Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:12 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon: Glyphs/Items Thread

I prefer the draftable items plan. It's simple, effective, and isn't limited to pure pokescape games, although they will inevitably be more useful there.

Old January 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I prefer the draftable items plan. It's simple, effective, and isn't limited to pure pokescape games, although they will inevitably be more useful there.
I agree about the draftable items, although I think they should be pure Pokescape. It's not fair if you are playing Classic Scape and your opponent can just heal his Tyranitar back to full health, while you can't do that with your Nilfheim.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My problem with draftable items is that, making an example out of potion, healing two or three wounds might be worth a lot or virtually nothing depending on the Pokemon. Imagine a say 120 point Chansey with like 15 health - 2 wounds isn't worth a whole lot. Now imagine a 200 point Dragonite with only 7 or 8 life. Suddenly those two wounds became a lot more valuable.

Take one Pokemon like Mewtwo (which we all know will be insanely powerful and ridiculously hard to kill) and draft nothing but potions alongside it and you would never be able to kill the damn thing.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

On top of that, does it take an "action" to use a potion? Do you put an order marker on it or just use it whenever? If it's whenever, can you use it to interrupt another action, like say the aforementioned Mewtwo has 2 life left. He gets hit for 2 wounds. Can you pop the potion after the attack is rolled but before he dies (faints)?

I really think these would work better as treasure glyphs a la D&D 'Scape. Only a few of them would have to be Pokescape specific (the ones that remove status markers); things like Potion and X Attack could work anytime.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
On top of that, does it take an "action" to use a potion? Do you put an order marker on it or just use it whenever? If it's whenever, can you use it to interrupt another action, like say the aforementioned Mewtwo has 2 life left. He gets hit for 2 wounds. Can you pop the potion after the attack is rolled but before he dies (faints)
"After revealing an Order Marker on a Pokemon you control you may use this Potion instead of taking a turn with that Pokemon".

That should also balance out the power levels. If you have to give up an attack to use the potion and then your opponent gets a free hit that potion starts to look a lot less appealing.

Old January 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

That's a good point. Items as Treasure Glyphs are ideal. My mindset is that you can buy them at a Market before the game and then use them as needed.

America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
That's a good point. Items as Treasure Glyphs are ideal. My mindset is that you can buy them at a Market before the game and then use them as needed.
That seems like it would work great as an optional rule for use in scenarios or Pokescape games. Ideally, they should be usable as Treasure Glyphs just like in D&D 'Scape, but they can also be assigned a point value if you want to draft them beforehand.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still don't like the idea of drafting them. 49% of the time it will be way overpriced and 49% it will be way underpriced, and then 2% of the time it will be accurately priced. These numbers may be exaggerations, but you get the idea.

I think that we should assign them point values for scenarios and such, I just don't like the idea of making them draftable.
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM

/\ That's a good point. A Revive in the first Gym battle isn't worth as much as it is during the Elite Four.

--NightSwipe--
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

For single battles, the Pokemon items I think would be best as new Treasure glyphs would be:
- Pokedoll
- Escape Rope

For the Master Set scenarios, the Pokemon Items/Glyphs I'd like to see:

Scenarios
Pokeball
Greatball

Potion
Full Heal
Antidote

X Attack
X Defend
X Speed

I think Badges and the various permanent items (Calcium, Carbos, etc...) should come later. Altogether it makes 10 Pokemon Items for the Master Set.
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM

We could release the badges in the gym leader "waves".

Old January 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM

I like the look of WK's list, but I don't really see Antidote being necessary. Removing a specific type of status marker that only 2 pokemon at most in the set can inflict is a bit situational.

FiddlerJones Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum