Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old January 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Legacy of the Kyrie

I'm ready to begin a new Heroscape campaign. Now that we've got all the figures and all the official support we're ever going to get, I think I've got a full palette of material to work with.

This will be my 3rd go-round in campaigning. My first, The Seige of Dulhammer Crag, was created in 2008 long before any rules for D&DScape. I see it's got a little over 600 downloads at the time of this posting and I'm pretty proud of that. My second, far more ambitious effort was Knights of the Daystorm which actually has its roots in an old D&D campaign of mine. It's pushing 500 downloads which makes me even prouder. If I can get about hundred people to actually play this new one, I'll be bustin' my vest!

As before, I'll start with a design thread and build this from a few rough ideas. I know some of you may recall I said I'd do something with Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and Ruins of Undermountain but with the cancellation of Heroscape, I was more inclined to honor the game's rich origins.

So here's a rough idea of what I'm planning:
  • Begin the campaign with a single kyrie hero (you can choose among several and this choice will effect the entire game).
  • Point-based leveling system for your party. Swap out heroes as your allotment grows or increase the stats of your existing party members.
  • Non-linear campaign which covers over ~10 maps
  • New artifact and treasure glyphs
  • A few new custom characters specific to the campaign which will be proxied with existing analogues.
  • Some maps will be small and themed but others huge battles. You'll need a big collection of figures and terrain to make it all work. I'm not holding back this time.
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart
Re: Legacy of the Kyrie

Hmmmm! Me like.
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:28 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Velenne, if your designing this...then its going to be great!

-ZB, waiting on the edge of his seat.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks guys! Playtesters are always welcome. Just as before, I'll put up the drafts and revisions I make along the way.

Here's a few more ideas fleshed out:
  • It will center upon Valkrill's "ascent". There will be shifting allegiances determined by the player which have long-reaching effects.
  • The player chooses between Empress Kiova, Atlaga, and Concan to begin. Each kyrie will have a retinue which is also selected by the player and grows over time. You must keep your kyrie alive, but mechanisms will be in place to make that a bit easier.
  • Whomever you choose, you must gain the allegiance of the other two sides in mock combat. Kiova will fight on a pagoda map on Earth. Atlaga's defends a grove on Feylund. Concan leads from a castle in Valhalla.
  • Meanwhile, Taelord is securing the Vydar and Aquilla factions to Utgar's side. The fourth and final map of Chapter 1 will be a battle between the Jandar/Einar/Ullar alliance and the Utgar/Vydar/Aquilla side on a very hostile volcano map on Marr. Whichever side wins will determine the direction of Chapter 2.
Old January 27th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Maziken is surprisingly tart

Sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward to this.
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker

This sounds killer. I've been a big fan of your work and can't wait for this campaign!
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Before I lose my notes or my memory, here's a few things I pulled out of the compendium today which I may or may not use.
  • I need to rework the Kyrie's battlegrounds for Chapter 1. Kiova is in the Golden Palace in Lindsfarme. Atlaga would be in the new fortress in Ekstrom on the Bitter Sea coast. Concan would be in (surprise!) Concan's Castle near the Cave of Shadows in Nostralund. All of these are in Valhalla, center stage of the campaign.
  • Haldor - dies in comic #5 and bequeaths the Sword of Thorian to Sgt. Drake.
  • Ulrick and the Dreadguls - pursued Finn/Thorgrim/Elgrim/Tarns on earth and nearly killed them all. Ulrick's son is Valguard.
  • Nhah Scirh - I have no idea how to pronounce these guys' name but they're a cult of dragon slayers on Icaria. You gotta be pretty badass to be a cult of dragon slayers on Icaria!
  • Kyrie of the Moon Tribes - a new kyrie group! Oooo! Wonder if they'd end up with Aquilla or Vydar?
  • Isadora - Today I learned that Alpha Prime used to be named after another people who created the soulborgs. Now those people are trapped on the prison planet of Isadora. This is a plot that needs to be touched on.
  • Kaintar - Jandar's blacksmith and creator of the Sentinel's shields.
  • Valledon Fortress - once a powerful fortress, now cursed and haunted by a wizard of the same name. You need his Imperial Staff to break the curse.
  • Beldun - Ullar's "right hand" kyrie. Swordsman. Kills Tyrian the Swift.
  • Tyrian the Swift - a Protector of Ullar who traveled with Thormun. Turned into a Bleakwoode Shade and 'killed' by Beldun.
  • Demicus and Halgo - referred to by Jotun as his 'brothers'. Other giants?
  • There are 15 wellsprings. Each has an amulet. The one who controls all the amulets can bend the power of the wellsprings to his will and open gates to wherever, whenever. Many visions have seen Utgar accomplishing this.
  • Valkrill is supposed to be Utgar but, like, twice as evil. I gotta think Utgar's not too keen on the idea of him being around either. We'll see where to go with that.
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Aquilla going to Utgar? That sounds quite odd to me, but I'd be excited to see where this all ends up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM

• Chapter 2 is a quest to create an amulet-finding artifact. Chapter 1 will culminate with the player in possession of at least one of the wellspring amulets which will be used as a catalyst. This will occur over 3 maps which can be done in any order.
  • Isadora - the player will try to find a cache of Kiradium Alloy from which the Primadons make their tough armor.
  • Thaelenk Tundra - Valladonn Fortress - the player will seek out the Imperial Staff of Valledonn to both break the curse of the fortress and gain an artifact capable of enchanting the amulet-seeking item.
  • The Bleakwoode - the player will seek to redeem the soul of Tyrian who is now himself a Shade of the woods. By harnessing him into a phylactery and placing it in a wellspring, the hope is to infuse his essence in the item to keep it out of evil hands.
  • Each item will be strong in and of itself and help with subsequent maps but will be given up at the end of Chapter 2 to facilitate the events of Chapter 3.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to go about Chapter 3 yet, but I know it will involve dragons, Toril, Eberron, and a merry band of badasses.
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

If I do play this,I may chang Einar and Aquilla around. But you probably did that because Vydar and Aquilla do not have a Kyrie Hero.
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM

That's exactly right, iceman. Sometimes you can dictate the story, sometimes the story dictates to you. But hey, you can play your game however you want. That's the beauty of Scape!
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Yep,also this sounds really fun. Let me hope I can make the maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios