Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 30th, 2022, 03:38 PM

Bryyo Woo who?
The Book of Link & Zelda

I couldn't track down the exact source of these minis, but they're pretty easy to find on sites like Ebay and Etsy, generally doing a google image search for Link and Zelda miniatures will lead you to them. I bought mine from GallivanterMinis on Etsy. They're a great team against evil armies. I left some pics of my painted minis at the bottom for reference. I painted them back when I was just starting out, and I didn't know a lot of techniques or think to thin my paint, so sorry if they look a little shoddy.

Targeting Zone:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Link / Finn the Elven Adventurer figure from (Possibly RN Estudio; not confirmed).

NAME = LINK

SPECIES = HYLIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KNIGHT
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5
LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

BOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 2.
If Link's Bow Special Attack inflicts a wound, he may attack again with his Bow Special Attack. Link may continue attacking with his Bow Special Attack until he does not inflict a wound.

HEROIC COMPOSURE
When attacking a figure who has a fearsome, ferocious, menacing, merciless, terrifying or wild personality, or a figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, Link receives 1 additional attack die.

WIELDER OF THE MASTER SWORD
If Link has no wound markers on his Army Card, his Range value becomes 3.

HOOKSHOT GRAPPLE 4
Instead of his normal move, Link may use his Hookshot Grapple. Hookshot Grapple has move of 4, and the space or side of the space Link moves to must be in clear sight. When counting spaces for Hookshot Grapple, ignore elevations. Link may grapple over figures without becoming engaged, and grapple over obstacles such as ruins. Link may not grapple more than 30 levels up or down in a single Hookshot Grapple. When Link starts his Hookshot Grapple, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Targeting Zone:
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Zelda / Zalidra the Elven Princess figure from (Possibly RN Estudio; not confirmed).

NAME = ZELDA

SPECIES = HYLIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PRINCESS
PERSONALITY = MERCIFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5
LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 110

DIN'S FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 1.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Din's Fire Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Zelda cannot be affected by her own Din's Fire Special Attack.

PRECOGNITION
If Zelda is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-18, roll defense normally. If you roll 19-20, Zelda takes no damage.

PROTECTION FROM EVIL AURA
Any small or medium figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Zelda add 1 to their defense when rolling defense against an attack from a figure who has a fearsome, ferocious, menacing, merciless, terrifying or wild personality. Zelda can be affected by her own Protection From Evil Aura Special Ability.

SONG OF HEALING
After moving and before attacking, choose either Zelda (if she is wounded) or a wounded friendly hero figure adjacent to Zelda. Then roll the 20-sided die to remove wound markers

More pictures:

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 30th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Link & Zelda

I really like Wielder of the Master Sword. It effectively captures that aspect of the game.

Heroic Composure and Protection from Evil Aura are too "busy." I would just say Utgar or Valkrill figures.

Precognition should probably be easier to work; say 14 or better.

There are some minor wording changes I'd make to fit in with classic Heroscape wording, but otherwise very well done!

Old August 30th, 2022, 04:34 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I really like Wielder of the Master Sword. It effectively captures that aspect of the game.

Heroic Composure and Protection from Evil Aura are too "busy." I would just say Utgar or Valkrill figures.

Precognition should probably be easier to work; say 14 or better.

There are some minor wording changes I'd make to fit in with classic Heroscape wording, but otherwise very well done!
Agree with everything here.

Wielder of Master Sword should probably say something more like "While Link has no wounds, add 2 to his range" or something like that. Currently, I read it as "If Link has no wounds, his range permanently becomes 3 and stays 3 even after he takes a wound" because I don't see logic which reverses his range back to 1.
Old August 31st, 2022, 05:26 PM

Bryyo Woo who?

I originally made it just Utgar and Valkrill, but my thinking was, after looking at a bunch of non-Utgar, non-Valkrill villainous figures, it seemed fitting to base it on personality types. Open to making the change though. It's a lot of text. Lol

Maybe 15/16 or higher for Precognition? I tried to play it safe with that one.

Definitely gonna make that change to Link's Master Sword ability. Less wordy and more specific.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards