Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old August 11th, 2022, 03:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Umm yeah. We had a bit of a shake-up. The link to the new one is in Bat's signature. This should work. (Discord)
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks T. I'm good to go on rhe new one.

I wanted to update my count again. I'm back to diligently painting more of my star wars legion shadow collective army. I fi ished up two more units of pike syndicate. Adding 16 more models to my count.

746 total this year

2877 total

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Back at it again, really wanting to get my star wars legion armies caught up again. Painted another 65 models.
32 more pikes
32 black sun
1 black sun hostage

811 total this year

2943 total

Last edited by TREX; August 27th, 2022 at 04:38 AM.
Old August 27th, 2022, 04:37 AM
"like" happy

Hitting the paint table hard with 33 new models to add.
8 more pikes finishing up all those for legion
8 swoop bikes for the merc faction of legion
8 taun taun riders for rebels. Painted up a new set with the speed paints, and liked those 2 so much that I completely repainted my other 6 done from years ago.
4 new wampa prints that are gorgeous. I based them for legion and plan to do some custom wandering monster rules for a monster hunt objective.
1 rebel trooper transport. This one will proxy for a rebel landspeeder, even though I already have enough landspeeders to max out a grand army build with. Just a fun file that came with some others as part of a patreon release. Lastly. I painted my 4 3d printed heroscape swog riders. I shared on Facebook, but figured out a killer , easy scheme for bang on grut Orc skin with army painter speed paint. 1 part prismatic out, and 1 part runic Grey. It's so good. I've gotta paint like 6 squads of heavy gruts since I sold all my originals years ago. I've had those 3d prints primed and ready up on the shelf for a year or two now. Kinda glad I waited. I was having issue getting an easy paint solution for them. I had one but it was somewhat complex in the colors of paint I mixed. I don't count stuff like terrain here, but, I've been blasting that stuff out like mad too this last few days. That's all for a couple days.

844 this year
2976 total

Ps. This isn't just my thread. If your slinging paint, and slaying the Grey, dominating the pile of shame, or just painting for a specific game. Share it. There's at least one fellow nerd that will eat it up and talk about it with you.

Old September 19th, 2022, 04:58 AM
"like" happy

I've been on a bit of a terrain bender lately. So not as many Minis. I should make a terrain thread as well and sometime soon I think I'll want to revisit or remake my painting, crafting threads for models and terrain. I spent 3.5 hours painting a statue of a Terran marine from starcraft that was probably 13 inches tall or so for my one brother for his birthday. For gaming, we have loved star wars legion, but the walking dead call to arms is been a hit lately as well. I painted 5 models I got in the mail yesterday for that including three hunters models and 2 zombies that came in with them. Since I haven't got all the models but picked up the cards for them in a few card packs, I've decided to take pictures of modern zombicide survivor Minis, and remake the cards in photoshop with the new model images of the proxies on them so we can easily use all the cards in walking dead call to arms. So 1 marine, 16 zombicide survivor Minis from the angry neighbor box and 5 walking dead Minis. So 22 new ones total.
866 this year
2998 total
Almost hitting that 3000 mark.

As far as terrain goes. Been making tons. I finished up about 6 big area terrain pieces of standard woods, then about 6 pieces of alien flora area terrain pieces, 2 prison cellblock buildings for the walking dead, 8 different new Sci fi buildings, then another 5 smaller area terrain stuff, one huge layout with data columns, then an entire huge forest for my dad's G Scale train. Literal loads of terrain. I still need to paint most of all of that. Lots of good stuff. Anybody out there painting or crafting, drop what you're doing here, it'd be fun to talk about.
Old September 19th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Ps. This isn't just my thread. If your slinging paint, and slaying the Grey, dominating the pile of shame, or just painting for a specific game. Share it. There's at least one fellow nerd that will eat it up and talk about it with you.
I've got a lot of painting coming up with all my 3d printed HS and my all-in Zombicide minis coming in, so I'll join in on the count! So far:

Protectors of Ullar x9

HS/VC Cowpoke posse x6

C3G Leatherface/Pinhead x2

Total so far this year: 17

It's been a long break, but I'm happy to be painting again, and I've got a lot more coming! I just bought those speedpaints you recommended, I'll hopefully be using those to blast through three squads of Mohicans soon

EDIT: Between my WH40k, D&D, HS repaints, and various boardgames, I ain't even gonna try to figure out what my full total is lol
Old September 20th, 2022, 01:51 AM
"like" happy

Nice @orgsbane , got you added. It wouldn't be too bad figuring out your previous models. It can't possibly be more than a chore than what I've got myself into. which zombicide models are you working on? I'm really close to completely finishing all the models I have for zombicide modern 1.0. I never backed those kickstarters so I don't have any of those exclusives but have most of all the other retail stuff. I only have the skinner zombies left from rue morgue and it's complete. Ive been gearing up to use a bunch of the zombicide survivor models as proxies for characters in all out war so I decided to go ahead and get the survivors all painted first. Which gets me to my next thing of adding 12 models from my rue morgue box to my count. I also just primed 87 more models of all the survivors from zombicide modern 2.0. I've also got loads of fantasy zombicide models to paint with more massive darkness. Also a ton of the Sci fi zombicide as well. I decided to sit out on the western one and the marvel ones though. I've got plenty to do. Current total 3010. 878 this year.

