Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old April 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
Long Island New York Scapers

Im in Selden and I only have my brother to play with. I was wondering if there was anyone in my area that would be intrested in setting up a game. I wouldn't be able to travel that far though, because I'm only 16 but I'll see what I can do.

Please if you are send me a PM.
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
bigeddie,

I'll definitely send you a PM, but I'm posting here in case anyone else reads this thread. The Long Island Heroscape League meets regularly to play Heroscape in a terrific, relaxed environment. Check out our website at LIHeroscapers.com. We are actively recruiting new members, and we would love to have you join us. Most of our games are played in the Bay Shore / Brightwaters area. Our 2006 - 2007 season is just wrapping up, but you are more than welcome to stop by and witness the mayhem of our playoffs next Sunday, April 22. Our 2007 - 2008 season begins November 1 (the deadline to join for the season is October 15.) There's no fee to join, and very little commitment in terms of playing!

In the meantime - we will be holding a tournament in June. I will be posting the exact date and place as soon as I finalize arrangements with the store that will be hosting us. This should be a great event, and there will even be trophies and a prize or two.

Finally, if you'd like to just meet up with one of our members to arrange a game, just go to our website and click on the Forums button. Until then - happy 'Scaping!
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
Thanks Ill be sure to check that out, it seems like a lot of fun.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:13 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
I've heard there's a very dedicated group in West Islip who love to play. If you're reading this - the LI Heroscape League wants you! Let's keep this thread alive with posts for upcoming events. As soon as I get a date for our Islandscape Tournament (hopefully June or July), I will post the details here.
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
Folks,

The Long Island Heroscape League will hold our first annual Islandscape tournament on Saturday, June 23 at Games & Gifts Galore, 3937 Merrick Road, Seaford, NY. This promises to be a great tourney, including trophies and prizes. There will be a $5 entry fee.

As of June 8, we have 9 people and are looking for more. Please post here as soon if you can attend the tourney. Latecomers will be able to draft teams at the tourney. The details are posted on our website at www.liheroscapers.com (click on the Forum button.)

Hope to see some of your there!
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM

madster7 has disabled reputation
Hey, is there any way you Long Island guys can put your rankings in the forum post! I seen it on the web site from the download section and it was tight! I am giving crap to the UK thread and Houston thread for not having thier rankings on the post like our AzHOLEs thread! Thanks!
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
Sure, we can do that. I will post 2006-2007 League rankings here, as well as the Islandscape Tournament rankings.
Old June 24th, 2007, 10:41 AM

mogrebla Woo who?
I had a good 12-hour sleep, and now I feel great. I'll copy this to the forum thread, for posterity.

The tournament was everything I hoped it would be - a huge amount of fun! The venue was excellent, we had a good turnout - including a last-minute entry (Grishnakh and his son, Scott), one walk-in (Joe, age 9), and some of my favorite faces from the NJ tournaments (SJScaper and Jesse) - and the trophies worked out great! Thanks to Andrew and John for contributing their Master Sets, and thanks to Jarett for handling all the scoring between rounds, making my life much easier. And thanks to everyone else for just showing up and playing - Jonathan, Barbara, and Arthur, who came all the way from Poughkeepsie, and Bill, who graciously took a bye. Who did I miss? CK, I'm sure you would have loved it, but don't worry, we'll do another one in the not-too-distant future.

My friend Barbara, who tallied the "Good Sport" vote, told me that there were lots of votes for lots of different people, which is a pretty good indication that everyone who played in the tourney had the right attitude. Kudos to SJScaper and young Arthur, who each received multiple votes for Best Sport, and to Grishnakh and Scott, who took the trophy. The Merit Awards went to Emily, Arthur, and Joe, and Andrew took the Worst Luck trophy (was there ever any doubt?) Jarett bested Emily and me to take 2nd place - appropriately receiving the Grimnak Award for his Grimnak-led team. And SJScaper took the Championship trophy (the Golden Dragon) after defeating me in the finale - I'll get you next time, Red Baron!

This would also be a good time to acknowledge the authors of the scenario maps we used:

Scenario A: The Pond, by Oogie Da Bruce
Scenario B: River of Lost Souls, by Chicano
Scenario C: Fault Line, by R˙chean
Scenario D: Caravaggio's Ancient Lookout, by Caravaggio
Scenario E: Frost Heaves, by Kahrma
Scenario F: Soulrazor Canyon, by Hasbro

For those of you who took photos (I think just Jarett and Grishnakh) if you could send them to me, or post them, I would be much obliged.

Until the next tourney...and don't forget our 2007-2008 League begins September 15!
Old June 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
In response to Madster7's request, I'm posting the following rankings:

Islandscape 2007 tournament (11 players):

1 SJScaper
2 Warbanner
3 Mogrebla
4 Emily
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
Following are the tournament armies, for the record. If anyone can correctly list Joe's army, I'd appreciate it.

Islandscape 2007 Army Lists

Jarret
Grimnak 120
Mimring 150
Deathreavers x2 80
Heavy Gruts 70
Arrow Gruts 40
Swog Rider 25

Ernie
Empress Kiova
Einar Imperium x2
Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Arthur
Marro Warriors 50
Shaolin Monks 80
Arrow Gruts 40
Swog Rider 25
Krav Maga Agents 100
Armoc Vipers 65
Deathreavers 40
Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50

Jonathan
Marro Warriors 50
Warriors of Ashra 50
Blade Gruts 40
Blade Gruts 40
Tornak 100
Theracus 40
Deathreavers 40
Shaolin Monks 80
Deadeye Dan 60

Andrew
Zombies X 4
Shades
Deadeye Dan
Syvarris

Bill
Su Bak Na
3x Marro Drones
Marro Warriors
Me Burk Sa
Ne Gok Sa

Emily
Raelin
Charos
Izumi Samurai
Me-Burq-Sa
Krav Maga Agents

Michael
Nilfheim
Braxas
Morsbane

Jesse
Tagawa Samurai Archers - 65pts
McCreech - 30pts
Khosumet - 75pts
Wolves - 75pts
Syvarris - 100pts
Legionnaires - 50pts
Marcus - 100pts

David
Ornak 100
Krug 120
Mimring 150
Arrow Gruts 40
Blade Gruts 40
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider 50

Joe
?
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:15 PM

mogrebla Woo who?
The Long Island Heroscape League will begin its 3rd season on at the end of September. Anyone interested in joining us should drop me an email or check our website at www.LIHeroscapers.com.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers