Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Re: Updated 10/16 - Before Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
My first hex-based war game was Tactics II...when I was ten years old (1958 )
I'll bet you remember Kriegspiel and Gettysburg, too, then doncha? They were my introduction to wargaming.

Not one step backwards!
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:24 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been meaning to say this for a while, but this is my all-time favorite thread on Heroscapers!
Old March 28th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
My first hex-based war game was Tactics II...when I was ten years old (1958 )
All of a sudden I feel young again. Thanks Rev.

PS But it's still hard being 44. I recommend avoiding it.
I'm turning 43 next week. I guess that means I'm catching up to you!

Old December 29th, 2014, 09:26 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Brilliant thread!!!

And it isn't Blizzard that owns us all it is Vivendi
Blizzard [kind of] recently split from Vivendi in July 25th, 2013. (Bump for one of the most interesting threads out there).
Old December 29th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

We need an "After Heroscape" thread. There have been plenty of offshoots now, including Summoner Wars (and PHG), Battleship Galaxies, the new Magic game, Marvel Legends figures bases, and of course the customs communities like C3G and HoSS.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:31 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

nicely done. As a kid I played Ral Partha's Witch's Caldron, which is a mini game with squares verses hexes, but it had a similar feel ( no picking armies, just pre-set armies ).

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old December 26th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

@Aeston - I don't know the last time you were on here, but the OP is an awesome post that I've had lots of fun reading before. However, the fact all the images have disappeared detracts somewhat from it now, which is a real shame, as I reckon this thread is too interesting to not be preserved for posterity. Is there any chance we could tweak the OP to have the pics replaced?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:10 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Let's see, I might be able to figure out a quick way to do that.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:19 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated: Fixed all the image links folks. Sorry, I didn't realize some of my server moves would have broken them.

I've gotten married and have had two kids since my Heroscapers days, but I still have my whole collection, play with my old crew once in a while, and am greatly looking forward to playing with my kids when they're old enough.

I'll check in again sometime soon.

Best,

Jason

Edit: wow, who would have guessed my 200th post would be about this... 12 years after joining the site.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game

Last edited by Aeston; February 18th, 2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Humor
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:06 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wow! Thanks! I love this thread!

Side note: some New England 'Scapers are planning an event soon, which you should check out if you're interested!
Old February 19th, 2019, 04:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Updated: Fixed all the image links folks. Sorry, I didn't realize some of my server moves would have broken them.

I've gotten married and have had two kids since my Heroscapers days, but I still have my whole collection, play with my old crew once in a while, and am greatly looking forward to playing with my kids when they're old enough.

I'll check in again sometime soon.

Best,

Jason

Edit: wow, who would have guessed my 200th post would be about this... 12 years after joining the site.
Awesome, chap! I didn't realistically think you'd still be around to sort this. Looks great!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 10th, 2020, 12:26 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great work! Can't believe this is the first time I've read this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion