Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 29th, 2019, 09:25 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

This all makes a lot of sense! I’m sold on the partial scoring method for this format! Mainly out of fear of the Dewks Dead Eye snipes!
Old May 29th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
I very much think we should keep it this way. Otherwise I'm sticking my Deadeye Dan in the corner and popping mortally wounded heroes with my Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA :P
Why Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA when you just roll 20's with Sharpshooter anyway? I remember stories about a certain Dragon and Avenger from the last FFA monthly.

Good points all around, guys. Thanks for the discussion! We'll go with the precedent set last time and go with partial points for heroes. I'm glad it was brought up, because I hadn't given it a second thought. (I'm just the kind of player who loves the tension that comes from full points.)

And yeah, games going to time is just never a good thing no matter how you slice it, and I've been on both sides of it. The only good way to address it is to just not do it in the first place.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:04 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
I very much think we should keep it this way. Otherwise I'm sticking my Deadeye Dan in the corner and popping mortally wounded heroes with my Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA :P
Why Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA when you just roll 20's with Sharpshooter anyway? I remember stories about a certain Dragon and Avenger from the last FFA monthly.
Ullar Enhanced for gravely wounded heroes, Sharpshooter for healthy bois

(Heheh I don't remember the Dragon, but sharpshooting Iron Man was sooo satisfying. For me. Not for @Scaperedude .)
Old May 29th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
This made sense to me, and still does. It's fair from a different point of view (if that makes sense) and adds another dimension to army construction/consideration. So I think we should keep it this way, despite the occasional "Man, I very well may have won that if we had played it out!" frustration.

And y'all are slowpokes I believe I've only gone to time a single game at these monthlies, and it was against 40 Blade Gruts (and Nerak).
That does make sense overall. Thanks for the explanation. And playing against 40 Blade Gruts sounds exhausting.

Quote:
Oh, and I would recommend not playing healing units or regenerative units in this format - you're giving your opponents more opportunities to get more points! We had a fellow playing Kurrok and Elementals last time, and I loved when he would successfully roll to regenerate them heheh
Amen.

Quote:

And yeah, games going to time is just never a good thing no matter how you slice it, and I've been on both sides of it. The only good way to address it is to just not do it in the first place.
I blame @antmarchingroves . My grandma plays faster than him! Wait a second.... we have the same grandma....

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 30th, 2019, 11:15 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Location Announcement Time!

Turns out Game Haven Sandy will have space reserved for us on the 29th since we're regulars, so no need to prepare for a different location! It's super awesome of them to be so giving to our group!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Question about partial points on heroes, are you guys dividing their points by number of wounds? The idea of this monthly doesnt sound highly competitive but seems like it would be fun. Im used to being ganged up on by my brothers in 3 player matches so Im no stranger to the format. Ill have to see about making it down for this one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 30th, 2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Question about partial points on heroes, are you guys dividing their points by number of wounds? The idea of this monthly doesnt sound highly competitive but seems like it would be fun. Im used to being ganged up on by my brothers in 3 player matches so Im no stranger to the format. Ill have to see about making it down for this one.
Yup, it will be by number of wounds. I'm excited for the format too as I've done a lot of 3-player games recently and I've really come to like the added dynamics that free-for-alls provide, in contrast to normal 1v1s.

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 30th, 2019, 05:07 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
This made sense to me, and still does. It's fair from a different point of view (if that makes sense) and adds another dimension to army construction/consideration. So I think we should keep it this way, despite the occasional "Man, I very well may have won that if we had played it out!" frustration.

And y'all are slowpokes I believe I've only gone to time a single game at these monthlies, and it was against 40 Blade Gruts (and Nerak).
That does make sense overall. Thanks for the explanation. And playing against 40 Blade Gruts sounds exhausting.

Quote:
Oh, and I would recommend not playing healing units or regenerative units in this format - you're giving your opponents more opportunities to get more points! We had a fellow playing Kurrok and Elementals last time, and I loved when he would successfully roll to regenerate them heheh
Amen.

Quote:

I blame @antmarchingroves . My grandma plays faster than him! Wait a second.... we have the same grandma....
I distinctly remember walking over to the Philadelphian, ordering a philly cheesesteak sandwich, bringing it back with me, all before you finished one of your turns.

Antmarchingroves'
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:28 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Yay! The site is back up!

And I will be at the June monthly
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:53 AM

Woohoo! Welcome back all! It's been a long 10 days.

Thanks for the RSVP @The Dewk ! Let's start getting some more as people check back in! I'm running off to work right now, but will be able to post more once I get back this evening.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 17th, 2019, 04:39 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yay! The site is back up!

And I will be at the June monthly
I just had a week-long nightmare--no HeroScapers.com. It was awful...

RSVP-ing UtahScott +1 for June monthly.
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Woohoo! Welcome back all! It's been a long 10 days.

Thanks for the RSVP @The Dewk ! Let's start getting some more as people check back in! I'm running off to work right now, but will be able to post more once I get back this evening.
It sure has been long!

I should be there this month too. I can bring a map (maybe two).

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events