Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 30th, 2019, 11:23 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Best To Worst Star Wars Movie By Ranking Individual Chapters

"Hello, there."

After almost a whole year, I have completed one of my most ambitious projects - breaking down every Star Wars movie chapter individually to rank each movie as a whole. I started this journey when I finally noticed that coming up with a Star Wars Movie Ranking list on my own was nearly impossible. I would find myself asking "does that movie really belong higher than that movie". Or "does that movie belong lower than that movie". I simply could not answer these questions without help, so "I went back to the only thing I was ever any good at": Math.

I broke down every chapter of every movie (including the Anthology films) by the amount of seconds in each chapter and then ranked them between 1 and 10. While still subjective, this objectively helped me to see how these movies stack up against each other (and even compliment each other). While some results were expected, others were "a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one."

The Phantom Menace did score the lowest, while A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back ranked along the top of the list. Star War Stories Rogue One and Solo found themselves back-to-back in the middle.

So without further ado, here are the full rankings (with percentages and links to the spreadsheets):

Spoiler Alert!

Revenge of the Sith topping the list surprised me the most. I, personally enjoyed Rogue One and Solo more so than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, although their percentages were closer than my feelings lead me to believe.

Overall, this was a really fun project for me. I stand by these ranks 100% for myself, and I look forward to The Rise of Skywalker coming out this winter and later on dvd so that I can complete the list (for then anyways). I want this to be a discussion starter, as I'm more than willing to explain how I ranked scenes, why, etc.

I would also encourage other Star Wars fans to do this on their own. You are more than welcome to copy my spreadsheets and erase my ranking numbers to insert your own.
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Best To Worst Star Wars Movie By Ranking Individual Chap

My list:

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Rogue One
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones
478. Phantom Menace

Didn't see Solo.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 30th, 2019, 11:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
478. Phantom Menace
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It was so, so, so boring.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 31st, 2019, 09:25 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think ranking the movies by scenes would completely change my ranking, since I put a big emphasis on the movie as a whole when I rank them. Here's my list:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Rogue One
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Force Awakens
7. The Phantom Menace
8. Solo
9. Attack of the Clones
10. The Last Jedi
Old May 31st, 2019, 09:42 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Last Jedi
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones
478a. Phantom Menace (Agreed with Bats, so, so boring)
478b. Solo (terrible movie that never felt once like a Star Wars movie)
Old May 31st, 2019, 10:27 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Movies are more than the sum of its parts. If you did by chapter Stanley Kubrick movie would be ranked near the worst movie ever and Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 would be ranked even lower as each scene by itself may be boring but adds up to masterpieces. I admire all the work to do scene by scene analysis, but that is a horrible metric. Anyway, my ranking:
  1. The Star Wars Holiday Special (not the best movie - the most entertaining movie - a Hilariocity as Chris Stuckmann calls it
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. Empire Strikes Back
  4. A New Hope
  5. Revenge of the Sith
  6. Rogue One
  7. Attack of the Clones
  8. The Force Awakens
  9. Phantom Menace
  10. Solo
  11. The Last Jedi (so against what movies are that Mark Hamill hates it
Old May 31st, 2019, 10:28 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
478. Phantom Menace
Funny thing is, I hated The Last Jedi so much (only Star Wars movie I've never bothered to watch a second time), I can ALMOST enjoy watching Phantom Menace.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 31st, 2019, 10:38 AM

Last Jedi was great. I loved the democratization of heroism over the overly tread heritage of heroism.

I should consider moving New Hope up in my list simply because of how well it exemplifies the Heroic Journey, though.

Old May 31st, 2019, 11:17 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Last Jedi was great. I loved the democratization of heroism over the overly tread heritage of heroism.

I should consider moving New Hope up in my list simply because of how well it exemplifies the Heroic Journey, though.
I have no problem with spreading the heroism around, but the story stunk.

Star Wars Episode IX: The Last Jedi: Take Two

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 31st, 2019, 11:25 AM

To each their own! I found it entertaining and thought provoking.

Old May 31st, 2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
To each their own! I found it entertaining and thought provoking.
Absolutely. You have the right to your opinion...

...no matter how wrong it is.

I'm hopeful that JJ Abrams will be able to take the Episode VIII lemon and make some fine Episode IX lemonade.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies