Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old April 9th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

I was thinking the same thing, why is this not Heroscape Con, but HAsbro, so then I was thinking
ScapeCon - Escape to Playing Games all Day

so Hasbro can not say that is for Heroscape, our registered game, So we can say Scape stands for Escape.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Of course it is. It was a stupid name. This is much better.
Lol, thanks!

I swear CoVCon is fine if you just say it out loud and don’t read it... which is what I was doing when I came up with it...
That depends on how you pronounce it, kid.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing CoVCon: July 29th-August 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
will there be a Costume Competition, I have finally found the right color of red body paint for my Taelord outfit?
I've been putting together a Sonlen Costume...hmmm

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Also, random thought. Can we please get @Craig Van Ness and his brother or other original designers to attend? Like, actively invite/"pressure" them to come haha. I think it'd be a friggin' awesome for the community and help the draw for people to attend.

I have his email and he's pretty responsive when I reach out, but maybe those who know him personally could convince him to attend? After all, it is kinda of a special Heroscape Con.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Also, random thought. Can we please get @Craig Van Ness and his brother or other original designers to attend? Like, actively invite/"pressure" them to come haha. I think it'd be a friggin' awesome for the community and help the draw for people to attend.

I have his email and he's pretty responsive when I reach out, but maybe those who know him personally could convince him to attend? After all, it is kinda of a special Heroscape Con.
I plan on reaching out to him and Colby once we have all the details nailed down! We should have everything all set within a week.
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

ScapeCon does sound better to me -- the "Cov" was just to close to COVID (at least for me).

Now to serious stuff - what types of HS games are we looking at. Of course there is always the traditional: General Wars, 4x400 (and variants 4x200, 4x300), assassin, heat of the battle, etc., but I've always like the slightly off center games.

four footed (all figures must walk on 4 or more legs - no bipeds allowed)
everyone hates Earth (no human figures)
war of the worlds (all figures in army from same planet)
big and tall (your army has to be all large/huge figures)

Maybe there is a reason they don't let me pick the events for GenCon?
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'd let you, Retlaw. Those sound great!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:51 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
ScapeCon does sound better to me -- the "Cov" was just to close to COVID (at least for me).

Now to serious stuff - what types of HS games are we looking at. Of course there is always the traditional: General Wars, 4x400 (and variants 4x200, 4x300), assassin, heat of the battle, etc., but I've always like the slightly off center games.

I'm meeting with my crew tomorrow to finalize the schedule! The hope is that there will always be one event per time slot that everyone will enjoy. We'll be debuting 2-3 entirely original formats that have never even been posted on Scapers, let alone used in a tourney before!

Last edited by OEAO; April 9th, 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old April 9th, 2021, 03:30 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

I'm meeting with my crew tomorrow to finalize the schedule! The hope is that there will always be one event per time slot that everyone will enjoy. We'll be debuting 2-3 entirely original formats that have never even been posted on Scapers, let alone used in a tourney before!
Will there be an old man tourney? The last one was a big hit!
Old April 9th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Will there be an old man tourney? The last one was a big hit!
Maybe™️.

We’ll talk about it today.
Old April 9th, 2021, 06:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I cote we call it CoV-ID Con! Who could misinterpret it for anything else by Casters of Valhalla Idyllic Con?

On a serious note I think at least one event should allow C3V/SoV units. Again with two events at one time, maybe only 1/2 the people will join but there is enough interest I think. I think a format like Take-2 or Cut-the-Cake would be good.

For Heat of the Battle, I like the rules introduced by @dok in online events (pick one of these):
Quote:
Heat of Battle rules:
  • After both armies are chosen, the players will take turns placing a card's worth of figures on the map.
  • Figures may not be placed on glyphs or adjacent to opponent's figures.
  • When placing squads, each squad figure placed that turn must be within three clear sight spaces of all other squad figures placed that turn.
Insanity of Battle rules:
  • If you choose to play an army that has more than 20 figures, you decide which figures will not be placed when choosing that army.
  • After both armies are chosen, the players will take turns placing a card's worth of figures (yours OR your opponent's) on the map.
  • You may not place figures on glyphs, adjacent to enemy figures, or on molten lava.
  • When placing squads, each squad figure placed that turn must be within three clear sight spaces of all other squad figures placed that turn.
Old April 9th, 2021, 08:55 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Only flying characters would be fun.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon