Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 17th, 2022, 12:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Helmaverse League International

BOUNCING BOY
DC

UNIQUE HERO
Metahuman
Legionnaire
Loyal
MEDIUM 4

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5
COST: 160

BALLISTIC RICOCHET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Bouncing Boy, you may move Bouncing Boy up to 4 spaces. Bouncing Boy can attack up to 3 times with Ballistic Ricochet Special Attack at any point during or after this move as long as Bouncing Boy is on a space where he could end his movement and the figure was not adjacent to Bouncing Boy at the start of this turn. Bouncing Boy cannot attack the same figure more than once on a single turn. Bouncing Boy attacks with one additional attack die for each subsequent attack.

BOUNCE
Instead of his normal move, Bouncing Boy may move up to 2 spaces with Bounce. When counting spaces for Bounce, Bouncing Boy may bounce over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and bounce over obstacles such as ruins. Bouncing Boy may not move up or down more than 30 levels in a single bounce. When Bouncing Boy starts to bounce, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Bouncing Boy may bounce two additional times.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Similar to what I did for the C3G BB but used Kumiko's Barrage Attack as the template for Ballistic Ricochet Special Attack to make it more like a Helmaverse power.

Last edited by A3n; September 17th, 2022 at 07:09 PM.
Old September 17th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. You have a fly reference in Bounce.
Old September 17th, 2022, 07:09 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. You have a fly reference in Bounce.
Thanx for the catch.
Old March 18th, 2023, 12:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Buddy, I think I owe you an apology for disappearing for so long. I cannot believe it has been a year since I posted. I guess the world is just spinning way faster than I'm comfortable with. Life is funny that way.

In that time, I've experienced some good times and some bad times and just didn't really have the time to jump on here. In fact, I barely even lurked with only occasional peeks at the site (like when the Heroscope 2.0 campaign was underway). Throw in the fact that my Mac is now 10 years old and it becomes a bear to do anything online (and I hate posting form my phone). I think I'm going to break down and purchase the new one this weekend... we shall see.

Looks like you were pretty serious about throwing out design ideas for HelmAverse cards. Again, I apologize for not commenting. In truth, I haven't really looked at them other than with a quick glance. I'll try and start diving in soon if you're still interested. If I remember, I'd like to explore fleshing out Avalanche first and I know Lil'Helm had ideas for Booster Gold that he was hoping to incorporate with yours in a sort of co-design. I'll share his hybrid design as soon as I get the time for him to demo it for me in a playtest.

Now I'm off to explore some other threads... but I'm coming back. I promise.
Old March 21st, 2023, 01:06 AM

@Matt Helm , nice to hear from you. I was serious about adding to the Helmaverse & was looking forward to our continued collaboration. I was clearing up my HS stuffs so I could get into testing / playing again. But I did run out of steam as my thoughts as always lead to my ideas being to big for what I can accomplish so I didn't get far.
Old March 21st, 2023, 06:38 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Always good to see you pop your head back in here, Mr. Helm. Looking forward to seeing what the Dynamic Duo has in store.
Old March 25th, 2023, 10:29 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey buddy, finally got Abra Kadabra into some playtesting. My fear was that I would never put an Order Marker on him but you know what, I really didn't have to much. Once he gets into a scrum a bit, his Smoke and Mirrors was very effective to not only frustrate the opponent but move Abra around the map. We did have one suggested change as it was more balanced and fun to have a clear sight requirement for Smoke and Mirrors to work. Both teams were navigating sight blockers with his power in mind and it really made him have an affect on the game.

So, what do you think of:

ABRA KADABRA

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ILLUSIONIST
EGOMANIACAL
MEDIUM 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

HYPNO-RAY 18
After an opponent's Unique Hero ends a turn within 4 clear sight spaces of Abra Kadabra roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the hero. At the end of that turn, control of the Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Hypno-Ray. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS
When Abra Kadabra or a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Abra Kadabra is attacked, you may choose that figure and roll the 20-sided die. Add 4 to the roll if the chosen figure is Abra Kadabra. If you roll 14 or higher, you may swap the chosen figure with another figure, other than the attacking figure, within 5 clear sight spaces of Abra Kadabra. The swapped figure must defend against the attack and take damage as normal instead of the chosen figure. The chosen figure and the swapped figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks when swapped using Smoke and Mirrors.
Old March 25th, 2023, 10:54 PM
Captain Underpants

As mentioned earlier, Lil'Helm had some Booster Gold ideas of his own so I hope you don't mind that we took a chance and squished them into your design. He'd be honored if you'd consider his collaborative take. I did playtest against him before posting him to make sure that he was viable.

BOOSTER GOLD
DC

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
SELF ABSORBED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 6
RANGE 4
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 4

COST 190

FOR THE GLORY
If Booster Gold wounds a Unique Hero figure with an attack value on its card that is more than the attack value on Booster Gold's card, he may take one additional turn.

SHIELD BELT
When Booster Gold rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Booster Gold’s movement, ignore elevations. Booster Gold may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Booster Gold starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; June 12th, 2023 at 11:29 PM.
Old March 26th, 2023, 03:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. I wish C3G allowed point mechanics like that.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:42 PM
Captain Underpants

You know me, it was not easy for Lil'Helm to convince me but I couldn't argue with his logic. We have powers that reference every other aspect of the card. Even "the attack value" on a card is referenced on the HelmAverse version of Robin. Therefore, why not refer to the Point value of a card? It made sense and adds a uniqueness to Booster Gold.

Thematically he would be one with the knowledge of future history and how powerful every other figure was documented to be. Therefore, his desire for glory would lead him to attack those he has assessed as more powerful than himself. I liked his thought process and let him try it out. Now it's up to A3n to see what he thinks.
Old March 28th, 2023, 07:24 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

With all due respect to Lil'Helm, I don't think that referring to an abstraction like point values to convey this kind of theme is something that official 'Scape would have ever done. The game had many opportunities to do so and never did; there are a number of powers that reflect the idea that some figures are more "important" than others, like Grimnak's Chomp, Zelrig's Majestic Fires and Galloping Charge on the Templar Cavalry. None of them use point value to make the distinction between greater and lesser characters; Heroscape makes that distinction using the Unique/Common and Hero/Squad system. If I were playing this Booster Gold, I would "get" the theme of For the Glory just fine if he got a bonus turn for wounding Unique Heroes, regardless of point cost.
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:07 PM

Love the changes to Abra & have updated the design. I will do up a card for him soon.

As for Booster Gold. I love the flavour of the power but not the implementation. I have to agree with @Sherman Davies . Cost is a game balance mechanic only & doesn't represent anything of the actual character.

As I said I do love the flavour of so don't give it up lets see if we can make something else work. As you said you have used the attack value before so why not use that again? Maybe something like:

Quote:
FOR THE GLORY
If Booster Gold wounds a Unique Hero figure with an attack value on its card that is more than Booster Gold's attack value, he may take one additional turn.
Thank you for the wording edit of Shield Belt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations