Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 24th, 2016, 04:40 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Help With Wurdz

Hmmm, those are good suggestions, although, you missed a...

Quote:
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 3 clear sight spaces, Swaysil of the Northlands rolls one additional die.
... Certain important and necessary number.

Also, while, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, what do you think about the name Point Blank Shot vs the name Point Blank Shot 1?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; January 24th, 2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I forgot to update the name of that power. Facepalm for me
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:49 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Dad_Scaper! I'm struggling a bit with the last sentence of the Medpack 15 ability for this design I'm working on. Would love some help.

Medpack 15 is based off of Parmenio's Death Defy power, but because I made Medic a common hero it's possible to have multiple of them adjacent to the same figure that would be destroyed. The intent is to only allow for one roll for Medpack regardless of how many Medics are next to the unit being destroyed. I think what I have currently works, but I'm not sure if the intent is coming through and possibly it feels a bit clunky. Thoughts?

MEDIC

HUMAN
COMMON HERO
SOLDIER
MERCIFUL
MEDIUM 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 3
20 points

SOLDIER SUPPORT
After taking a turn with a Soldier Hero or Squad you control, you may move one Medic you control up to 5 spaces.

MEDPACK 15
If an adjacent Space Marine, Firebat or Medic you control receives one or more wounds and would be destroyed, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds. You may roll for Medpack one time, even if more than one Medic are adjacent to the same figure that would be destroyed.

Last edited by Good Pig; February 6th, 2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Medpack is spelled with a 'k'
Old February 6th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Just flip it around, so the subject of the power is the target, instead of the medic in question:

Medpack 15
If a Space Marine, Firebat or Medic you control is adjacent to one or more [friendly?] Medics and receives one or more wounds and would be destroyed, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

You could also consider dropping the "would be destroyed" clause to reduce the wordiness further. I like the use of the word "friendly" there. That would allow medics to help your teammates, too, in a team game, and it would mean you don't have to use the "you control" language twice in the same power.

There are other ways to simplify, too. Thoughts so far?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 6th, 2016, 11:30 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice! I really like both of those suggestions. Flows a lot smoother.

I think the friendly part could work out just fine. Would probably need to try it out a 2v2 game and see if it was an issue, but it's unlikely to cause any problems.

The one other consideration is I made the Firebat an Uncommon Hero with 2 health, so there is a situation where he would receive a wound but not be destroyed. Would probably need to tweak the ability a bit to account for that situation. Make the ability not focused on a figure being destroyed, but receiving one or more wounds.

Does this work?

Medpack 15
If a Space Marine, Firebat or Medic you control is adjacent to one or more friendly Medics and receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.
Old February 6th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes. Nice and clean. Good job, and thanks for sharing.

= =
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Got something here, D_S, if you've got a minute. I originally tried this mechanic as a Special Attack, but it ended up being pretty gnarly, so I thought I'd give this a shot. The figure has Flying, just fyi.

STRAFING RUN
After moving and instead of attacking, if Tambor only moved in a straight line, he may use Strafing Run. One at a time, for each non-flying figure Tambor passed over this turn, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Figures Tambor was adjacent to at the start of his turn are not affected by Strafing Run.
Old June 8th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The only thing I significantly rewrote is the first sentence. There were a couple minor tweaks elsewhere. I don't think you have to define "straight line," though the FanScape editors might disagree with you, if this is headed in that direction.
If Tambor moves in a straight line and does not attack, he may use Strafing Run. One at a time, for each non-flying figure Tambor passed over, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Figures adjacent to Tambor at the start of his turn are not affected by Straving Run.
Looks good! Is "Tambor" a reference to the volcano?

= =
Old June 8th, 2016, 06:41 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Thanks D_S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Looks good! Is "Tambor" a reference to the volcano?
Nah, just sounded cool to me.

Straight line already has a canonic precedent w/out definition (Mimring), so I'm not too worried about FanScape editors raising a fuss over that. Might go in that direction, but for now it's just something I'm tinkering with.
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:32 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ahha! Caught you dadscaper. Straving run?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Curses! Busted.

Mount Tambora. Its eruption in 1815 was so massive, throwing so much sulphur into the atmosphere, that Europe had no summer in 1816.

= =
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Curses! Busted.

Mount Tambora. Its eruption in 1815 was so massive, throwing so much sulphur into the atmosphere, that Europe had no summer in 1816.
Maybe it's appropriate, considering the paint job on the mini I'm using.

Fire and death!
Old August 9th, 2016, 03:38 PM

Hi D_S. Got a couple of powers here that I'm having trouble with, especially the second one. Mind having a look?

DEMONIC SUMMONING
After moving and before attacking, choose any figure you control on the battlefield. Move the chosen figure to any space adjacent to Thuraxion. After moving the chosen figure, it the summoned figure is not a Demon, it receives 1 wound. If the summoned figure is engaged, the figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.

DEMONIC BINDING
After taking a turn with Thuraxion, you may choose a Demon Army Card in your Army with at least one figure on it adjacent to Thuraxion. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, Thuraxion receives a wound. If you roll a 5 or higher, you may immediately take a turn with the chosen Army Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards