Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 06:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Nominating Round 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
I would be interested in running another design. Although I do not have many to choose from I would like to see the Royal Flush Gang completed some day.
Awesome. Good to see you around. I was looking at some of your alternate Beast Boys. We could use another Gar or two.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 08:23 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
L0B5T3R I had in mind
I'm gonna hop on playtesting for sure and see if that jogs any creative juices by the time I have enough point to lead a design. BTW you guys can call me Lobster or Lobs or something if that's easier than hitting all the numbers
Old April 2nd, 2017, 09:41 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
* Is there a active ally that wants to design but doesn't have the points (do we need testing tutorials so they feel comfortable testing, do we look at cost of Public Designs)
laughing_matter, as far as I can tell. He's got some cool ideas, and I keep being disappointed by his lack of points.
Thanks. I'm going to try and ramp up my playtesting soon, so that I can try and see if I can LD a certain mystical Con artist Brit in the Danger Room by at least May. That is, if Yodaking is ok with it, since he's got him drafted already. If I had the points though, and someone nominated a design of mine, I wouldn't object.

I would advocate for lowering the cost to LD though. It'll get in some fresh blood who don't often have the time/opportunity/whatever to playtest, and will help get more designs to the people. I'm not just saying that because I want to LD something, although it is tempting, I say that because the fact of the matter is that we have less people around than we did before.

People have gotten older, and have found higher priorities, or their interest has just waned, and if we want to keep a higher out put, and also making LDing more accessible to newer playtesters, then the prices have to adjust. It's not a matter of me wanting to LD easier, it's a matter of economics.

Quote:
Well, cwidje, certainly, and there may be others who are less active. If anyone knows any of the older allies who've fallen by the wayside, it may be worth trying to contact them.
This is probably the best thing to do if you want to see people who have been less active LD. See if they can do it, or want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
L0B5T3R I had in mind
I'm gonna hop on playtesting for sure and see if that jogs any creative juices by the time I have enough point to lead a design. BTW you guys can call me Lobster or Lobs or something if that's easier than hitting all the numbers
With that avatar, I'm tempted to call you Crisp Rat.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:08 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I would be interested in running another design. Although I do not have many to choose from I would like to see the Royal Flush Gang completed some day.
That would certainly be cool. I'd encourage you to sketch out a general theme and price range for each member so you have an idea of what they could look like as a team once completed. Then just start knocking out one at a time and adjust each follow up design accordingly.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Jungle Tree got some traction for awhile.
Mega_Silver may be up for the LD.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:11 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Cool - so that looks like two who may be interested if we wait until mid-late May. I'm wondering if it's worth doing something like making a call-out to all Allies, asking who'd be interested in throwing their hat in given this timing/these conditions, giving it until the end of April for people to reply, compiling a list of those who do, giving it a week at the beginning of May for nominations and then giving it the next two weeks after that for voting, and then starting the next design. We may need to take more time/be more flexible this time, if we want things to work.
@cwidje , might that work for you? (She asked, still hoping for Resurrection Man. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Technically, if @MegaSilver wanted to LD the Jungle Tree, he could just buy the design for the same number of points it would cost to get it voted through - it does only cost 15 points to buy a DO or Glyph LD, I believe?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:37 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It is also less points, 10 maybe, for a Public LD.
I believe MS has the points only to get voted in and not a straight buy in.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What if we left the old way of doing things behind(even if just until we get more activity, because I like the Public Vote when there's the support for it), seeing as there doesn't seem to be any real crowd of Allies looking to design these days. Perhaps we open it up to simply nominating what you yourself want to design, you can pick one of your own, then submit it for a Hero vote on which is preferred next. Keeping it open for a repeat designer, so Lazy would still be eligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't know if the solution is just letting LO go nuts on the LDs (and I think she was hoping to run something in the Danger Room after Ant-Man wraps up anyhow...), but I agree that it might be worth thinking about some structural changes here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I would advocate for lowering the cost to LD though. It'll get in some fresh blood who don't often have the time/opportunity/whatever to playtest, and will help get more designs to the people. I'm not just saying that because I want to LD something, although it is tempting, I say that because the fact of the matter is that we have less people around than we did before.
I've been aware for a while that, without fresh blood, the current public design process is unsustainable. I've been tossing over ideas, but haven't come up with much yet (except for a new one I want to discuss in the Outer Sanctum first). I'm very open to suggestions. The problem with both of the ideas above is that they both still need more active Allies to work. Lowering the cost may help, but I'd consider it a stronger option if there were a few Allies with more 5-6 points but fewer than 15. As it stands right now, there just aren't many active Allies at all. I think it's late to change it this round, but I think we'll be doing something different soon.

As for Lazy's suggestion, I am open to delaying this round for a few weeks/a month if it means we'll have more interested Allies. Let me know what you all think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Certainly a great time to join.
Lots of opportunities.

I suppose if someone was to shine a light on some of these old designs, it could do a a lot to draw attention to the cause.

Vampire Jubilee and Hell Cow were a couple of my favorites. Oh and Judge Anderson.
What ever happened to the guy designing the Judges?
IDK, I heard he took all his Heroscape stuff with him when he vacationed in Mexico a few years back and one of the cartels robbed him blind. Haven't seen him post a test since then but I did see a 20/20 special on Mexican Drug Cartels and spotted a C3G game set up in their hideout after a drug raid.
Heroscape is hard to come by down there. Just ask omael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Tornado, it was the discussion of how interested C3G is in adding manga/anime characters to its ranks. The previous response was fairly tepid (I saw no one really lean too strongly one way or the other). I know there was a discussion about appropriate figures, but I wasn't sure if that was the only potential hangup.

~Dysole, who has actually based many of her custom anime designs off of C3G powersets
They do not feel any weirder than Street Fighter. Jason Vorhees was once banned and is now a card.
Your biggest obstacle will be the miniature.

Do you have a design you feel good about that has a 'workable' mini?

If so, post it over in the Public Design thread for a once over and I will be happy to nominate it.

Did someone nominate Soundwarp's Kingpin? That one looks like a shoe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
L0B5T3R I had in mind
Very cool. Thank you!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:43 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Cool - so that looks like two who may be interested if we wait until mid-late May. I'm wondering if it's worth doing something like making a call-out to all Allies, asking who'd be interested in throwing their hat in given this timing/these conditions, giving it until the end of April for people to reply, compiling a list of those who do, giving it a week at the beginning of May for nominations and then giving it the next two weeks after that for voting, and then starting the next design. We may need to take more time/be more flexible this time, if we want things to work.
@cwidje , might that work for you? (She asked, still hoping for Resurrection Man. )

Quote:
Technically, if @MegaSilver wanted to LD the Jungle Tree, he could just buy the design for the same number of points it would cost to get it voted through - it does only cost 15 points to buy a DO or Glyph LD, I believe?
I would certainly be more available over the summer than I am now. I have no desire to get in the way of progress, but if the group wants to delay things, I shan't stop it.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would certainly be more available over the summer than I am now. I have no desire to get in the way of progress, but if the group wants to delay things, I shan't stop it.
Well, it looks like there isn't enough people around to progress now, so waiting to see if anyone else jumps in and until people are more likely to be free to design anyway seems logical. It's not ideal, but I don't know how else we'd do it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:49 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I feel like it's a good idea to have a lengthier nominations phase here, even if it means a gap between public designs. Give people a chance to workshop some stuff in the public design thread, maybe make a little testing push if necessary to build up some points, and then we'll probably have better Ally availability over the summer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy