Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old April 19th, 2017, 08:31 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Looking for recommendations for a TCG

Thanks again everyone for all of these suggestions. I have played Dominion and for whatever reason, I wasn't crazy about it.

Both the Marvel and Harry Potter games sound interesting. I will look into both of them as well. Thank you for the suggestions.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:45 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I second Marvel Legendary - it is a combination of deck builder (like Dominion) and TCG (like Magic/Pokemon) and is semi-cooperative. Makes it fun for kids of differing levels as you can help them both in advice and in your own playing to beat the Big Bad, but you also can compete for points against each other. There are other versions like Alien/Predator and even Big Trouble in Little China, but I recommend the original and/or Civil War to start.

There is also @truth 's Summoner Wars from PlaidHat games - combines a TCG and Heroscape!

Of course, both of these are "Expandable" as opposed to "Collectable" which I highly recommend getting for kids (as well as yourself) as the "Got to Catch 'Em All" feeling won't break your bank as you only need to buy one set of each as they are not random blind purchases.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 10:46 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Well, I had narrowed it down to Star Wars Destiny, Marvel Legendary, or Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. I was leaning to Star Wars Destiny myself but was thinking that more family members could get involved if I got one of the others.

So I let my LGS decide. They no longer stocked the Harry Potter game. They had some Marvel Legendary stuff but they didn't have the original or Civil War. They had Alien vs. Predator and Big Trouble in Little China. I didn't want to start with those.

So I asked about Star Wars Destiny and he said that they just happen to have one each of the starter decks. He said they didn't have any boosters and haven't been able to get any for a while. He has no idea when or if they'll get more. He said that the arrival of the few Starter decks was a surprise. I figured that I better buy them while I can.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I am looking very forward to it this weekend. I'm guilting the wife into playing with me. I held out the two decks and said, "Choose, light side, or dark?" She picked light. Haha, silly woman. She doesn't know the power of the dark side.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to everyone for all their suggestions. I just hope that I can find some boosters soon to go with our decks.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Well, I had narrowed it down to Star Wars Destiny, Marvel Legendary, or Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. I was leaning to Star Wars Destiny myself but was thinking that more family members could get involved if I got one of the others.

So I let my LGS decide. They no longer stocked the Harry Potter game. They had some Marvel Legendary stuff but they didn't have the original or Civil War. They had Alien vs. Predator and Big Trouble in Little China. I didn't want to start with those.

So I asked about Star Wars Destiny and he said that they just happen to have one each of the starter decks. He said they didn't have any boosters and haven't been able to get any for a while. He has no idea when or if they'll get more. He said that the arrival of the few Starter decks was a surprise. I figured that I better buy them while I can.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I am looking very forward to it this weekend. I'm guilting the wife into playing with me. I held out the two decks and said, "Choose, light side, or dark?" She picked light. Haha, silly woman. She doesn't know the power of the dark side.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to everyone for all their suggestions. I just hope that I can find some boosters soon to go with our decks.

I've got a bunch of extra commons and uncommons.

Furthermore, I've got no interest in the blue characters, so I could sell you a bunch of them if you're interested.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:58 PM

[quote=MegaSilver;2145113]
Quote:
I've got a bunch of extra commons and uncommons.

Furthermore, I've got no interest in the blue characters, so I could sell you a bunch of them if you're interested.
Thanks, @MegaSilver for the offer. I think that I will hold off on buying individual cards for now while I am learning the game. I am clueless about deck building. I would assume though, that at some point, either my wife or I will want to include blues in at least one of our decks. I would like to get a few games under my belt though before I start trying to form any ideas on the direction that I might want to go with my deck. That being said, what sort of pricing are we talking about for your blues?

I did get to play one game with the wife yesterday. It was slow going as we were both learning the rules, figuring out the wording on cards, etc. But I can tell already that I love this game. I just hope that I can somehow get my wife's enthusiasm up to match my own.

Old April 24th, 2017, 11:29 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

The new Destiny set comes out I believe May 5th, so there will be product soon. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and print 10x what they printed of the original set.
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

The new Destiny set comes out I believe May 5th, so there will be product soon. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and print 10x what they printed of the original set.
That is very good indeed.
I do hope that they reprint set 1 too, as @MegaSilver said, as it has so many of the old school characters in it.

My understanding is that set 2 is based on Rogue One, which I haven't even seen yet. I certainly have no issues with Rogue One and really look forward to both the movie and the cards, but I gotta have me some Darth Vader, Han Solo, Baba Fett, Luke Skywalker, etc.

Last edited by keglo; April 24th, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old April 24th, 2017, 04:24 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Only slightly based on Rogue One. Still has some Force awakens guys, plus rebel soldiers, palpatine, asajj ventress, mon mothma, episode 3 Vader...
Old April 24th, 2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Only slightly based on Rogue One. Still has some Force awakens guys, plus rebel soldiers, palpatine, asajj ventress, mon mothma, episode 3 Vader...
Ahh, ok. That makes me feel better. I'll see if I can find more info about wave 2.

Thanks!

Old April 24th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Wave 1 of set 2 is coming out May 4th, but it's limited. More waves of Set 2 will be coming out.
@keglo , I'd have to check to see what it's all worth, I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Old April 24th, 2017, 09:06 PM

Ok, @MegaSilver . No problem.

Old May 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, this isn't a trading card game... Just like my last recommendation...

Boss Monster is a pretty awesome game that I recently discovered. Each player sets up a "dungeon" in an attempt to attract and destroy the "heroes" that come to town each day. It's pretty quick to learn (though the first couple of rounds you'll have no strategy), and it's very fun(ny). I suspect that even the 7-year-old will be able to learn it.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games