Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2006, 10:43 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I made these a couple of weeks ago, right after the FBs went public. Combined with nice printouts of the cards thanks to Heroscapers, I think I've had just as much enjoyment playing with these as I would with the real mccoys. I wasn't even trying hard, and these blend in well enough. I may pick up the real FBs eventually, but not until the price comes down. It is quite satisfying to have refused to play the money trap game, and still be having fun with the units. I highly recommend it.

H
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Those are pretty cool. May I ask why there are two Jandar FBs?

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:55 PM

C28525 has disabled reputation
Way to be creative.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:03 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
The viking spearman was such a natural for a FB, I couldnt resist making a second Jandar FB out of him. Good use for a spare Tarn Viking especially if you're short of Knights.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
If you honestly think the Flag Bearers are a good deal at 13 a pop something is wrong with you.
Well, since you have said there is something wrong with me, I need to ask, is that something physical, mental, moral, emotional, spiritual, or some other kind of "wrong" Oh, and what are your qualifications for diagnosising me as having something wrong? Just curious how you know so much about me.

Thanks.

(On the other hand, if might be wise if we all were somewhat more careful about our language, especially when accusing others of faults or failures when we really mean we simply disagree.)
The problem would definetly be mental. Anyone can come to this conclusion, it's really quite simple. If you think 2 flag bearers, a bunch of dice and 2 sacks to hold them in is worth the 150 pieces a castle comes something is wrong with you.

(In all honesty though, I said it more jokingly then serious. As you yourself stated, I do not know you and therefore do not know your mental condition. It was a joke and nothing more. People need to lighten up and stop taking stupid comments as personal attacks. I guess I shoulda used a smiley and made to make it all better )
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
The viking spearman was such a natural for a FB, I couldnt resist making a second Jandar FB out of him. Good use for a spare Tarn Viking especially if you're short of Knights.
Good point. I'd do all of my customs from master set figs so the viking would work better for me.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
If you honestly think the Flag Bearers are a good deal at 13 a pop something is wrong with you.
Well, since you have said there is something wrong with me, I need to ask, is that something physical, mental, moral, emotional, spiritual, or some other kind of "wrong" Oh, and what are your qualifications for diagnosising me as having something wrong? Just curious how you know so much about me.

Thanks.

(On the other hand, if might be wise if we all were somewhat more careful about our language, especially when accusing others of faults or failures when we really mean we simply disagree.)
The problem would definetly be mental. Anyone can come to this conclusion, it's really quite simple. If you think 2 flag bearers, a bunch of dice and 2 sacks to hold them in is worth the 150 pieces a castle comes something is wrong with you.

(In all honesty though, I said it more jokingly then serious. As you yourself stated, I do not know you and therefore do not know your mental condition. It was a joke and nothing more. People need to lighten up and stop taking stupid comments as personal attacks. I guess I shoulda used a smiley and made to make it all better )
It costs my wife $12.50 to get her eyebrows waxed. They look great but grow back in about 6 weeks. I can spend about the same on a FB and get many many games out of it. I think the FB is the bargain. I had a Margarita the other night when I went out on a date with my wife. When I got the bill I noticed the rita was $12. It really was the best Margarita I've ever had. I will spend the money on the FB's without a second thought. To me they are good value.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
It costs my wife $12.50 to get her eyebrows waxed. They look great but grow back in about 6 weeks. I can spend about the same on a FB and get many many games out of it. I think the FB is the bargain. I had a Margarita the other night when I went out on a date with my wife. When I got the bill I noticed the rita was $12. It really was the best Margarita I've ever had. I will spend the money on the FB's without a second thought. To me they are good value.
Ya, and I can buy a Ford Taurus for a fraction of what a Porsche cost yet both get me to where I need to go. What's your point? Just because The Flag Bearers are a good deal when compared to some other things doesn't mean they ARE a good deal. People have come to expect a certain price for HeroScape products but with the Flag Bearers Hasbro has gone well over that expected price point. Because of this people feel ripped off and rightfully so.

I can compare Flag Bearers to other items too. For $3 LESS i can buy a small expansion that comes with anywhere from 5-7 figures and includes terrain and accompanying cards. For the cost of 2 Flag Bearers I can buy a castle which has literally hundreds more pieces. For the price of all 5 flag bearers, 5 figures and a bunch of excess dice with bag, I can buy a complete small expansion wave and Master Set.. over 50 figures, almost 100 terrain hexes, and dice, order markers, etc.

Ya Flag Bearers may be a good deal when compared to some other luxury items, but when compared to other HeroScape items they are definetly NOT a good deal. In fact, they are a down right rip off.
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:06 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Well I just bought all five flag bearers today. As I picked them up in their tiny little boxes I really felt the pain of buying these at 12.99 a piece. I thought about castles also but I already have 8 so I did not go for the deal.

So I got them back to the car and opened them up, the figs are pretty cool, the dice are ok I guess and the bag is a bag. While I think these guys will be fun to play with, 70$ was a pretty big rip off. I am going to join the crowd who says 15 $ for all five figs, 12 dice with a generic symbol for the General sign, a bag and a twenty sider would be fair.

I would say Orm's Return put this set to absolute shame even. No way was this worth seventy dollars. Well anyways my set is once again complete but I will say this on the subject.

Screw me once Hasbro and shame on you...

Screw me twice and shame on me....

I will not pay this kind of money for this sort of thing again.
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Ya Flag Bearers may be a good deal when compared to some other luxury items, but when compared to other HeroScape items they are definetly NOT a good deal. In fact, they are a down right rip off.
Completely NOT true. Value is perceived by the purchaser. I look at it as all in the same category: Leisure spending. In this case the Flag Bearers are definetly an excellent deal. You seem so intent upon telling others whether they got a good deal, when it is up to the individual who makes and spends his money to decide what is a good deal for him. I would say that the worst thing is somebody who does not think these FB's are a good deal yet spends money on them anyway.... that makes no sense to me. I don't purchase anything in my leisure spending that I don't think is worth it... You would be foolish to do so.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:07 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
But thats like owning five of the six Star Wars movies and because you do not like the Phantom Menace you do not complete your set. You know you would buy it because as a whole you like the series and want a complete set.
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Completely NOT true. Value is perceived by the purchaser. I look at it as all in the same category: Leisure spending. In this case the Flag Bearers are definetly an excellent deal. You seem so intent upon telling others whether they got a good deal, when it is up to the individual who makes and spends his money to decide what is a good deal for him. I would say that the worst thing is somebody who does not think these FB's are a good deal yet spends money on them anyway.... that makes no sense to me. I don't purchase anything in my leisure spending that I don't think is worth it... You would be foolish to do so.
Well then, lets see what else we can get for $70 then. For $70, I can get 3 or more games for a home video game councel. I can get a Master set and 3 booster packs (master set on sale). Or I can get 5 popular board games. I could buy Axis and allies, LOTR risk, and Clue. I could buy the entire collection of LOTR extended DVD's and have money left over for the big azz candy bar and microwave popcorn. The point is, you can't compare it to other things. You have to compare it to the game, and the value we have been getting. They are the worst value in HS...plain and simple.

The wife and I even went to a Sushi bar this weekend. And Sushi is expensive. We both had dinner, drinks and went out to see a movie, and still didn't cost $70. Maybe $70 isn't a lot, when you live in NY or CA, but in the midwest, it's a lot.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales