Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 24th, 2019, 10:14 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
Hey @The Dewk , would by dad be able to borrow the Varja for tomorrow?
I’ve got The Varja for ya, but don’t have your ‘trons, sorry!
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

@Starling_ I fortunately have some Gladiatrons with me you can use!

I got another request from the Logan boys for Alistair MacDirk and Knights of Weston x3, if those are available at all.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:32 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I got another request from the Logan boys for Alistair MacDirk and Knights of Weston x3, if those are available at all.
Got ‘em..!
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:37 AM

Sorry, @Dat_One_Boi but I don’t have any of your requested units available!

Last edited by The Dewk; May 25th, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old May 25th, 2019, 09:56 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks so much @The Dewk !! A couple of the Logan peeps have Dat_One_Boi and his crew covered.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 25th, 2019, 09:02 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

NOTE FOR JUNE: June 29 is a nationwide open house for the Magic 2020 Core Set.

The June event either needs to be scheduled a week early (June 22), or the 29th, but at a non-game store location.

P.S. Just talked with Bob, the owner of Hastur Hobbies in Midvale (State Street, south of I-15/215 interchange).

They're also fine with holding large events at their store, just need to schedule around large Magic/Pokemon event weekends, is all.

Thanks for the tournament, everybody! It's nice to show up again...

P.S. @Sir Heroscape , @The Dewk , Here's the download link for Hextr1p's Partial Cover rules page. I was mentioning to @BiggaBullfrog I'd like to try this for some monthly event...

Last edited by UtahScott; May 26th, 2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:17 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To the anonymous donor,

I don't know if you'll see this post, but regardless, I wanted to post it and thank you so much for your generosity. That was incredibly kind of you to donate so much heroscape stuff to our Utah community!

The booster pack that I ended up winning caught my eye from the start, and I was really hoping to win it the whole time we were playing. I've wanted these figures for a long time, but they have always been so expensive.

It's inspiring to me that someone would willingly give up so many packs worth so much money. I'll always remember that when I play with these figures. Thank you again for your kindness.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM

Yes, a huuuuuge thank you to our anonymous donor!! This month's prize table was literally the best one I have ever seen, including the couple events I was able to attend back when the game was still in print. I wish I had the foresight to have my camera out when people were reacting to the sight of it, especially our group of 10-14 year-olds who had never seen so much sealed product in one place!! Thank you so much for your kind generosity!!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; May 26th, 2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:13 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Get excited for tomorrow ya'll!!! 2 full boxes of unopened boosters and MORE ready for the prize table tomorrow!

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:43 PM

I think @The Dewk said it best: "31 players and 17 pieces of sealed product on the prize table!? One would think the May Utah Monthly was pre-2010!"

Thanks everyone who showed up! We had a few last-minute cancellations so weren't quite able to beat our previous record (35), but I don't think anyone can complain about 31 players in one place! It was a great time, and a great new format! Big thanks to @Leaf_It there!! As well as another huge thanks to our donor!!

Results have been posted here. And check out next month's format, Multiplayer Free-For-Alls!! To be posted below as soon as I double check and make sure I don't have any huge goofs in the post.

Also, pictures from last Saturday (courtesy of @The Dewk and @Sir Heroscape ):
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:56 PM

UTAH MONTHLY JUNE 2019

When: June 29th, 11 AM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Multiplayer Free-For-All!!
Political intrigue! Temporary alliances! Strategic finesse! It’s time that we use the maps from the recent ARV Triple-Play Frenzy contest and bringing back the multiplayer format used in November 2017 (taken from the Maryland 2017 NHSD) for a whole new round of multiplayer madness!
You will not win by completely routing your opponents' armies, but by destroying the most enemy units/scoring the most points. Partial card scoring will be used to determine this, so keep track as you battle! Unless the number of attendees is perfectly divisible by 3, we'll be playing both 4 and 3 player games. At a 3 player table points for final standings/placings are 4, 2, 0; at a 4 player table it's 4, 2, 1, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score (in the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead)!
**Note: Partial scoring will be used for both heroes and squads, meaning you get points for each wound you inflict on a hero and each squad member you kill. Also, you only get points for enemy figures you kill. If your Stinger kills itself, no one gets any points from it.
  • 340 Point Armies
  • 12 Figure Limit (extra tiles will be provided if needed)
  • Winner is determined by points destroyed, so keep track of what you kill
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel allowed
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Four 50-minute Rounds

Raffle: Gotta Catch ‘Em All That’s right, we’ve still got more to catch! If you have at least one unit from the Gotta Catch ‘Em All List in your army, you’ll be entered into a raffle for an extra prize!!
Gotta Catch ‘Em All List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, etc. for all attendees.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 1st, 2019 at 02:10 AM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:04 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Questions:
If I were to mind shackle an enemy figure, it would then become my own. Do I receive points for the mind shackle? Or does the person who slays the new addition to my army receive the points?

Also, if I have the Hive and begin spawning new Marro squadies. Does that mean I am simply providing more opportunity for points for my opponents? Or when they are reborn, do they negate the points that were previously scored?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events