Speaking of leather face and pin head. I have a handful of fun stls for Jason, Freddy, leather face, and a handful others from a creator called colossal miniatures. I'll be printing those too soon enough.
Old September 20th, 2022, 07:28 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Nice @orgsbane , got you added. It wouldn't be too bad figuring out your previous models. It can't possibly be more than a chore than what I've got myself into. which zombicide models are you working on?
Don't quite have them yet, but the Dead West Zombicide should be arriving in a month or so. It'll be my first Zombicide. My brother recommended Zombicide 1.0 to me ages ago, and I happened to see the Kickstarter while on a Shadows of Brimstone streak, so I caved and went all in. I think it's around 300 minis total, so it's gonna be a huge time commitment, and part of the reason I just bought those speedpaints lol

Quote:
I'm really close to completely finishing all the models I have for zombicide modern 1.0. I never backed those kickstarters so I don't have any of those exclusives but have most of all the other retail stuff. I only have the skinner zombies left from rue morgue and it's complete. Ive been gearing up to use a bunch of the zombicide survivor models as proxies for characters in all out war so I decided to go ahead and get the survivors all painted first. Which gets me to my next thing of adding 12 models from my rue morgue box to my count. I also just primed 87 more models of all the survivors from zombicide modern 2.0. I've also got loads of fantasy zombicide models to paint with more massive darkness. Also a ton of the Sci fi zombicide as well. I decided to sit out on the western one and the marvel ones though. I've got plenty to do. Current total 3010. 878 this year.
To quote Beni, from the Mummy: "Your strength gives me strength"

Quote:
Speaking of leather face and pin head. I have a handful of fun stls for Jason, Freddy, leather face, and a handful others from a creator called colossal miniatures. I'll be printing those too soon enough.
Ooo, any chance I could commision you to print of a few extra? Finding sculpts for Jason, Freddy, and Meyers at a decent price has been murder, and it doesn't seem like the prices will get slashed anytime soon. sorry about the puns I blame Dysole
Old September 20th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Data is a good base for Myers.
Old September 20th, 2022, 01:01 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Data is a good base for Myers.
That does look like it'd be a pretty good match! I'll toss him in with my next batch of minis I buy fromCoolStuffInc. Just gotta wait for some "back in stock" emails

EDIT: Forgot their shipping was 99 cents, bought em lol
Old September 20th, 2022, 05:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Been hitting Cthulhu: Death May Die pretty hard lately. Have had a break in commissions so I can actually work on my stuff and its really nice, hah. I don't want to figure out a count of minis. I've tried to do a yearly count but I always lose track, hah.

If anyone is interested in pics, my Instagram link in my signature has 'em.
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:23 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Nice @orgsbane , got you added. It wouldn't be too bad figuring out your previous models. It can't possibly be more than a chore than what I've got myself into. which zombicide models are you working on?
Don't quite have them yet, but the Dead West Zombicide should be arriving in a month or so. It'll be my first Zombicide. My brother recommended Zombicide 1.0 to me ages ago, and I happened to see the Kickstarter while on a Shadows of Brimstone streak, so I caved and went all in. I think it's around 300 minis total, so it's gonna be a huge time commitment, and part of the reason I just bought those speedpaints lol

Quote:
I'm really close to completely finishing all the models I have for zombicide modern 1.0. I never backed those kickstarters so I don't have any of those exclusives but have most of all the other retail stuff. I only have the skinner zombies left from rue morgue and it's complete. Ive been gearing up to use a bunch of the zombicide survivor models as proxies for characters in all out war so I decided to go ahead and get the survivors all painted first. Which gets me to my next thing of adding 12 models from my rue morgue box to my count. I also just primed 87 more models of all the survivors from zombicide modern 2.0. I've also got loads of fantasy zombicide models to paint with more massive darkness. Also a ton of the Sci fi zombicide as well. I decided to sit out on the western one and the marvel ones though. I've got plenty to do. Current total 3010. 878 this year.
To quote Beni, from the Mummy: "Your strength gives me strength"

Quote:
Ooo, any chance I could commision you to print of a few extra? Finding sculpts for Jason, Freddy, and Meyers at a decent price has been murder, and it doesn't seem like the prices will get slashed anytime soon. sorry about the puns I blame Dysole
Best way to reach me for quick messaging or picture sharing is probably through facebook messenger. I've got files for all those and a few more that I'd be perfectly fine with sending you a copy of. They look great too. Ill be printing a handful of batches of models here soon and I'll throw them in there. Like I've said before, the website my brother sells heroscape models from is his, and due to some logistics on his end I've had to remove my stock off of his store. So I'd be be getting them to you from my house. Of course the quality will be just as good as any of the ones he has made, because I use quality resin and have some of the same machines he has. Without having a store I've also printed thousands of miniatures. Sadly, not a stretch, just facts. . Just look up Jared Trexler on Facebook Messenger. Itll have the 501st Clone Trooper Avatar and give me a message saying its Orgsbane and I'll respond way more quickly. I'll give you a good deal on the figures, but shipping is a joke lately. Either way, I got you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General