Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 6th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I haven't done any updates on mine for a while b/c I want to wait until things are a bit more finalized before I do so. So for me, anyway, your best bet is to just check my thread.
That said, the customs section here isn't exactly huge, so get off your lazy bums, and contribute to the threads that are here, I'm confident that I can speak for all of the custom makers here in saying that the main reason we post here is for valued feedback. So, we provide customs, you've gotta do your part too. Get cracking gents.
And once I'm feeling really, really good about the cards I have up, I'll go in and do some Mod magic to update all of my links in that thread.

edit: just for you guys, I've put the ten figures in my Legend of the Dark Knight Master Set all in that thread.
Oh, and since I can edit the first message as well as Doc, if you see any glaring omissions, feel free to bother me with a pm, and I'll see what I can do. Bear in mind, though, participation in that thread is purely voluntary on a customizer by customizer basis. Some custom makers might not wish to have their customs linked their until after they get through a few rounds of initial feedback. I know from experience that having guys like Eclipse and Allskulls pop into your thread can really change the look of your customs! :P

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Back on topic: maybe the contest operator should be responsible to provide one or more unit pictures and the card blank as well. Get things started early without needing a big gallery of resources on hand.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
There are plenty of card blanks available on this website, and in this section, in fact.
If we did do a speed customs contest, I presume that pictures of the figures would be provided, yes, as they are in the customs and video game customs threads in the other customs section.
That said, not sure if a speed customs contest is going to take off here or not. But we *do* have something in the works (not contest like, more along the lines of the Barracks - wait a bit and you'll see what I'm talking about).
That said, anyone who wants to undertake such a project has my support - I'm just not sure if it's something I'm all that interested in actively participating in at this point (and yes, I realize I'm the one who brought it up. ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
I like the idea of a speed contest where the winner's card gets into the 'Hall of Heroes'. If you use judges to decide who wins....

Even if you go with the regular speed contest poll, I think there should be a panel of judges as a back up in case of ties. Only one card can make it into the Hall, right?

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
I like the idea of a speed contest where the winner's card gets into the 'Hall of Heroes'. If you use judges to decide who wins....

Even if you go with the regular speed contest poll, I think there should be a panel of judges as a back up in case of ties. Only one card can make it into the Hall, right?
Should a Hall really be graded on the curve? Maybe the winning entry just isn't good enough.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:32 AM

I agree that any "Hall" type thing shouldn't come from a contest. We've got something else in the works, though, as I said.

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
How about we combine the two. First, IAmBatman (I would guess you would be running it) makes a thread with the hero that is going to be added in, and then everyone who is interested has an amount of time to enter, and after that the entries are posted.

No poll is posted, and then everyone can PM you which one (or perhaps multiple) they nominate to go in the Hall. They can not nominate their own, if they've entered, and any that have not been nominated are eliminated from consideration. Of the ones that are left, the panel of judges decide which they like best to go into the Hall.

Old July 10th, 2007, 05:07 AM

Allskulls came to me with the idea for the Tried and True (see announcement at the top of this section) and that's the way we're going to go with it. I welcome you all to join in.
You are, of course, all welcome to pursue your own projects, but I like this one, and it's the one I'm going to endorse and work on.

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Embraces the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Allskulls came to me with the idea for the Tried and True (see announcement at the top of this section) and that's the way we're going to go with it. I welcome you all to join in.
You are, of course, all welcome to pursue your own projects, but I like this one, and it's the one I'm going to endorse and work on.
If someone will actually volunteer to take the time to playtest my customs, I'd say I give it a big %&*$!ing endorsement too.
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
If someone will actually volunteer to take the time to playtest my customs, I'd say I give it a big %&*$!ing endorsement too.
Me too - but keep in mind it's a "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" type of deal. This project will only work if we get a lot of people on board for the different aspects of it - which means a willingness to playtest other people's customs is going to increase their willingness to playtest yours. Simply put, the more you contribute to the process, the more of your customs the group is going to be willing to look at. Let's all take this discussion to the announcement thread at the top of this section (or in my sig) though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations