Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

Once a week deadlines sounds unnecessary to me. You certainly don't want to rush out a card and leave off a major power (not that it would actually ever happen).

I do think that a separate post of Finished Cards might be nice (kind of like the Hall of NM24) so that fans can always easily check in on what the C3G considers polished and print worthy. Every time there is 5 or 6 new cards added, we use Bat's connections to get a front page add for the new "C3G Wave".

That would be my plan if I were in the advertising department.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Once a week deadlines sounds unnecessary to me. You certainly don't want to rush out a card and leave off a major power (not that it would actually ever happen).

I do think that a separate post of Finished Cards might be nice (kind of like the Hall of NM24) so that fans can always easily check in on what the C3G considers polished and print worthy. Every time there is 5 or 6 new cards added, we use Bat's connections to get a front page add for the new "C3G Wave".

That would be my plan if I were in the advertising department.
I don't think anyone is looking to implement deadlines, Matt. Also, there are no more "C3G Waves". Once the figure is completed, the thread turns into a book and the creator moves on to their next figure. I assume the figure is also linked to our C3G Master thread.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it's best to do that on an "as needed" basis. For example, for the Fantastic Four, it makes sense to maybe hold them back and release them all together. For Deadpool, Elektra, Colossus, and Carnage, not so much.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, the current "Release Party" thread is going to be converted into a "Books of the C3G Index" thread once the fervor dies down and we get all the books completed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I think it's best to do that on an "as needed" basis. For example, for the Fantastic Four, it makes sense to maybe hold them back and release them all together. For Deadpool, Elektra, Colossus, and Carnage, not so much.
This makes some sense - and maybe those would be the times where we'd try to generate extra buzz/get front page coverage/etc.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I think...
Completely unrelated, but I'm loving the new avatar, GreyOwl!
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I completely agree with this.

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
I think...
Completely unrelated, but I'm loving the new avatar, GreyOwl!
Seriously cool!
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
So what happens if the first figure I decide to create is Human Torch?
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have to agree with Balantai on this. Perhaps maybe we should look onto releasing them in Boosters. Every 4 characters could be released together. It may be difficult to do sometimes but we can always go the "Heroes of New York" direction or something. Heroscape manages to market 4-5 completly unrelated Unique Heroes together in each Wave, can't we do that occasionally? I think often we can pair them together during the creation process. Pairs woudl be easy to market as "Gods and Minions" (Hercules, Thor, Doombots), etc. Just wanted to weigh in.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So what happens if the first figure I decide to create is Human Torch?
Then as a group we would have to talk about what we want out of the Fan 4 Team. In fact, we have all discussed it several times that the "team" that we have to work on together very carefully is the Fan 4. that is a team that needs to be done at the same time so that their synergies are well thought out, planned, and completely intentional. I don't care which one makes it to the finalized-finish line first, as long as the team is done appropriate to each other.

Other than that, I don't care who works on what, or what gets released first.
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I was looking for something a little more "dynamic". Plus I didn't want to get left out - all the cool people are changing their avatars recently, like Griffing, Bats, and Necro.

I wish I could read what IAmBatman's says on the bottom line, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy