Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old August 19th, 2022, 03:40 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Re: FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Assume any official Scape product is preapproved.

~Dysole, extrapolating
Ok, that's what I was assuming. Thanks.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 19th, 2022, 09:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Assume any official Scape product is preapproved.

~Dysole, extrapolating
Ok, that's what I was assuming. Thanks.
You only have to paint them if you 3D printed them, so that the numbers on them stand out from the rest of the order marker. You don't have to paint them if they are official from Hasbro.
Old September 10th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Announcing ScapeCon III

Edit - stupid post by a guy that really wanted to make the sign-up
list

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Last edited by Hendal; January 11th, 2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old September 11th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
as a salesman you dropped the ball, Heroscape is being re-introduced ( as a friend your doing a great job, I hope I make the list this year ), scapecon has the change of being very very big, if you want it to be. I like most geeks have starting designing a few of my own games, but as a salesman I always said Conventions are where the $ is at( a few years down the line ), not that your doing it for them $, but I hope that will change, your sitting on a gold mine. My brother wants to go to GC, origns, and we thought scapecon next year, but I have a feeling it will just be the first 2 with the cap on people. I wondered if you had gotten a larger venue , again since They are re-launching HS officially. Hasbro use to give so much in prizes, if they do again, that alone I feel would draw a lot of more gamers to show up - all the cool stuff you guys have, now with butt loads of stuff from Hasbro. You will sell out for sure this year.

So the other thing to think about is --- GenCon. With the game coming back out we need a presence there again, if we really want the game to grow, and again I am guessing Hasbro will provide prizes, so have you guys started to think about that also?
I am guessing the same thing as before and now there will be 2 big HS tourneys in India. If so I volunteer to help set up the day before.
To clarify, I had posted this before HeroScape was announced to be coming back, and we had signed the hotel contract before I posted this. I have no connection with Avalon Hill or Hasbro, so we had no way of knowing HeroScape was being rebooted at the time we became legally financially responsible to the hotel we've been at these past two years (a hotel we've been very happy with).

Sign-ups open on Tuesday, September 13- aka 2 days from now. There are still 16 spots available at the time of this posting.

Assuming I'm understanding the profit part correctly: I have no interest in making a profit at this point. ScapeCon isn't cheap as it is, but I'm not willing to make other people pay more so that I can profit. It just isn't the reason I'm running it. I'm very happy to do the work, and I get help in pretty much every area.

I'd love to receive some prize support, but I haven't heard anything at this point. However, I can say that the prize support I'm providing will be at the same level as last year's, and that was the best prize support since GenCon 2012.

I have no information on GenCon HeroScape. No idea if they're running learn to plays, or scenarios, or events, or whatever. ScapeCon's been great, and I'll keep running it so long as people keep attending.

On a brighter note, all issues I could fix from last year have been fixed. We're already looking into how best to mitigate some new logistical issues that will occur next year, but I couldn't be more excited about ScapeCon III.

Last edited by OEAO; September 11th, 2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old September 11th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Third times a charm after all

Lady H and I are super stoked. Should be a good time…and all the better if AH and company can attend and/or provide prize support.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 11th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the heads up, I did not realize you did not know about it coming back - my bad. I will be signing up for sure, it has been to long since I got to scape all day long.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 12th, 2022, 09:33 AM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

I haven't been to the first or the second scape con but would I be able to sign of for the third?
Old September 12th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop2003 View Post
I haven't been to the first or the second scape con but would I be able to sign of for the third?
Sign-ups open for non-past attendees tomorrow.

From the OP:
Quote:
September 13: Open slots on the Going List and the Wait List are opened to all others
To sign-up tomorrow, you'd need to post (tomorrow, or later) on the other thread here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon