Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If it were an Explosive Special Attack (as originally pictured), it would've only been one attack of 3, unmodifiable, against Drake's defense of three, so it wouldn't automatically "destroy" Drake.
It just seems kinda cruel that a 240 point figure can get owned by a 110 point figure now, since Drake should have no problem getting into melee with Iron Man and unloading with those 6 attack against Iron Man's 7 shields. Iron Man's double attack of 4 will doubtlessly damage Drake's 3 defense quicker - and Drake having one more life won't help *that* much, but, still, Drake should be able to destroy more than his points worth of Iron Man before it's over.
Not that I think having that counter is such a bad thing, though. It's just another reason I could see for justifying a swap in costs for Iron Man and Captain America (who does have a nasty special to take on Drake with).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I initially thought this guy was a little bland but in gameplay he is the man. It's always smart to have order markers on him and scary when your opponent does. I'm beginning to see why he wasn't loaded with Ironman themed abilities. If he was, he could easily be a 300+ character.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Bats- Flying makes Ironman costly. Even if Drake can take him down 1 on 1, he is more effective than Drake.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No, I'm sure you're right. I think I'm just secretly disappointed that they took off an ability after the original card was leaked. I'm mostly just killing time in Theoryscape, though, because I haven't actually gotten my hands on a set of Marvelscape yet. :P

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 11th, 2007, 08:26 PM

AKflip has disabled reputation
Well my problem is that Iron Man is the "greatest" inventor in the Marvel Universe. Why is it that he can only do a double attack? I mean his suit alone has tons of gadgets built inside it. Or use a sonic device like he did in civil war rendering all adjacent figures useless or at least having to roll for wounds or something.
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:17 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ironman does seem powerful. But I also thought hes the most boring character in the set. Nothing special about him. He seems kinda risky for the points with only 4 life.

~Yub yub, Commander!

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old January 9th, 2008, 07:22 PM

thestaton has disabled reputation
I'm starting to find IronMan as one of my favorite Marvel characters to use and when powered with the Hulk it's a deadly combo.

However, after playing last night I had a question.

Is his double attack considered a special attack? Or is that just his normal attack?

In our game last night I had a gliph for +1 attack and always had height advantage so I was always rolling a +6 double attack and he was making quick work of everyone. So I got to thinking maybe he shouldn't get the +1 attack for height if the double attack is considered a special.

Thanks!

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.
Old January 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM

It's not a special attack unless it says "special attack" in the title. Double attack allows Iron Man to place two normal attacks with his normal attack value plus any boosters. You played it right and in that situation, he should be dominant, so good job!

Old January 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton
In our game last night I had a gliph for +1 attack and always had height advantage so I was always rolling a +6 double attack and he was making quick work of everyone. So I got to thinking maybe he shouldn't get the +1 attack for height if the double attack is considered a special.
It's an important part of the game that not every unit responds to every glyph or bonus in the same way. Due to multiple shots, Iron Man was powering up from the +2 attack more than most other heroes would. It's intentional that he should dominate in such a scenario.
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Having only just seen the prototype Iron Man card, I've got to say ... its the one I'll be using as soon as I get the Color Ink to print him out. It's not like he'll be able to use the actual Explosive all that often, what with MarvelScape being small, high-cost teams, but its existance makes me feel better about him.
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Warrior
Having only just seen the prototype Iron Man card, I've got to say ... its the one I'll be using as soon as I get the Color Ink to print him out. It's not like he'll be able to use the actual Explosive all that often, what with MarvelScape being small, high-cost teams, but its existance makes me feel better about him.
I've seen people mention prototype cards in several different places, but I've been unable to find any of the cards themselves by searching. Is there a dedicated thread anywhere to the prototype cards seen at cons / on packaging?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Old stuff like that can be hard to find, but I did manage to pick him up on a quick Google search:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's