Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 7th, 2008, 10:56 AM

crispy66 Woo who?
Custom Rules for Comic book-style fighting?

I have been lurking these forums for a few weeks since buying the Marvel Heroscape set and playing it with my son. I don't own or play any of the other Heroscape stuff. I have looked around and searched, but cannot find any posts on this idea, so I'll just ask:

Has anyone tried to make rules for stuff that commonly happens in the comics that the 'normal' rules don't cover?

Examples would be picking up a car and throwing it, or the classic punch that knocks your opponent backwards/off his feet/though a wall, or grappling/throwing an opponent, etc? Seems less like a comic-book fight and more like a glorified chess game without these features to me. I am working on these ideas now, but I figured I'd ask, as all of you have played these games a lot more than me.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Crispy
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:18 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation
Re: Custom Rules for Comic book-style fighting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy66

Has anyone tried to make rules for stuff that commonly happens in the comics that the 'normal' rules don't cover?

Examples would be picking up a car and throwing it.
There are certainly bits and bob about regarding using super strength to pick up and throw large objects such as cars / Street lamps etc.

Soewhere there is a thread about destructable objects. Not sure about rules relating to knocking an opponenet backwards or through walls etc.

Although some of these ideas, may be on specific character cards.
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
There was a whole set of rules for knockback that we were working on. I'm not sure if they were ever completed or not, but quite a bit of progress was either way. I think IAmBatman was heading that up, if I'm not mistaken.
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM

crispy66 Woo who?
Any ideas on where to find said rules?
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Here are some threads that may help with "comic-book style fighting":

Knockback Rules - http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9865
Melee Objects (stuff to throw) - http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=9841
Old April 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
"Was" working on being the key word. That thread grew grossly overcomplicated for me. :P Still, a good read and lots of interesting ideas there for someone interested in implementing knockback.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM

crispy66 Woo who?
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Sorry I had to ask...but thanks for the gracious replies.
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM

crispy66 Woo who?
Soooo...

Do any of you guys USE knockback anymore?
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM

I do, but not necessarily the full-set of complex rules outlined in that thread. We just kind of use the bits and pieces we feel like in each game...Also, some of my customs have knockback-like powers worked into them.
Old April 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't even play anymore ... it's been months since I played anything but soloscape, and probably a month or more since I've played that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Soooo...

Everytime we play with comic characters we use knockback rules.

In a nutshell:
Each shield rolled when attacking counts toward knockback. Valkerie symbols or blanks count as 2 knockback points when a superstrength character attacks an adjacent figure. Defenders can use shields rolled to block hits or knockback.
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Soooo...

Everytime we play with comic characters we use knockback rules.

In a nutshell:
Each shield rolled when attacking counts toward knockback. Valkerie symbols or blanks count as 2 knockback points when a superstrength character attacks an adjacent figure. Defenders can use shields rolled to block hits or knockback.
That's actually a very simple, yet effective, way to handle it. I like it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations