Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:04 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Does one person bring all the random glyphs, usually? Or would I be assigned some to randomize amongst my built maps?
That was actually my next question for the peoples here. I usually provide all the glyphs but don't have 20 maps' worth of glyphs. So if someone else can bring a bunch of glyphs from the pool in the OP as well, that would be great. ( @Leaf_It , @Sir Heroscape , @UtahScott being the most likely.) Or if someone has 20 maps' worth of glyphs and doesn't mind providing for all of them we can do that -- it makes it easier making sure all the glyphs get to the right spot when there is only one or two people providing them.
I've got x6 all official glyphs, if necessary. I could put stickers on the ones I bring to differentiate them.

I haven't prepped any Bolt of the Witherwood or C3V glyphs (would be interested in buying some spares off @Sir Heroscape or @Leaf_It for this purpose, though I have some spares already). Have y'all ever used the 8 C3V glyphs in prior tourneys?
That would be great if you'd be willing to bring those, and stickers would be more than fine.

We haven't used the C3V glyphs before. I remember Leafy and I talked about it once, but don't remember where that conversation went. I'm definitely not opposed to them, though. At least not in general -- I forget if there are specific ones I wouldn't want (edit--just the freezing glyph, since it's more of a scenario glyph), but I don't remember there being any.
Here are all 8 in one PDF, for reference.
Two are treasure glyphs, the others are power glyphs.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:03 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Here are all 8 in one PDF, for reference.
Two are treasure glyphs, the others are power glyphs.
Nice link, thanks! I do like all of them in general, though I wouldn't necessarily use each of them in a random glyph pool. Thoughts on each individually:

Frosa: too map-changing for tourney pools, especially since map makers are generally very particularly about where they put water.
Gem of Lava Resistance: too map-dependent for a tourney pool.
Holdir: I like it and would replace the Unique Attack glyph with it, but I think Leafy disagreed with me.
Xipta: a really fun glyph, but a bit high-level for our Monthly events where we're trying to keep things simple enough for newer/younger players.
Lorja Ivor: a fine glyph, but range is already really powerful in our meta and I'd rather have more anti-range tools.
Yngvild: a cool and fun glyph. I like it, don't remember Leafy's thoughts.
Zawit: also cool and fun. Maybe a tad high-level like Xipta, though.
Searing Amulet: don't know that I love turning just any hero into a squad killer, so probably wouldn't use it in a tourney pool. 100% would use in a dungeon crawl, though.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:17 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

What represents the Flags/Command glyphs--poker chips? Stickered Brandar Glyphs? Gummy bears?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What represents the Flags/Command glyphs--poker chips? Stickered Brandar Glyphs? Gummy bears?
I’d think Brandar? I’ve got a ton so if we don’t have enough I can bring a bunch.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:08 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I’d think Brandar? I’ve got a ton so if we don’t have enough I can bring a bunch.
That works. I was just going to cut out hexes and let people doodle on them to make their own unique flags in their downtime.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:48 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
That works. I was just going to cut out hexes and let people doodle on them to make their own unique flags in their downtime.
I actually love that!! That’s more fun

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I have 8 - 12 of each glyph we are using. However I am currently moving, and I don't know if it will be accessible in time. It could be, I'm just cautious of saying I can before I know for sure.(Whoever has my 12th Wanock, please return it. I lost it a few months back when it was never returned from the map it was being used on)

I have some Poker chips we could use that fit into 1 hex holes, bigga's idea sounds like it would be more fun.

In regards to the C3V glyphs;

Frosa: Agreed with bigga
Gem of Lava Resistance: Agreed with bigga, but I wouldn't mind it being used on specific maps.
Holdir: I would also change the wording to once per ordermarker, so that armies like Thralls, and Sir_H's Shadows don't just have a constant +1 all the time. I like the idea behind this, and I am okay with replacing the unique attack with this, but for how weak it is by comparison to Astrid, I think my argument was that it shouldn't be restricted to heros, and I don't see a reason not to allow it for commons as well. +1 for a just 1 of the attacks from 1 of your squad figures does not seem that powerful.
Xipta: Agreed with bigga
Lorja Ivor: Agreed with bigga, Range of even just +1 is really powerful for the right army.
Yngvild: I think I thought this was be too powerful for certain armies, such as Gladitrons. I suppose I'd be will to try it out.
Zawit: Agreed with bigga
Searing Amulet: Agreed with bigga
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:18 PM

Dat_One_Boi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_One_Boi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uklabokalala View Post
Sorry I missed the date for the extra prize stuff, but I finally got my work schedule. I should be able to make it this month.
Awesome!! Two monthlies in a row!

++++++++

In other news, I'm adding to the FAQ that Arthur of Sherwood does get to move the flag without stopping, ala the Flag/Treasure Glyph movement bonus overlaps. So watch out for (or prepare to use!) him and Heirloom flag shenanigans!
Speaking of the FAQ, I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are there any rulings for Saylind?
There is! Her summoning power does not move the Flag, just the figure. (Similarly, Drow Chainfighters, Wyverns, Emiroon, etc. do not move the flag.) This is going off of this part of the FAQ:

Moving figures occupying the glyph: Figures can only move the glyph if it is during their turn and they start their movement on it. Thus, movement/placement powers that take place not on that figure's turn (i.e.: Chain Grab, Spear of Summoning, Talon Grab, Throw, Scatter, Scurry, etc.) will also not move the glyph.
Well, there goes my Saylind rush =]

What about:
TBR teleporting(tp'ing himself/Marro units)
Any unit with carry
Kursus's attack move(if the attack goes through, does he move with the glyph?)
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of the FAQ, I don't know if this has been answered yet, but are there any rulings for Saylind?
There is! Her summoning power does not move the Flag, just the figure. (Similarly, Drow Chainfighters, Wyverns, Emiroon, etc. do not move the flag.) This is going off of this part of the FAQ:

Moving figures occupying the glyph: Figures can only move the glyph if it is during their turn and they start their movement on it. Thus, movement/placement powers that take place not on that figure's turn (i.e.: Chain Grab, Spear of Summoning, Talon Grab, Throw, Scatter, Scurry, etc.) will also not move the glyph.
Well, there goes my Saylind rush =]

What about:
TBR teleporting(tp'ing himself/Marro units)
Any unit with carry
Kursus's attack move(if the attack goes through, does he move with the glyph?)
Yeah, sorry about that, but we didn't want every army to be running Saylind.

Just remember that figures can only move the glyph during their turn. So for the examples you mentioned:

Tul-Bak-Ra: Teleporting himself, yes, since it's his turn. If he's teleporting another Marro, then no, because it is his turn, not the other Marro's.
Carrying Units: They can move it themself, but if they're carrying someone on the glyph, then no, since it is the carrier's turn, not the one being carried.
Kursus's attack move: Yes! (And that would be awesome!) If he attacks and is successful, he can move the glyph with him, because it is his turn.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 23rd, 2019, 02:40 AM

I’m making Quasatch Playground instead of Song of the Walrus.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:59 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I'll take Quasatch Playground then.
I'll also do Green River, and Borogoves.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I guess I'll take Quasatch Playground then.
I'll also do Green River, and Borogoves.
Do you mean you’ll take Song of the Walrus? I was saying I’d make Quasatch.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events