Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 11th, 2020, 11:46 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Heroscape @ Origins (Columbus, OH) Sept 30- Oct 3, 2021

Origins is the second largest US boardgame con after Gencon, but the miniatures/wargame area is larger than Gencon. I have ran Heroscape events in the past with moderate success (2017, 2011).

Due to the pandemic normal Origins dates of June has moved to September 30 - October 3. With Gencon Heroscape events cancelled (with ScapeCon in its place) I figured some peole would go to Origins this year as their big con. What is the interest of Heroscapers interested in coming to this convention if we had Heroscape events there this year? The con is normally $85 but if we do I will register Heroscapers or my local boardgame group as a "Club" so you will get 30% off registration making it $60 to attend which is slightly over half of Gencon (not counting, travel, hotel, food, event tickets, etc).

Alternatively there is a regional convention the same weekend CinCityCon (run by the same people who do LexiCon) where there will be $55 weekend badges or $35 Saturday badges, so maybe more people would be willing to come to that, but is not as big a draw as GenCon/Origins.

How interested you would be in attending Heroscape events at origins on a scale of 1-5 (5=Definitely, 4=Probably, 3=Maybe, 2=Possibly, 1=No interest)

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 14th, 2021 at 02:42 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:18 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Origins Game Fair (Columbus, OH) October 7-11, 2020

1. 4 (Probably)
2. 4 (Probably)
3. 4 (Probably)

Basically I'd like to do this regardless of Gencon's decision but can't yet be 100% certain I'm free then. Thanks for doing the initial research here, this sounds quite intriguing.
Old May 16th, 2020, 11:38 AM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape @ Origins (Columbus, OH) October 7-11, 2020 ?

I was unable to attend Gencon either way and Columbus is much closer. Depending on my availability at the time, I would be interested, especially since I have never attended any of these events. How much notice would be needed, and how many days would you actually have Heroscape events running?
Old May 16th, 2020, 02:06 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I should clarify: my interest is dependent on Heroscape running events the whole time, not just one day / one event. Its quite a drive out for me that I'm happy to do for a Gencon-level # of games but I can't justify it for just a one day event.
Old May 16th, 2020, 03:28 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would be interested either way. Always looking for a good tournament. Only way I probably will pass is if Gencon is in the fall.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 1st, 2020, 05:52 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Being Gencon canceled for 2020 (Heroscapers Online Con 2020 is still happening), would anyone be interested in going to Origins (Columbus, OH) October 7-11? This also is dependent on it not later being canceled, but if it did happen and we had a few Heroscape tournaments, who would go?
Old April 14th, 2021, 02:37 PM

Re: Heroscape @ Origins (Columbus, OH) Sept 30- Oct 3, 2021

Updated OP for Origins 2021 - would anyone want to go? I also already bought 10 tickets to CinCityCon (Kickstarted group rate for 2020 right before pandemic started) and can resell them for $35, or else $55 at door. So if not enough people interested in doing Heroscape at Origins I will probably just do smaller events at CinCityCon.
Old April 14th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Re: Heroscape @ Origins (Columbus, OH) Sept 30- Oct 3, 2021

I won't be available for that weekend this year.

Best of luck with getting good attendance though! Hope it works out well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events