Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 30th, 2010, 04:56 PM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sports: NFL

Would anyone be interested in a fantasy foot ball league?

As for my picks for who's gonna win their division

AFC East
New York Jets - They have really become a good team. With guys on defense like Darrel Revis the passing game becomes a real challenge. I think they'll be close with the Pats all season but the Jets will win it.

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens - I'm completely biased on this one but who cares. The compition in this divison is heating up in the past few seasons. With the Bengals winning the division last year and the Brown's getting Steve Fujia from The Saints along with some other solid players. The division is gonna be close. Pittsburgh has always been a great team despite how much I hate them, but with Roethisburger being out a minimum of 4 games things are gonna be rough for Pitt.

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - The rest of the teams are just not competition.

AFC West
San Diego Chargers - The divison is really meh and the Chargers are a good team. Although Rivers is a douche. The Broncos may have a chance but I'm still having a WTF moment on why the drafted Tebo.

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - I love me some Cowboys. Although I just hope the Redskins whip the Eagles ass this year.

NFC North
Minnesota Viking - Percey Harvin, Syndey Rice, Jared Allen and Brett Favre are all amazing players. Packers may have a chance but I dont think so.

NFC South
New Orleans Saints - Meh their ok although I can easily see the Panthers winning instead

NFC West
St. Louis Rams - This division is ew, but I want to see the Rams with because I do.
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

We had an HSers fantasy league last year, and there's been some talk of rebooting is this season, but since you want the Rams to take the NFC West you're not invited.

Just kiddin'. We lost a couple players mid-season last year, so there will probably be room for some new blood this year whenever J-Unit starts it back up (assuming he's doing it again).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; June 30th, 2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Super Bowl's gonna be Balty v. GB this year
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My picks:

NFC NORTH

Green Bay Packers

And that's not just because I'm a Packer fan. A-Rod is one of the elite QB's, are O-Line got some help from Bulaga, and we've got a stellar defense. True, they did get burned by high octane offenses, but with a year under their belt with the 3-4 defense, I expect a lot of improvement.

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens

They have a good RB, and Flacco has numerous offensive weapons at his disposal. Also, the Steelers won't have Rottenburger and the rest of the division isn't all that great. I think the Bengals just had a nice year, but nothing else.

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys

Much as I hate the 'Boys, the rest of the division just isn't that good. Redskins have rebuilding to do, Eagles got rid of McNabb, and the Eli Manning is always hot one week, then cold the next.

AFC EAST

New England Patriots

You don't go from the best to worst in one season. Sanchez is overrated, and the running game can't save you all the time, same as defense. The Patriots have Tom Brady as well, though Welker might not be as good as he usually is.

NFC SOUTH

New Orleans Saints

This is a toss up between the Falcons and Saints, but Brees is a great QB, so I think that will be the deciding point in the end. The other two teams are just too far behind to be contenders.

AFC SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Peyton Manning. 'Nuff said. (though, I do think the Texans just might do something)

NFC WEST

San Francisco 49ers

The rest of the teams in the division aren't any good. 49ers are pretty good, though Alex Smith has to show that he's ready to lead.

AFC WEST

San Diego Chargers

The rest of the division isn't any good.
Same as the NFC West

SB: SD vs. GB

Last edited by ABOMINATION; June 30th, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Misplaced some words...
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by abom
You don't go from the best to worst in one season. Sanchez is overrated, and the running game can't save you all the time, same as defense. The Patriots have Tom Brady as well, though Welker might not be as good as he usually is.
What's amazing is that Welker has already been spotted running drills at full speed. No idea how he's doing it, his injury is one that usually takes a year to come back from. Though the real test will be with pads and getting the crap beat out of him.

-insert signature here-
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
My picks:

NFC NORTH

Green Bay Packers

And that's not just because I'm a Packer fan. A-Rod is one of the elite QB's, are O-Line got some help from Bulaga, and we've got a stellar defense. True, they did get burned by high octane offenses, but with a year under their belt with the 3-4 defense, I expect a lot of improvement.
If your beloved Packers had beaten my Vikings even once last year, I'd say that this isn't such a bad prediction. They're definitely going to be on top at some point in the near future considering everything that they have going for them these days. Just imagine if you guys actually had a RB. Scary. But anyway, since you lost both important games to us last year, it's hard to imagine the cheese-wads dethroning us as Division Champions - something that we'll win again (assuming #4 returns this year, which I imagine he would). SKOL VIKINGS!!
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah, my old frienemy. Is it time to start debating again?

Quote:
If your beloved Packers had beaten my Vikings even once last year, I'd say that this isn't such a bad prediction.
That was last year. This is this year. Whole new slate.

Quote:
They're definitely going to be on top at some point in the near future considering everything that they have going for them these days.
True that. I'm wagering it's this year.

Quote:
Just imagine if you guys actually had a RB. Scary.
Yeah, too bad we don't have ol' Mr. Fumblitis on our team, and instead have a RB that rushed for over 1,000 yds last year with only one fumble. I seem to recall AP fumbling away the Chicago game, and how many fumbles did he have in the Saints game?

Quote:
But anyway, since you lost both important games to us last year, it's hard to imagine the cheese-wads dethroning us as Division Champions - something that we'll win again (assuming #4 returns this year, which I imagine he would). SKOL VIKINGS!!
GO PACK GO, GO PACK GO!!!

Ahhh...football. Anyway, what are your predictions for this year, Wytefang?
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Quote:
If your beloved Packers had beaten my Vikings even once last year, I'd say that this isn't such a bad prediction.
Guys, stop arguing. I'll settle it for both of you . . . GO LIONS!

Well, they've got to be getter better, right? Up is the only way to go.
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Guys, stop arguing. I'll settle it for both of you . . . GO LIONS!

Well, they've got to be getter better, right? Up is the only way to go.
Well, there's always the pit of 0-16 again.

Honestly, I hope the Lions the best of luck (except Packer games) on their season. They've been the doormat for so long, they deserve to get back to their glory years.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:31 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Honestly, I hope the Lions the best of luck (except Packer games) on their season. They've been the doormat for so long, they deserve to get back to their glory years.
When did the Lions ever have "glory years"? I recall them making the playoffs once in the last 20 years.

Oh and in that playoff game they got to go to the frozen tundra. Where they got "pwned".

Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears, whoever. It doesn't matter to me. The only time my team will see any of them this year would be in the Superbowl.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:23 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:

When did the Lions ever have "glory years"? I recall them making the playoffs once in the last 20 years.
Search > Recall

The 50s.

"In 1958, after he had led the Lions to three NFL championship games and provided Detroit nearly a decade of Hall of Fame play, the Lions traded Bobby Layne. Bobby was injured during the last championship season, and the Lions thought he was through and wanted to get what they could for him. According to legend, as he was leaving for Pittsburgh, Bobby said that Detroit "would not win for 50 years." Since this time, the Lions have not won another championship and have only a single playoff game win. Some have attributed the Lions' subsequent 49 years of futility to the "The Curse of Bobby Layne.""

The 90s.

"In 1991, the Lions started the season by being shut out on national television, 45–0, by the Washington Redskins. The Lions then rebounded, winning their next five games. They went 12–4 for the season, They won their first division title in eight years, capping the regular season with a win over the then-defending AFC Champion Buffalo Bills. They were inspired late in the season by the loss of guard Mike Utley, who sustained a career-ending paralysis injury against the Los Angeles Rams on November 17, 1991. As Utley was carted off the field in that game he flashed a "thumbs up" to his teammates and the Silverdome crowd. It became a rallying symbol for the remainder of the season.
In the playoffs, the Lions got their only postseason victory since 1957, when they defeated the Dallas Cowboys 38–6 at the Silverdome. They lost to the Redskins in the NFC Championship Game, 41–10. This was the first time a team that had been shut out in its opener had reached the conference title round. Two teams have since matched this feat: The Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots did it in 2003.
The Lions also made the playoffs in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1999, making the 1990s one of the most successful decades in team history"

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I like the Lions. I am a BigBlue Bronco (Giants Broncos fan) but I think the Lions are a good team and Matt Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jahvid Best, and Nate Burleson are going to be big names in the Detroit community. I dont think Detroit is a playoff team yet especially with the Pack and the Vikings in their division but they are on their way.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

My predictions for this year:
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
Im sorry I know I just betrayed every redskins fan I know (which is alot). This is one of the most competitive divisions in football and i think the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants have all upgraded themselves. Im thinking Dallas, New York, Washington, Philadelphia.

AFC East: New York Jets
Just saying the words "Jets Defense" is like a punch in the face. I know the Patriots will be right on their heels especially with Wes Welker's speedy recovery, but I think the Jets can do it this year. Im thinking New York, New England, Miami, Buffalo.

NFC North: Green Bay Packers
Alot depends on if Favre comes back, if he does, Minnesota will definitely grab wild card. I just think that Aaron Rodgers leads a very talented team and that they can pull off the division title. Im thinking Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago.

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
No question about it. Ray Rice emerged last year and exploded, Joe Flacco now has Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth as options, and their defense still has something left in their veteran players. Im thinking Baltimore, Cinncinati, Pittsburgh, Cleveland.

NFC West: San Francisco 49ers
I think they can do it this year. Kurt Warner led the Cardinals to two straight titles but now he and Anquan Boldin are gone and Alan Faneca will give Matt Leinart more time to throw an interception. Alex Smith and Michael Crabtree are both developing players and I think they can do it. Im thinking San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis.

AFC West: (sigh) San Diego Chargers
I love the Broncos, but the Chargers are such a dynamic, talented team that I think they will take another division title, although the Broncos and upgraded Raiders will give them grief. Im thinking San Diego, Denver, Oakland, Kansas City.

NFC South: New Orleans Saints
Yes I know Atlanta is becoming better and better, but the Saints are pumped up and walking off of a Super Bowl win. Drew Brees will make all the difference in this situation. Im thinking New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay.

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts (someone remind me what they are doing in the AFC SOUTH)
Two words. Peyton Manning. Any questions?
Although look for Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson to bring the Texans to within reach of the playoffs. Im thinking Indianapolis, Houston, Tennssee, Jacksonville (I think MJD is the only reason they still come away with wins).
Thats the official BOD prediction. TAKE NOTES.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV