Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you attend a tournament in Leesville, LA?
Yes, I would try to attend 1 100.00%
I'm not sure, I might attend 0 0%
No, I can't attend 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17th, 2013, 02:37 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Leesville, Louisiana Tournament 2014: Gauging Interest

Hello all,

I've been on this site for a while, and you may have seen me post around a bit. I'm a very avid 'Scaper, and for the longest time there has never been a tournament in my state. I am currently discussing with people putting together a public 'Scape tournament as a fundraiser for a local church. Before setting an official date, time, and place, I am attempting to gauge the interest in this tournament from my immediate social circle, hometown, and the HeroScapers community.

So, who's interested? The tournament would most likely fall on a Saturday in January or February, in the afternoon. However, due to scheduling problems with our facilities, the tournament might be in the morning or later in the evening. How would this affect attendance? Please tell. Thanks!

-EW9

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Leesville, Louisiana Tournament 2014: Gauging Interest

A big question is whether or not to allow the VC: C3V and SoV. As the overriding goal is to have people attend, differing opinions on the VC make allowing the VC a potential problem. I personally like the VC and own a handful of them, and I find them very supportive to the original game while bringing interesting concepts to the table that go right along with classic units.
However...
I also have another reason for allowing VC:
Most players in my area typically play one of my armies for lack of their own collection, and the few who do have their own collections do not own very much beyond a master set and a handful of expansions. Expanding collections is a very tricky matter, as 'Scape is out of print and it is hard to find a good deal on the original units. The point of allowing and encouraging VC is to give players easy access to 'Scape units whose figures are still in print and available.

To my potential attendees (if any): What do you think?

Old December 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM

So I guess there wouldn't be any attendees from out of town... Oh well. I'll do an extensive learn-to-play session, as it seems there are a lot of people who would like to play but haven't been introduced to 'Scape. I'd better start printing out fliers...

Old January 12th, 2015, 04:30 PM

cdb8998 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Are you gonna host anything in 2015?
Old January 24th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb8998 View Post
Are you gonna host anything in 2015?
Absolutely! We already had our team tournament a few weeks ago; I intend to do a spring tournament in early March or late April. Typically there is a summer/fall tournament around August, though it's a bit far out to be sure. Keep your eyes open! I can shoot a PM whenever I post another tourney topic.

I try to have the topics posted a month or two in advance, but my schedule is highly tentative this spring; I can say there will most likely be a Spring Tournament.

I noticed the post on the South Louisiana thread - you'd bring a decent number of people, yes? Would you be able to supply maps/armies as well? While there's always enough, it's always a bit of a resource stretch for me (and I love to see what other people would bring anyway!)

Also, while many of the armies are composed of just classic units, C3V/SoV is always allowed at our tournaments. The Varkaanans have placed second before, and a Havech/Microcorps Trooper army won the Summer tournament.

Old January 24th, 2015, 08:24 PM

cdb8998 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Awesome. I'm kind of noobish so I don't have maps or indepth strategies but I do have my own units and tiles. Lol but I definintly want to be able to learn. And I would probably only be able to bring 1 maybe 2.
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb8998 View Post
Awesome. I'm kind of noobish so I don't have maps or indepth strategies but I do have my own units and tiles. Lol but I definintly want to be able to learn. And I would probably only be able to bring 1 maybe 2.
Well, out of curiosity, what does your collection consist of?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events