Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old April 9th, 2021, 10:16 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
ScapeCon: Other Games!

Please use this thread to discuss other games you're willing to bring or interested in playing at ScapeCon™! (If you do list games, doing so alphabetically and with BGG links will help me with the OP, thanks!)

I'll keep the OP updated with Game (Host): Interested Parties

That should make it easier for everyone to find games they want to play, as well as games that already have interest. Then everyone can just check the OP before ScapeCon™ to make sure they bring everything they need.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; July 27th, 2021 at 07:33 PM. Reason: thru #34
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:10 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: CoVCon: Other Games!

I definitely will be bringing some games by Craig Van Ness, Rob Daviau, and Colby Dauch. Battleball with @mrbistro Advanced Rules anyone? Fireball Island or Unmatched/Star Wars: Epic Duels (I have even mixed and matched)? Original or new version of Summoner Wars?
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: CoVCon: Other Games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I definitely will be bringing some games by Craig Van Ness, Rob Daviau, and Colby Dauch. Battleball with @mrbistro Advanced Rules anyone? Fireball Island or Unmatched/Star Wars: Epic Duels (I have even mixed and matched)? Original or new version of Summoner Wars?
I’d be interested in trying Fireball Island, Star Wars Epic Duels, and new SW!
Old April 9th, 2021, 03:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Handful

I have the following games.

7 Wonders
Azul
Kingdomino
Evolution
Imhotep
Smash Up
Tak

and I hope to have Sentient reacquired by the time this happens. If anyone is interested in any of these games, lemme know and I'll throw it in the GIANT suitcase.

~Dysole, collection hampered by getting most of her games stolen from her car last year (well and the car but that got reacquired so it was just the games that were lost)
Old April 10th, 2021, 12:29 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ScapeCon: Other Games!

Just a heads up

Teacher Matt & Mike Flak will not be playing HS half the time or more I am guessing, they will be playing other games, and I will missing some scape to game with them also. But if you have a favorite game you like that is hard to get to the table and your good with teaching it --- you got people willing to learn and play the next again, or later night if they like it.

The Big pitch board would be great to leave set up the whole time, I am thinking we are going to have a lot of room.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 10th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am guessing the ball room will be large enough to have extra table set up? If we get 40 people that is only 20 tables. If we can get a couple of table to keep quick games, dexterity games, and the giant pitch car game set up full time - that would be really awesome. Just dreaming of a big room, and how big it will be?

Old April 10th, 2021, 04:30 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I am guessing the ball room will be large enough to have extra table set up? If we get 40 people that is only 20 tables. If we can get a couple of table to keep quick games, dexterity games, and the giant pitch car game set up full time - that would be really awesome. Just dreaming of a big room, and how big it will be?
We're talking to a couple of different hotels. The hotel which has provided the most information has a 3200 sq ft ballroom which will be divided into two rooms 2200 sq ft for gaming and 1000 sq ft for dining. The dining area will have larger round tables which can be used in between meals for other games. I'm not certain how many tables we can get in the main ballroom. We're estimating 40 attendees which would allow for extra tables for games besides scape. Obviously, if the number of attendees increases, we will need more scape tables. And, if all attendees are vaccinated, we can have tables closer together.
Old April 10th, 2021, 04:32 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Just a heads up

Teacher Matt & Mike Flak will not be playing HS half the time or more I am guessing, they will be playing other games, and I will missing some scape to game with them also. But if you have a favorite game you like that is hard to get to the table and your good with teaching it --- you got people willing to learn and play the next again, or later night if they like it.

The Big pitch board would be great to leave set up the whole time, I am thinking we are going to have a lot of room.
How big of a table do you need for pitch?
Old April 10th, 2021, 09:05 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

@OEAO similarly for this thread I was thinking a list of offered games, their hosts, and who is interested in playing could be kept in the OP, to help facilitate making sure there's enough interest to bring something as well as organizing who's interested in what. Again, a one stop shop for everyone to check before ScapeCon, and let me know if it sounds good and you want me to take over the OP and keep the list running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Battleball with @mrbistro Advanced Rules anyone?
Fireball Island
Unmatched/Star Wars: Epic Duels
Original or new version of Summoner Wars?
Haven't played Battleball advanced rules, but would be open to trying.
Have played Fireball Island, open to another round.
Have played Unmatched, open to another round. Could bring another copy of Epic Duels for a larger, more epic game.
Have played Summoner Wars, would like to try the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
7 Wonders
Azul
Kingdomino
Evolution
Smash Up

~Dysole, collection hampered by getting most of her games stolen from her car last year (well and the car but that got reacquired so it was just the games that were lost)
Have played 7 Wonders, would play.
Have played Azul, would play.
Haven't played Kingdomino, would like to learn.
Have played Evolution, open to another round.
Have played Smash Up, open to another round (and have a spare Sheep faction if someone wants it).

(Also @Dysole check out my Other Game Haves and let me know if there's something that would help replace your lost collection.)

I'm throwing out there:
7 Wonders Duel/Clash of the Lightsabers/Mr. Jack Pocket/Onitama (for anyone looking for a 2-player showdown)
Codenames (with lots of players!)
Dominion (I have a curated "good cards" box ready to go)
Eldritch Horror (one of my faves)
Fauna (something different!)
Formula D (a season across several tracks to see which Team scores the most points!)
The Lady and the Tiger (super portable and options at different player counts)
Loopin' Chewie (to be combined with @Deroche 's sets for an epic tournament)
Marvel Champions (excellent superhero co-op, I could run some people through a campaign!)
Shift (super portable)
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...-card-kingdoms (fun fantasy engine builder)
Wits & Wagers (party game vibes)
Xia (space sandbox!)

Heroscape: Arena of the Valkyrie (WIP, hope to have enough "finalized" to play at ScapeCon)
Left 4 Scape Heroscape variant (WIP, will need to polish a few rules and make a few maps)

Also check my BGG list and let me know if something sounds interesting (and if it has expansions, chances are I have some/most/all).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 10th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Room for Pitchcar - it is not mine and if it is for up to 25 people I was thinking it will be a bigger board. But am really hoping to have extra tables for other games, and if we can keep some set up for everyone to use, just way cool.

Last edited by Hendal; April 10th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old April 10th, 2021, 09:42 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Quote:

How big of a table do you need for pitch?
If we want a large track, then a couple very large tables would be needed. If we're talking standard tables, then probably four is needed, set up in a square. Can't really know until I see the tables.

Old April 10th, 2021, 09:45 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anything can be built to accommodate whatever space we have, but here's the track I set up that last time I did this:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon