Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old April 8th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Announcing CoVCon: July 29th-August 1st

Can we have an old school tournament like all the ones we use to have when it was a living game -- Meaning we all have to bring a prize ( with a $20 idea of a gift, but if your young or poor anything goes, if your old and doing well bring what ever you can, and of course if your an artist bring some of your artwork ( thinking of custom HS stuff that people use to bring and was the most sought after prize, although at my tourneys hand blown glass was usually picked first, some weird dude always showed up with glass he buys in china and try's and pawns it off as his own ).

To me one of my favorite things was at the end when everyone under the top 4 or 5 winners, had a giant roll off with D20 to see who got the next prize.

GC is a model, but this the HS community Convention, we need to own this ****, well in my mind.

What about a potluck meal, or snack we plan ( thinking first day ) - if some us want to bring some of our favorite dishes that are premade or easy make on the spot it would feel like an old school tourney. People flying in may not be able to, but some of the locals, and those of us driving could be as simple as a box of stuff, or a cooler with a Tupper wear and ice ). If this sounds to weird, no worries, just wanted to throw that out there.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 8th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You are driving from Costa Rica?
Old April 8th, 2021, 03:16 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Posted on Reddit and BGG to spread the word:
/r/heroscape/comments/mmz24o/heroscape_official_gencon_alternative_covcon_july/
BGG /thread/2637028/
Feel free to repost there and post in Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Old April 8th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fly to Ohio, where I grew up, then drive over.

Add Mike Flak to the list ( he has never been to GC, but he did win the first ever Ohio Tourney held by Screaming Truth himself, you can see him pictured in one of the old Codex webzines standing by me, the 2nd placer. ), He has MS and walks with a cane, so GC was never an real option for him, but this is a perfect setting.

Old April 8th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Is there anyone interested in a

Star realms tourney?

I will have a couple of decks, it a great filler game if you get crushed quickly

Old April 8th, 2021, 03:48 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Is there anyone interested in a

Star realms tourney?

I will have a couple of decks, it a great filler game if you get crushed quickly
I am interested in Star Realms tourney. Orc won't play because there is an even chance I will beat him.
Old April 8th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Just a quick update:

We heard back from another hotel, and we have another 1-2 that are going to contact us soon. As such, we won’t be able to release details on pricing this Saturday, as we have the buying/negotiating power right now. We only have a fairly firm quote from one hotel, so we want to see what other hotels can do for us before committing. My dad’s working hard to get us the best deal he can.

That being said, it’s still my goal to release events on Saturday (along with a CoV episode talking through them and announcing the prize structure).

Last edited by OEAO; April 8th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old April 8th, 2021, 05:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I definitely will be bringing some games by Craig Van Ness, Rob Daviau, and Colby Dauch. Battleball with @mrbistro Advanced Rules anyone? Fireball Island or Unmatched/Star Wars: Epic Duels (I have even mixed and matched)? Original or new version of Summoner Wars?
Old April 9th, 2021, 09:33 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

will there be a Costume Competition, I have finally found the right color of red body paint for my Taelord outfit?

Old April 9th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

I’ve gotten enough feedback from independent parties that have said that CoVCon is too close to Covid. Thinking about it, wearing my CoVCon t-shirt around GenCon in the future would probably be a pretty bad look. As such, I’m changing the name to ScapeCon.
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Of course it is. It was a stupid name. This is much better.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 9th, 2021 at 11:43 AM. Reason: YW :)
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Of course it is. It was a stupid name. This is much better.
Lol, thanks!

I swear CoVCon is fine if you just say it out loud and don’t read it... which is what I was doing when I came up with it...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon