Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the best Heroscape set?
Rise of the Valkyrie 146 90.12%
Swarm of the Marro 11 6.79%
Battle for the Underdark 5 3.09%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:24 PM

Steiner has disabled reputation
Re: What is the Best Heroscape Set?

Wow

Have not posted for a while.
RotV get my vote great tiles, a dragon and pseudo castle pieces.

Regards

Steiner

Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but everyone puts in their two cents?
Old November 30th, 2010, 10:45 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

RotV for its wide variety of figs and terrain

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:34 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

RotV without a doubt. The other ones aren't even in the same ballpark. The amount of terrain, the variety of figs, there's no comparison. In my humble opinion, the move away from RotV was the biggest contributing factor in Hasbro/ WotC's decision to stop production of the game. People didn't buy nearly as many SotM sets as the original. RotV had endless hours and possibilities of play.

To answer again though, Rise of the Valkyrie is (and always will be) the best.

~legoboy (feeling a little impassioned tonight)
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:53 AM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker

Underdark, It was small and easy to understand when I was new to the game. I have also used it as an intro for other newbies.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

94% for RotV. Seems pretty decisive to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I remember when I only had 1 RotV set 5 years ago, and I would try to make a map that required more terrain than I had. It would have been much worse if one of the other sets came first. Oh, the terrain! All that wonderful terrain! 30 great figures, and the units are still relevant. Who isn't going to have problems hitting the Krav Maga Agents on height, backed by Raelin? And to think they could also be boosted by Thorgrim and Finn. SotM is a nice set that gave us a nice overarching theme (everyone vs Utgar/Marro), but I look at it like a terrain expansion as much as I do BftU.

And still no love for Marvel.
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

RotV of course is the classic because everything was so new and unique, there was so much terrain, and it just blew my mind. I really like both of the other sets though because you can buy multiples and still use most of the units because of commons. I guess maybe you would vote on whichever one got you into the game.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

RotV by far was best for gameplay starter. Then BftU. Not sure why.
SotM was good,but I just didn't like all the Marro and still don't. I rarely even use my 2 SotM sets.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

ROTV is probably going to be the favorite for most, just because it has more terrain, more figures, and was the first set ever made. (for us cool people who have been playing it since it came out )

However, I really like the new Raelin and Sgt. Drake in the SOTM. Especially Drake. One of my favorite heroes, still, to this day.

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

RotV. Besides being 1 million different games on its own, it still holds some of the most famous and infamous figures of all of the different master sets. They don't say that Raelin 1.0 is one of the best of all figures for nothing, and nobody will dispute the power of the Krav. DW9K has an entire roll named after him and Ne-Gok-Sa didn't become better at defending than with his power for just nothing. I still hear about the best price of the MW's here at home every now and then, and I often hear the Zettians should be altered. Drake didn't get a remake in SotM because he was boring as all heck thematically. The units from master sets in other games may become obsolete. But in HeroScape, those figures in the very first set are never obsolete. Heck, when you want to try something different for 50 points, you can even pick the heavy hitting Tarns should your team be too heavily dependent on range.

And we haven't even gotten to the terrain! Or how about those scenarios? The original glyphs? How about the Blade Grut teaser? All of this truly made the first set the best one(and perhaps all you would need to have the Greatest Battle of All Time).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Ninja Dust

I chose Rov because its the biggest of all the master sets and because it has the Airborne Elite and Finn.
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

SotM.
That set gave us Tor-Kul-Na.
FBD88

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion