Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 5th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, to be easy, I was thinking of incorporating the races provided in the backstory, just to make it easy.

Such as:
The Mariedians of Alpha Prime - Created and Enslaved by the Soulborg

The Durgeth of Valhalla - Kyrie-hunting race of the swamps, brought to extinction during war. Longetivity due to Comfrey Plants in Swamps.

and the Raptorians of Marr - The first slave-owners of the Vipers, kept them on Marr, but was revolted against. The weapons in the Venoc's hands are Raptorian talons
Well the Raptorians wont work, because we don't have any figures that could pass off as a Raptor creature without mutilating Tornak. What do the Durgeth look like? Has anything been said about them? And aren't the Mariedians just humans?
Well the Raptorians are pretty much bird anthropomorphs their talons their main weapons, the Durgeth are assumed as lizardlike, or some predatory beastman, the Mariedians are humanoids, but like Icarians, have nothing to do with humans, due to their increased capacity of mechanical understanding (ended all major problems of world: hunger, war, disease) So for the Mariedians I see some sort of "technopath" someone who has mastery over machinery.
Yeah, there isn't anything that'll work for the Raptorians, the Durgeths could use the Lizardfolk figures, but I'm not sure how their abilities would differ.

As for the Mariedians, they'd be saved for the Sci-Fi expansion anyways, so we can pick up that discussion later. More than likely they wouldn't be very different from Human Agents, except maybe some like robot controlling-based powers.

So give me all your ideas for the Durgeths for now and lets see what we can make work
From the backstory:
They held to the swamps, using the shifting waters to their advantage. = Amphibious Ability, bonus when in the waters

They are savage, so they accrue abilities similar to a barbarian or tribesman, such as War Cry or Battle Frenzy

They prey on Kyrie, so some sort of predatory instinct ability = Play on the D&D ranger's favored enemy ability (Choose a specific race. When attacking that race automatically gain +1 attack when attacking any members of that species. Every 5-10 levels choose another race for favored enemy. After level 20, add +2 attack when attacking members of that race)

Vengeance: since their race was overrun, their class could be renegade, a species bent on restoring their tribes through whatever means necessary

Comfrey Science: Can use Comfrey Plants in inventory, character race comes with three. Remove all wounds after use.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

From the backstory:
They held to the swamps, using the shifting waters to their advantage. = Amphibious Ability, bonus when in the waters

They are savage, so they accrue abilities similar to a barbarian or tribesman, such as War Cry or Battle Frenzy

They prey on Kyrie, so some sort of predatory instinct ability = Play on the D&D ranger's favored enemy ability (Choose a specific race. When attacking that race automatically gain +1 attack when attacking any members of that species. Every 5-10 levels choose another race for favored enemy. After level 20, add +2 attack when attacking members of that race)

Vengeance: since their race was overrun, their class could be renegade, a species bent on restoring their tribes through whatever means necessary

Comfrey Science: Can use Comfrey Plants in inventory, character race comes with three. Remove all wounds after use.
I like it. This is some good stuff. But you do know there are only 4 levels right? [Unless you were quoting D&D rules for Favored Enemy, but in that case the Ranger already has a skill like that]

So here's what I'm thinking. The Sahugin Raider would probably work well for the figure for these guys. If fact, I'd rather use the Sahugin Raider ONLY for this Race. Unless there's anyone that has an affinity for Sahugin, I won't plan on making a Sahugin Race for the RPG. Being a Sahugin isn't very appealing to me personally, but since I like the Valhallan them of the Durgeths they'd be a pretty cool addition.

I'll probably make the available classes Warrior and Scout. They're going to be pretty similar to the Viper, but with enough differences to not make them redundant. All those abilities you mentioned will be used.

