Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 31st, 2017, 12:17 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker
Utah v. Ohio Extravaganza

New year, new enemies! It occurred to me recently that Ohio and Utah are arguably the two most heavily concentrated Scape areas, with frequent tournaments on both ends. However, I’m sure the meta and community of each is slightly different, posing an interesting question.

How exactly do they differ? But really, who is better?

To those in either state (or even those who aren’t), I’d like some feedback on how we should go about doing this. I personally wouldn’t mind keeping track of online HS games played between the two groups and recording the results in this thread. It’s not a formally organized event, but I’m sure more could participate that way. Up to you guys though!

I’ll start tagging people below so we can get as much input as possible! Feel free to tag others!

@heroscaper2010 @flameslayer93 @TrollBrute @Viegon @Hendal @southwest ninja @hose @rudyvalentine @GUILD_WARRIOR
@Sir Heroscape @Leaf_It @The Dewk
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:39 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Utah v. Ohio Extravaganza

I would say I can speak on this, but when I moved from Utah to Ohio in 2008, the Utah group was about 4 fairly regular members who gathered about once a month for casual gaming. There was an annual NHSD tournament that did better, but that's about it.

I only went to one event for NHSD in Ohio in the two years I was there before moving to Arizona.

A few things that make them very different and possibly skew some of the perception: Ohio has almost 4 times the population in half the area, but Utah really has one major population center. Salt Lake and about 50 miles north and south has about a third of the state's population. That's where pretty much everything happens in the Heroscape world. Ohio has more big population centers, so there might be more Heroscape events on the whole, but any one area might have less.
Old December 31st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can easily say anyone from Ohio, Utah or Pennsylvania can wipe the floor with me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 31st, 2017, 02:37 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

Says the one who goes 5-0 with the Ashigaru!
Old December 31st, 2017, 02:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
Says the one who goes 5-0 with the Ashigaru!
It was a fluke.

Besides iirc, it was 4-1. I think I won 1st on points earned. I lost the match against an Asterios player.

Edit: Plus I’ve 0-5 lol

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 31st, 2017, 03:37 PM

You’re one of the greats @flameslayer93
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:27 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have not played online yet to be honest, but Ohio still has small tourney in a few locations, so that is nice, back when HS was alive, Ohio had a whole lot of tourneys, and they started drawing good size crowds, over 60 for NHSD, my 1st year for NHSD I had only 9 people - the smallest in OHIO to receive prizes from hasbro, the 2nd year I had 44 people and was 2nd in numbers to Dallas. I did not charge to enter ( but everyone brought a prize(s), and I gave out gold to the winner ). I could not hold them after that, time frame was off for me. how many people play online would you guess?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old December 31st, 2017, 05:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Between Idaho and Utah, we have about 50 people that we know of that are active/semi active and we get on average 16 people to our Utah Monthly tournaments.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 1st, 2018, 07:24 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Of the people that currently tend to host the Utah Monthly tournaments, we have @The Dewk who plans and hosts most of them , @BiggaBullfrog , @UtahScott , and I've hosted one. @Scaperedude also hosted some, but he has left for a mission, and won't be participating for the next 2 years. Some of Idaho comes down for a lot of our Monthlies, and some of us in turn go to the Idaho tournaments that they host each year. @Sir Heroscape usually hosts these.
Old January 1st, 2018, 10:47 AM

So what is everyone thinking for format? For the record, I’ve only played 1 online game and therefore am not too sure on how to set them up.
Old January 1st, 2018, 03:57 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I've played online tournaments before (but it's been several years), the pacing is completely different than in-person. Whoever's taking charge of this definitely should have played online before, and should review prior online tournaments, & ask for help from some of the "professionals" who have set them up in the past.

Online they used top-down views of each map, with each hex having a number designating its height. You move each piece via the mouse, but climbing is a bit of guesswork because you have to "math" it out. There's an online aid for activations, dice-rolling and initiative, so players can't fudge rolls, results are clear. Communication is aided via voice chat.

(Ideally, we would use [the french guy's] 3D servers to play on an actual board, but not all Heroes/squads are 3D-ified yet--even the commercial releases through Wave 13, let alone the custom stuff!--and using that is an extra layer of difficulty. I don't know that any dice/initiative/etc. is implemented there, so players would have to have even more windows open.)

When do people want to do this? Preparation is a lot of work...March?
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:20 AM

I agree @UtahScott . Somebody who leads online tournaments (or has a lot of experience with them) should take charge for maximum efficiency. If there are any volunteers, PM’ing me or leaving a reply here would be much appreciated!

As for everyone else, please leave a reply here if you plan to attend (if you haven’t already).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events