Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Laminating Cards?

Ok so the story goes like this. . . I was playing heroscape and I looked down at my stack of unused cards because I wanted to look up some stat, I think it was who other then the Izumi cost 60pts. Anyway I picked up the pile and the first three cards were stuck together, Deadeye Dan (which ironically is the card I was looking for), Krug, and Sudema. So I tried to take them apart, but they were stuck together so much that I ripped part of the card getting them apart.

That was the final straw. I then immediately went to Staples and got the cards laminated to prevent any further destruction. So far I've cut out 12 cards and they look and feel pretty good. The one problem would be that it's a pain in the but to cut them out, but on the plus side they are protected very well and if nesscesary I can write on them and erase it (I don't know why I would need to, but I could)

Basically I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and at the same time offering it up as a workable solution for those who are prone to chronic spilling stuff on their cards.
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
how much does that cost?
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:46 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
cut the cards in one direction then turn over and do the other side it works better that way.

Ħdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The price was $1.89 for a sheet of laminatin that could fit 7 cards. I wound up with 14 sheets so about $28. I'm not sure if thats too expensive or what, but I'm in favor of protecting my cards, plus I didn't pay for it, thats what caring parents are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
cut the cards in one direction then turn over and do the other side it works better that way.
That's what I'm doing but it still takes a pretty long time to cut out the 97 cards I got laminated.
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:11 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
$28 is a great price for 97 cards.i have my own machine and i can only do 3 cards per sheet and i get 25 sheets per pack $8/9 bucks plus the cost of the machine i called kinkos one time and they said it would be something like $75 and they would cut them for 2 bucks a sheet or card i cant remember

Ħdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:16 PM

Wow thats alot. I guess i got a really good deal then. 21 cards down... too many to go.

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:29 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
$28 is a lousy price. For $5 you should be able to buy enough clear PVC CD wallets to do all of your cards; they are as well-protected as they are after being laminated, you can't mess it up and ruin a card while putting them in the envelopes, and it's 100% reversible. Unlike lamination.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:47 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
I can get hold of a pack of 100 A4 laminate sheets for £1.99 (about 4 dollars?). I havent tried laminating the official cards, but do laminate my custom cards for that extra protection and thickness.
Old November 7th, 2006, 05:02 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
I've always wanted to laminate at least one full set of cards but never got around to it. Now the task just seems daunting with so many cards, even for a single set
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:31 AM

CarlosJotun has disabled reputation
CD Keepers

I use CD Keepers they sell them at walmart 50 for 3.88... The only thing that I do not like is that they come in 5 colors , the blue is to dark.
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM

I finished cutting them out, it didn't take quite as long as i thought it might, but I had three people working on them. The finished product looks very good soI'm happy with the decision.

Old November 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We've laminated all of our cards (well over 100 of 'em) for a very reasonable price at a local copying service business... didn't cost more than $20 for over 100 cards, and they are professionally done, feel and look great, and are well protected.

If done right, they are essentially 100% water proof. We took the game camping for a 3 night camping trip at a canoe-in site this last summer and ended up playing in downpouring rain for a day and a half.... (we brought in our own 4X8 plywood playing surface with custom made legs perfect for standing height) but anyway, even though the cards were mostly under water for hours and hours, they were well protected... aside from about 3 or 4 that got some water damage due to being cut to close to the card, which negated the airtight laminate seal.

If properly laminated and properly cut out (not too close to the card) they are nigh invulnerable (in the words of the ever-wise Tick).

I recommend it for anyone.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion