gold and make some representation of that palace.
I highly recommend not spray painting your castle sets. It doesnt do any favors for the interlocking bits. I did one black years ago very lightly with high end spray paint. Not a good idea. Before that I ruined a fair amount of tiles trying to make some custom lava field tiles with the textured kitty litter on top.(tutorial on here) I was a dumb kid back then and used cheap spray paint that was applied too thick. Id keep the castle bits stock, and just make some cool accent pieces to add to them similar to that Jandar flag that comes with the set. Believe me when I say Ive completed every terrain mistake you can think of. When it comes to interlocking bits they werent designed to be given even less tolerances with extra paint. Theres my pennies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:13 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Hyground Tiles has an awesome tree fort set, but I'm not sure it quite fits the Ullar Elven feel:
https://www.hygroundtiles.com/shop/3...-fort-set.html

But I do get the feel that it should be perhaps one large tree with several smaller trees linked via walkways.
The tree fort concept could easily be duplicated with Heroscaper terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles