Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old January 28th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscapers is now HTTPS-only

Yeah, YouTube videos have never worked in HTTPS for me (using Google Chrome). I've always just sort of lived with it.
Old January 31st, 2017, 10:04 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, YouTube videos have never worked in HTTPS for me (using Google Chrome). I've always just sort of lived with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I can't view Youtube links any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
kickstarter videos appear to be gone. (Check out the kickstarter page).
Yep, I noticed this problem yesterday when @Dad_Scaper posted a game in there. I can't see what he was talking about, or any of the others.
Quote:
I've made a change and put in a command to rebuild the relevant part of our database. All posts should have embedded videos again within an hour. I have to run now, but let me know if anything still looks wrong on any pages and I will have a look-see later today. Thanks again for the reports!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:55 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
I can't view Youtube links any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Yep, I noticed this problem yesterday when @Dad_Scaper posted a game in there. I can't see what he was talking about, or any of the others.
Quote:
I've made a change and put in a command to rebuild the relevant part of our database. All posts should have embedded videos again within an hour. I have to run now, but let me know if anything still looks wrong on any pages and I will have a look-see later today. Thanks again for the reports!
I'm still not seeing the videos on the Kickstarter thread.

EDIT: Scratch that. The new posts are showing for me.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; February 1st, 2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I can't seem to see pics linked through Photobucket any more.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:00 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Can you point me to an example, please? That'll help speed up a fix.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:31 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Curious

Can you see the picture in my signature Sherman? It's from Photobucket.

~Dysole, who has noticed any issues on her end
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:49 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Can you point me to an example, please? That'll help speed up a fix.
I noticed the problem while updating one of my superhero customs threads, linked in my sig. Any page with a Photobucket pic loads everything but the pics and continues to try loading the page, but without success. Using Windows 8/Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Can you see the picture in my signature Sherman? It's from Photobucket.
Nope.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:26 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
I noticed the problem while updating one of my superhero customs threads, linked in my sig. Any page with a Photobucket pic loads everything but the pics and continues to try loading the page, but without success. Using Windows 8/Firefox.
It works for me. My guess is that your browser is somehow set to block all mixed content (in this case, HTTP images loaded from an HTTPS page). I thought most browsers allowed images these days, just providing a warning, but perhaps not. The copy of Firefox I've got handy loads things fine (with a mixed content warning in the URL bar), but I will test further.

BTW, the switch to HTTPS-only happening now was motivated by Chrome and Firefox soon warning about any login page (basically every page here at HSers if you're logged out) being loaded over a non-secure connection. Google was about to start penalizing such pages in search results too.

The best fix will be for us to cache all external images locally. Let me see what I can do on that front in a hurry. (That's better for the community too, meaning images will always be available--if we had been doing that from the start we would never have had any threads with missing images).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online