Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 29th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Questions:
If I were to mind shackle an enemy figure, it would then become my own. Do I receive points for the mind shackle? Or does the person who slays the new addition to my army receive the points?

Also, if I have the Hive and begin spawning new Marro squadies. Does that mean I am simply providing more opportunity for points for my opponents? Or when they are reborn, do they negate the points that were previously scored?
Great questions! As a rule, to keep all my calls neutral, I'm always defaulting to points gained being "enemy figures killed," which I'll add expressly to the OP. So for your questions:

Mindshackle: No points for the mind shackle, it goes to who kills it. It does give you more opportunity to kill more points, though.
Hive Rebirth (and other resurrection powers, like Zombies, Marro Warriors, Kurrok with Elementals, etc.): You don't negate any points previously scored, and will need to keep track of how much other people killed. So yes, that does provide more opportunity for points for your opponents, but also provides more opportunity for you to kill more points with the figures you brought back, so it's a double-edged sword.

And one more that might come up: Killing your own figures (through friendly fire explosions, Stinger Drain, Wolves of Badru special attack, just killing your own guys because no one kills your figures but you, etc.): No points. You only get points based off of enemy figures you kill, and if one of yours die to one of your own attacks or powers, the points just go nowhere.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:48 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Format: Multiplayer Free-For-All!!
...You will not win by completely routing your opponents' armies, but by destroying the most enemy units/scoring the most points. Partial card scoring will be used to determine this, so keep track as you battle!
Refresh my memory for hero cards: they only count for points if they're dead, not mostly dead, right?
Old May 29th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
...You will not win by completely routing your opponents' armies, but by destroying the most enemy units/scoring the most points. Partial card scoring will be used to determine this, so keep track as you battle!
Refresh my memory for hero cards: they only count for points if they're dead, not mostly dead, right?
Last time we played, you scored points for putting wounds on heroes. For example - Agent Carr has 4 lives and he's worth 100 points. So each wound on him is worth 25 points.

EDIT: insert Princess Bride meme here.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 29th, 2019, 06:31 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Last time we played, you scored points for putting wounds on heroes. For example - Agent Carr has 4 lives and he's worth 100 points. So each wound on him is worth 25 points.

Oh wow! That changes my strategy a bit... will this be the rule this time around?
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh wow! That changes my strategy a bit... will this be the rule this time around?
I missed it the first time around, but if it worked well that time I'm down with doing it that way again. Just to double check with those who were there, @Flash_19 @The Dewk @antmarchingroves @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Scaperedude (oh, wait )how did you like partial heroes in contrast to how full hero points would go? I could see it being beneficial.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:19 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I missed it the first time around, but if it worked well that time I'm down with doing it that way again. Just to double check with those who were there, @Flash_19 @The Dewk @antmarchingroves @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Scaperedude (oh, wait )how did you like partial heroes in contrast to how full hero points would go? I could see it being beneficial.
I liked it that way. It felt much more fair. That way, you eliminate the possibility of one player putting 8 wounds on Charos, only to have a different player put the final wound on and earn all 210 points for minimal effort compared to the other player. I know I would be bitter if I'd gone to all the effort to take Charos down, just to have another player waltz in and take the points.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 29th, 2019, 07:31 PM

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

my two cents says that there are pros and cons to both.

Truthfully, there are many heroes who’s sole purpose is to get all buggered up but not go down. I don’t think giving the opponents points for a hit on a hero is as rewarding as completely destroying the figure.

In addition, I think rewarding the points to the player who slays the hero adds a certain level of strategy to the match that otherwise wouldn’t be there. You want to be the one that slays Jotun for the huge payout. However, you DON’T want to be the guy who knocks him down to only one life.

I think receiving points for solely destroying the opponent’s hero would be the most exciting. However, I am super open for ideas and counterpoints to this game format! I just love to ‘Scape and will be pleased either way!
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
my two cents says that there are pros and cons to both.

Truthfully, there are many heroes who’s sole purpose is to get all buggered up but not go down. I don’t think giving the opponents points for a hit on a hero is as rewarding as completely destroying the figure.

In addition, I think rewarding the points to the player who slays the hero adds a certain level of strategy to the match that otherwise wouldn’t be there. You want to be the one that slays Jotun for the huge payout. However, you DON’T want to be the guy who knocks him down to only one life.