Any comments or complaints about this?
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

From the backstory:

I like it. This is some good stuff. But you do know there are only 4 levels right? [Unless you were quoting D&D rules for Favored Enemy, but in that case the Ranger already has a skill like that]

So here's what I'm thinking. The Sahugin Raider would probably work well for the figure for these guys. If fact, I'd rather use the Sahugin Raider ONLY for this Race. Unless there's anyone that has an affinity for Sahugin, I won't plan on making a Sahugin Race for the RPG. Being a Sahugin isn't very appealing to me personally, but since I like the Valhallan them of the Durgeths they'd be a pretty cool addition.

I'll probably make the available classes Warrior and Scout. They're going to be pretty similar to the Viper, but with enough differences to not make them redundant. All those abilities you mentioned will be used.

Any comments or complaints about this?
Nope that's fine with me! I'll see if I can create some other custom-based races using seldom used Heroscape characters.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Nope that's fine with me! I'll see if I can create some other custom-based races using seldom used Heroscape characters.
Don't limit yourself from special powers the ones you offered for the Durgeths were pretty good.
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:11 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

hey, that sounds interesting, can't wait for what Kaiyu pulls out of his hat next

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

just played a game, human fighter with broadsword and bow 1, human wizard (divine) with lay on hands 1, and elf wizard with Arcane Bolt Special Attack 1, against a feral troll, x1 arrow gruts, and x1 blade gruts. not much synergy on their side but still did ok. the heroes did excellent! the elf (played by sonlen, not the original but looked fine) was the best in the group, he took out half the blades and an arrow grut in the first round, and the fighter (Tandros Kreel) took out another arrow grut. at the end sonlen and Tandros both took several hits but were healed by the healer (Ana) but Ana was down to 1 life.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
just played a game, human fighter with broadsword and bow 1, human wizard (divine) with lay on hands 1, and elf wizard with Arcane Bolt Special Attack 1, against a feral troll, x1 arrow gruts, and x1 blade gruts. not much synergy on their side but still did ok. the heroes did excellent! the elf (played by sonlen, not the original but looked fine) was the best in the group, he took out half the blades and an arrow grut in the first round, and the fighter (Tandros Kreel) took out another arrow grut. at the end sonlen and Tandros both took several hits but were healed by the healer (Ana) but Ana was down to 1 life.
Sounded like a relatively easy battle. Only 55 points of opponents per Hero with no Synergy. It sounded like a slaughter for the Heroes, but that could be due to the low difficulty. Do you think this was the case or do you think the Heroes over performed? If it was the case of over performance, do you think it was because of the healing or too much power from the wizard?
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

probably that the enemies were weak, I'll try a harder one next

Old October 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
With little to no synergy, 70 points per Hero seems like the right amount. If you play smart, you should make it out with everyone alive, but losing 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 4 Heroes by the end is pretty normal.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:08 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
With little to no synergy, 70 points per Hero seems like the right amount. If you play smart, you should make it out with everyone alive, but losing 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 4 Heroes by the end is pretty normal.
After I finish the C3G playtest, I'm going to play a game of Orc Archer, Mindflayer Psychic, Drow Arachnomancer, and Warforged Force Wizard. The Psychic due to his changes, and the rest because I don't believe anyone has given reports of them...and they look fun.

Plus I'm going to play a mixture of the defense and offense...The heroes fight their way to the fort in the center of the field, and then are beset by monsters....

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
After I finish the C3G playtest, I'm going to play a game of Orc Archer, Mindflayer Psychic, Drow Arachnomancer, and Warforged Force Wizard. The Psychic due to his changes, and the rest because I don't believe anyone has given reports of them...and they look fun.

Plus I'm going to play a mixture of the defense and offense...The heroes fight their way to the fort in the center of the field, and then are beset by monsters....
By the way the first game was defense the one Im about to do is Offense. its the same heroes against x2 ogre pulverizer proxies, tornak, x1 arrow gruts and x2 blade gruts. leveled the heroes up, they did not have enough experience but I wanted to give them more of a chance.

Old October 6th, 2010, 08:26 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

by the way, kaiyu, I think you're on a mission to break my printer.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions