Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fireproof Movie

Yeah, the acting was bad. The movie itself would have been good if the acting would have been better. I would be with the 2% in the middle.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

This is the first place I've heard of this movie. Working at a church, I got tons of mail for Prince Caspian, but none for this movie. I'll have to check this out, although I may wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought Facing the Giants was a pretty good movie, though I question some of the theology behind it (i.e. Does God really care about the outcome of sports games?). The acting was pretty bad (in FtG), but it was actually the best I've ever seen in an evangelistic movie. Hopefully movies of this type will continue to take steps forward in terms of quality, although I understand that with a mostly volunteer staff you can't expect Tom Hanks quality acting.
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:03 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
This is the first place I've heard of this movie. Working at a church, I got tons of mail for Prince Caspian, but none for this movie. I'll have to check this out, although I may wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought Facing the Giants was a pretty good movie, though I question some of the theology behind it (i.e. Does God really care about the outcome of sports games?). The acting was pretty bad (in FtG), but it was actually the best I've ever seen in an evangelistic movie. Hopefully movies of this type will continue to take steps forward in terms of quality, although I understand that with a mostly volunteer staff you can't expect Tom Hanks quality acting.
Do you read "Outreach" magazine? It's all over the place in there. There was also a heavy email campaign, but I guess if you are not already on a mailing list that won't help.

The acting here is okay. Not great, not aweful, just okay. For the most part the acting is fairly convincing, but all it takes is one bad read to break the spell, so to speak.
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:35 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
For those unfamiliar with the film (which is likely most of you since there has been little advertising), Fireproof tells the story of a young fireman, Caleb, and his wife Catherine. Caleb is a hero to everyone except his wife, who has reached the point where she wants a divorce.

... Be warned that this is a Christian film and part of it's purpose is to evangelize...
In a sense, I think it's too bad that the movie went for such a strong evangelistic message. I think the "radical" concept of actually working to save a marriage is one that this country sorely needs. By wrapping the plot so tightly in evangelical bandages it convinces the very people who ought to see it to dismiss it out of hand.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies