Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 17th, 2020, 04:44 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Hogwarts Legacy

Well it looks like it may finally be here, the Harry Potter RPG us Potter fans have always wanted! Yesterday (9-16) Playstation dropped a trailer for what appears to be a Hogwarts RPG based in the late 1800's.

It is Published by Portkey Games and designed by Avalanche. Based off of the trailer it looks like you create your own Hogwarts student and are sorted (I don't know if you get to choose or not) into a house. It is set to release next year on PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX 1, and XBOX Series X(S).

I am so excited about this! I have been wanting this game for probably more than a decade at this point and as Harry Potter is my favorite IP it's really exicting seeing it get a next gen release! Has anyone heard anything else? What are your thoughts and what house are you going to join given the chance? (I've taken the Pottermore quiz probably a dozen times and have only even gotten Gryffindor)
Old September 17th, 2020, 07:01 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Duuuuuude! I had no idea. I play maybe one or two video games a year, this will certainly be one!
Old September 17th, 2020, 08:17 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Yeah the announcement was relatively quiet! No date yet but I'm hoping for a second quarter release.
Old September 18th, 2020, 04:40 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally I can play as Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 18th, 2020, 07:50 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Finally I can play as Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way!
I see you are a man of culture, as well! I'll play Vampire Potter and we can duel! Have at thee!

I am interested in the game. The current media makes it look like a PS3 era game, but I'm more than optimistic that the released version will look almost lifelike and really push the last gen consoles to their limit.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 18th, 2020, 12:24 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Looks cool! Always thought it was strange that HP as a franchise didn't get much in the way of hobby video/board games. There's a few board games now, but still the options for some good quality games are pretty much limited to Hogwarts Battle. And even that isn't well balanced (Though very fun!). Video games is even worse, all it's gotten is Lego games (Fantastic games, but not quite the same) and pay to win mobile games.

Look at stuff like Star Wars and LotR, tons of quality hobby games coming out constantly.
Old September 18th, 2020, 12:33 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Video games is even worse, all it's gotten is Lego games (Fantastic games, but not quite the same) and pay to win mobile games.
The franchise has had quite a few console games. To my memory, there was 11 games released, one for each of the 8 movies, one for the Quiddich World Cup,and two PS3 AR games, before the mobile games, not including the Lego games. All of the games received pretty mixed reviews, though.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old September 18th, 2020, 12:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Movie tie-in games aren't exactly the same quality. I know they were made but they're not AAA titles that I would expect a HP game to be. Iron Man 2 had a film tie-in for being a big franchise, but nobody talks about it for a reason, it was slapped together to make a quick buck. Just like a monopoly retheme or other "wal-mart special" board games.
Old September 18th, 2020, 04:35 PM

The Quidditch World cup was released, I think, 17 years ago? I loved it as a kid and played it A LOT on my XBOX, wouldn't mind a new Quidditch games either!

Last edited by Figure; October 11th, 2020 at 02:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games