I think receiving points for solely destroying the opponent’s hero would be the most exciting. However, I am super open for ideas and counterpoints to this game format! I just love to ‘Scape and will be pleased either way!
I will freely admit my bias here. Probably the game that has shaped my attitude on this issue the most was a 1v1 game in one of our tournaments. My opponent (my cousin - @antmarchingroves ) was running Tor-Kul-Na. When time was called, our points were even at the end of the round - so we entered sudden death and I lost because he won initiative and killed one of my nagrubs. For our armies, he had just Tor-Kul-Na left and he Had four wounds on him, and I had a full life Kon-Tar-Na, and a combination of a few warriors of Ashra and nagrubs left.

I believe strongly that credit should be given where credit is due. It took a lot of effort to get those four wounds on Tor-Kul-Na - I essentially had to kill him twice because of the nagrubs, but I still lost because even though I was so close to killing him, he still had a life or two left. Maybe I'm too competitive, but I've anyways felt that counting wounds on heroes was the most fair.

Old May 29th, 2019, 08:34 PM

I believe strongly that credit should be given where credit is due. It took a lot of effort to get those four wounds on Tor-Kul-Na - I essentially had to kill him twice because of the nagrubs, but I still lost because even though I was so close to killing him, he still had a life or two left. Maybe I'm too competitive, but I've anyways felt that counting wounds on heroes was the most fair.[/QUOTE]

Noted. That’s crazy frustrating!
How would split points be awarded to a person hitting tor kul na who has healed himself 3 times with nagrubs? Is he then worth 328 points essentially?
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I believe strongly that credit should be given where credit is due. It took a lot of effort to get those four wounds on Tor-Kul-Na - I essentially had to kill him twice because of the nagrubs, but I still lost because even though I was so close to killing him, he still had a life or two left. Maybe I'm too competitive, but I've anyways felt that counting wounds on heroes was the most fair.
Noted. That’s crazy frustrating!
How would split points be awarded to a person hitting tor kul na who has healed himself 3 times with nagrubs? Is he then worth 328 points essentially?
Lol. Yeah - I'm probably just too competitive. So, it was just for each wound you create, you score points. Healing can actually be a disadvantage with how we played last time because then opponents have opportunities to earn more points by putting more wounds on your heroes... So, yes a hero could potentially increase in point value in a sense.

If it wasn't obvious (I didn't make it very clear), the game I referenced before wasn't played using this same format.

Old May 29th, 2019, 09:05 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

For last Multiplayer Madness, we did partial point scoring on the heroes, for the exact reason @Flash_19 noted - "you eliminate the possibility of one player putting 8 wounds on Charos, only to have a different player put the final wound on and earn all 210 points for minimal effort compared to the other player. I know I would be bitter if I'd gone to all the effort to take Charos down, just to have another player waltz in and take the points."

I very much think we should keep it this way. Otherwise I'm sticking my Deadeye Dan in the corner and popping mortally wounded heroes with my Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA :P

As for NON partial-card scoring for heroes at regular tournaments, the reason we do this is:
Wanting to make the perfect event and jumpstart the community, I consulted with a bunch of veterans on the site, and they explained to me that it is typically done this way to encourage people to play heroes (putting the hero back in HEROscape) and to further expand on the strategy that goes into the game before the first initiative dice is even being rolled - ie effective army building. When putting together a competent army, one considers board control (gotta lock those glyphs down and have multiple avenues of attack!), special attacks (screw you rats and mezzos!), susceptibility to ranged armies (can never go wrong with the krav!), etc. One more thing to add to the list is "if I go to time, do I have the advantage when it comes to winning on points? Hmm... I'm playing pure squads, so that's not the best if I go to time. I better pack a decent hero! Spider-Man, get in here!"

This made sense to me, and still does. It's fair from a different point of view (if that makes sense) and adds another dimension to army construction/consideration. So I think we should keep it this way, despite the occasional "Man, I very well may have won that if we had played it out!" frustration.

And y'all are slowpokes I believe I've only gone to time a single game at these monthlies, and it was against 40 Blade Gruts (and Nerak).
Old May 29th, 2019, 09:07 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, and I would recommend not playing healing units or regenerative units in this format - you're giving your opponents more opportunities to get more points! We had a fellow playing Kurrok and Elementals last time, and I loved when he would successfully roll to regenerate them heheh

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events