Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
My Dogs

I'm having a very bad day, and it's only 8:00 AM. My dog, Jake, got stung by bees a few days ago, got swollen and gradually lost all feeling in his legs. Yesterday he could shuffle around a little, today I woke up and found that he had urinated on the floor. He was whimpering, and he couldn't move. We've schedueled an appointment in 1/2 an hour, and I'd appreciate any prayers or advice for him.

Last edited by ABOMINATION; November 12th, 2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: I decided to edit the title since it is no longer a bad day. I figure this title will make more sense from now on
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:10 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Bad Day

This is the best advice I can give you. Hope you have a better day, and hope your dog gets better.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Animals can suffer allergic reactions, same as people. If they get stung and start to swell, treat it exactly as a human reaction and go to the doctor for an allergy shot.

Hope he will be fine.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've never gotten stung by a bee, so I don't know what it's like. Anyway, hope your dog gets better!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My prayers are with you ABOM.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It can be mildly painful (as in my case) to life threatening (as a friend of mine is - he always carries Epipen just in case).

The poison in the stinger is actually basically harmless, it's the allergic reaction it can provoke that is dangerous.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm afraid to get stung for fear that I'm allergic.

Old September 13th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Most people aren't - The dog should be fine after it gets a shot. Just a good lesson to learn here. If any animal or person shows a visible reaction (beyond a small swelling right at the sting site) - head to the hospital or vet ASAP. Even if you were previously not allergic, you can still have a reaction to later stingings since you do not have an immunity to it (its not the same as getting a virus and then becoming immune to it).

Either go to the hospital/doctor/care center, if you start to have a reaction, or take some benedryl (sp?) and get there as soon as possible.

Old September 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Most people aren't - The dog should be fine after it gets a shot. Just a good lesson to learn here. If any animal or person shows a visible reaction (beyond a small swelling right at the sting site) - head to the hospital or vet ASAP. Even if you were previously not allergic, you can still have a reaction to later stingings since you do not have an immunity to it (its not the same as getting a virus and then becoming immune to it).

Either go to the hospital/doctor/care center, if you start to have a reaction, or take some benedryl (sp?) and get there as soon as possible.
Good to know. Thanks!

Old September 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This day just keeps getting rottener. Turns out it wasn't a bee. He was either bitten by a brown recluse, or was running after an animal and ran into a stick, which jabbed him in the chest and caused a severe infection. If the former, he'll have to be put to sleep. If the latter, he might make it. He really was a great dog, and if he dies I'm going to miss him.
Old September 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
This day just keeps getting rottener. Turns out it wasn't a bee. He was either bitten by a brown recluse, or was running after an animal and ran into a stick, which jabbed him in the chest and caused a severe infection. If the former, he'll have to be put to sleep. If the latter, he might make it. He really was a great dog, and if he dies I'm going to miss him.
How sad! I'm sorry to hear that.

Old September 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Wow. That's crap! I am very sorry to hear that has happened. Do you know where the wound is so you could shave around it and see what it looks like? Will he let you touch it? Again I feel for you, that is very tragic. I am not religous but I will be praying for for your situation to improve. Good luck.

Last edited by J4Jandar; September 13th, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General