Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old November 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Secret Santa 2012

Hello all! The Holiday Season is upon us, so I figured it is time for another year of Secret Santa!

The Rules

If you want to participate, here's how it works:
  • Send me your name, shipping address, and a wish list by MIDNIGHT CST on Tuesday, November 20th. I'll keep a running tally in this thread of who is participating.
  • When you send your wish list, make sure it has a number of items of varying prices. That way anyone can get you something from your list no matter what their financial capabilities may be.
  • On Wednesday the 21st (or Thursday the 22nd, depending on how my schedule works out), I will randomly pair each member up with another random participant. I will then PM each Secret Santa with the address and wish list of their recipient.
  • Each Santa will be responsible for finding a gift using their recipient's wish list as a guideline and mailing it in time to arrive by December 22nd. Keep it anonymous! It's SECRET Santa!
  • When you get your gift, you can go ahead an open it, or wait until Christmas! Please post pictures in this thread of you with your gift if you can.
  • Once everyone has received their gifts, all Santas are encouraged to post clues in their Signature to help people figure out who gave them their gifts.
We will have a cap of $50 this year. Let me clarify that this thread is about generosity and goodwill in this season. But please don't let that cap scare you away. That's a maximum to spend to keep this reasonable. If all you can afford is one booster, it's okay! The point is to celebrate the community spirit and embrace the season of giving. Again - the $50 is a CAP. It doesn't mean you are required to spend $50. But likewise, if you can only spend $10 dollars on a gift for someone else, please don't put four $30 dollar games on your own list and nothing else!

Your list doesn't have to be just Heroscape, or even games. It can really be anything you want that is legal and shippable.

And of course, Gift Certificates to Site Sponsors make great gifts if you're not sure what to send or receive.

A Note To Younger Participants

I will not turn away participation based on age - however! - please remember that by signing up for this game, you are committing to a responsibility. Get your parents' permission before you send your home address to some random dude in Texas! And make sure you can participate without any other problems (i.e. getting to the post office, getting to the store for shopping, etc). I want everyone who is interested to participate, but be realistic about your ability to do so before signing up.

A Final Word...

The whole point of Secret Santa is giving and spreading some cheer this holiday season. Don't worry so much about what you'll get back, or fret if you think your gift isn't good enough. Just do your best, and have fun! This is about doing something nice for someone else - so put on your Eladrin ears and let's get generous!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Secret Santa 2012

PARTICIPANTS:
1. 'Scaper94
2. MegaSilver
3. Ashus
4. OverEngineered
5. akden
6. ibechief
7. Scapemage
8. EternalThanos
9. Strange Love
10. sixthflagbearer
11. beholderthedm
12. capsocrates
13. obfuscatedhippo
14. n00b

Last edited by 'Scaper94; November 22nd, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: I apologize in advance if I spell your username wrong.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Did you get permission to run this?

I'm in! Now to think about my wish list...
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Yes. I contacted Jim about it last night, he said it was fine. I tried contacting Cheddar_Limbo, but didn't get a reply (plus, he hasn't been very active lately).

Old November 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Yes. I contacted Jim about it last night, he said it was fine.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

Sign me up!

Or I'll sign me up by following the directions...

You know, whichever.

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

I'm in! ...but I need to think about my list and send it later.

Thanks for setting this up, 'Scaper94! Akden and I were just talking about Secret Santa 2012 today at the Savage, MD tournament
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Excellent, I'm in. I communicated with Cheddar_Limbo a week or two ago about running one this year, and he offered his blessings/condolences .

I'd be happy to forward his PM with tips and recommendations if you want it. Do count me in, and I'll get my list to you soon.
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh, Cheddar still owes me something from 2010. Not sure I should join this, I already have two other SSs on BGG.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'll likely sign-up, but I've got to check on a couple of thing first.

If you can, get this on the front page to let people know. I had no idea that this was already up until MegaSilver pointed it out just now.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Less than a week to go! Not many signed up so far - the more the merrier!

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sign me up... Though I have some questions of course.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online