Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 10th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Okay, sounds great!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Alright, after some changes, and some careful playtesting... I would like to resubmit and nominate my custom Tetraites for your consideration, SoV.

Tetraites was a renowned gladiator in Rome; known for his use of minimal armor and fighting bare-chested. His fame reached as far as England and France when he defeated the mighty Prudes. It was at this moment of victory and glory that Utgar summoned him to Valhalla, eager to make use of him in Taelord's Coliseum. Rather than miss the world he once knew, Tetraites relished the opportunity to spill the blood of not just man, but elf, dwarf, beast and giant alike. His name would be known, his name would be feared, his name is Tetraites.

He is the Shoanti Gladiator from the Lost Coast Pathfinder Battles line.
  • Balance His base stats are kept in line with the other gladiators for a fair understanding of point value, but he is costlier because of his ability to help control Squad swarming. His one special allows him to handle heroes, squads or a hero and a squad at the same time. After playtesting with his adjusted ability, he proves to be very strong in melee ONLY battles, but struggles vs. Range (Roman Archers took him out pretty quick). His altered ability is more thematic now that the auto wound is required to be given to an adjacent figure who is also next to the defending figure. As well, making the auto wound only for small or medium enemy figures, keeps him from being too OP when faced with a Deathwalker or other Large figure and avoids situations where you attack a Goblin and auto wound a Deathwalker. He tended to fill more than his points against melee armies, but only half or under his point value against range.
  • Playability His one power reads clearly and fits both his fighting style and figure. The power has been altered from the original submission and is a combination of Tandros' Cleave, Shurrak's Sweeping Sword, and C3G's Hogun and fits with his choice of weapon and personality. He’s fun to play because of his ability to deal auto wounds to nearby figures and help out squads. But aside from bonding, he’s a strong solo figure as well, holding his own against a single hero or squad.
  • Creativity A wild gladiator that follows Utgar just speaks thematic for me. As another historical figure, he fits right in with the lore behind summoning the strongest heroes to the war on Valhalla. How fitting for Utgar to summon him away as soon as he reached the peak of his fame and glory, only to be put into another arena on another world. But unlike the other rebellious gladiators, he’s quite content with his new “calling” and revels at the opportunity to spill the blood of his foes. Not only does he provide another bonding option for the Capuans, but his wild personality gives him more versatility in Dreadgul builds for bonding with them.
  • Theme He lived on Earth as a gladiator, and now lives on Valhalla as a gladiator in Taelord’s Colesium. His opponents feared him on Earth, and now that he’s on Valhalla, he will do everything in his power to prove his dominance. So far, he has not lost a fight, and looks forward to the day that he gets to meet his other gladiator brothers on the battlefield.
  • Accessibility The miniature is part of the Lost Coast Pathfinder Battles line, and from my research among numerous online stores there are 34 known available figures, with an undisclosed stock on paizo.com. On their website, I was able to input 99 units of this figure and go through checkout (without paying of course) and no error or adjusted quantity was given. This suggests the paizo.com has a numerous stock of this figure. If that were not the case than I’m sure there would have been some sort of message letting me know. But there you have it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Italics indicate additional notes from the original submission (except the back story)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:42 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I actually like the new power a little less but I'm still ultimately willing to test the design. I felt he might have been a tad overpriced before and I feel the new change makes him weaker still, but not enough for me to refuse trying him out. I vote YEA.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Tetraites was a renowned gladiator in Rome; known for his use of minimal armor and fighting bare-chested. His fame reached as far as England and France when he defeated the mighty Prudes. It was at this moment of victory and glory that Utgar summoned him to Valhalla, eager to make use of him in Taelord's Coliseum. Rather than miss the world he once knew, Tetraites relished the opportunity to spill the blood of not just man, but elf, dwarf, beast and giant alike. His name would be known, his name would be feared, his name is Tetraites.
Okay, I am going to be really picky here, but your bio has a couple of historical inaccuracies:

known for his use of minimal armor and fighting bare-chested.

Yeah - that's called being a gladiator. They were all given varying degrees of jack-diddly squat when it came to protection - the masses wanted to see them bleed.

His fame reached as far as England and France

No, no it really didn't. England and France, as concepts, didn't even exist yet. Amended to Britain and Gaul, however, this would be fine.

when he defeated the mighty Prudes

From what little I can find online, there was a gladiator called Tetraites, and he did defeat a man named Prudes, so you're on the mark there - in fact, you seem to have researched him for this. However, what I can find suggests that 'He would go bare chested into battles wielding his sword, a shield and a helmet.' - none of the bolded is represented on the mini, and I'd suggest choosing a different name, or at least, not representing real historical events in the bio when the figure isn't representative of the historical gladiator.

The unit seems really, really cool though.

~ Lazy Orang, ceasing her historical nitpicking.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 22nd, 2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:07 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm not a huge fan of a Wild Human Gladiator summoned by Utgar. He doesn't seem to be in the same league of evil as Isumu, Sir Hawthorn or the Knights of Blackgaard to warrant being pulled into Utgar, especially when his bonding options both come from Einar. Also a bit of a minor quibble, but the figure also doesn't look wild or evil. It is small thing, but it is worth noting.
:
So this still stands for me, but for now amounts to enough of a personal preference that I'm still willing to run the unit.

Vote Yea to test.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; January 9th, 2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The gladiator part of this guy makes sense. He looks like a gladiator. Him bludgeoning people makes sense with his big hammer. The second "or" part of the bludgeoning ability is not you bludgeoning your target, its cleaving through to hit a new target. It seems out of place with that name. The figure does not look evil. Just because he wears red shouldn't make him follow utgar. His wild personality of wild puts him leading barbarians from C3V. That could work a little bit if he was a saxxon or something like that. He's not dressed like a saxxon, nor does he look like one. The character does look fun to play. I don't feel that the card really flows to well with the figure and the back story thematically even if he is a fun character to play with. I realize I don't have a say in if this card is nominated, just throwing my perspective at it with my handful of pennies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:01 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This is going to be really nitpicky (because I like the new power), but I don't like that it can be used on large figures but the wound can't be placed on adjacent large figures. It makes sense for gameplay, but I think it's too counterintuitive. If it was only small/medium I'd give it a shot.

to this version.
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the changes. to review Tetraites.
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Just in time for Christmas, I am pleased to announce that Ashi-Dhulu by @MegaSilver and Urk by @Ninja Status and @superfrog have been inducted into the Soldiers of Valhalla! Congrats to the designers for their excellent units.

PDFs will be available shortly.

Old December 24th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old December 24th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats to all.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks to Ninja Status for his work playtesting and his willingness to blend his custom with mine. I'm glad the rest of the judges liked the result.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs