Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/29

Very nice!!!
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Lawnmower View Post
Very nice!!!
Thank you, sir.

<tips hat>

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Very much like the forest feel this one gives.

-insert signature here-
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I missed so many maps while I was gone. Great maps as usual.

~Rednax
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Played some games on In the Shadow of the Hive a couple days ago. Gameplay is excellent, i love the double bonus hexes. I also love how you are forced to split some of your forces, some to the move glyph, a bunch crossing the river to the easy access height, and some down beside the hive, taking advantage of the extra defence while trying to take down your opponents guys on height. The only problem I have with this map is the visual component. I like the Swarm/BftU effect (Panopticon's maps use this combo quite a bit) but I don't really like the looks of this one. I don't know what it is about this one but it just seems a little off. Gameplay is excellent though and to me that's what really matters, so I wasn't too concerned while I was actually playing on it. i've got Breach set up right now so I'll let you know what I think of that one in a couple weeks.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4

Last edited by Freezie; August 29th, 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: KMA on ItSotH are BEAST!!
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezie View Post
Played some games on In the Shadow of the Hive a couple days ago. Gameplay is excellent, i love the double bonus hexes. I also love how you are forced to split some of your forces, some to the move glyph, a bunch crossing the river to the easy access height, and some down beside the hive, taking advantage of the extra defence while trying to take down your opponents guys on height. The only problem I have with this map is the visual component. I like the Swarm/BftU effect (Panopticon's maps use this combo quite a bit) but I don't really like the looks of this one. I don't know what it is about this one but it just seems a little off. Gameplay is excellent though and to me that's what really matters, so I wasn't too concerned while I was actually playing on it. i've got Breach set up right now so I'll let you know what I think of that one in a couple weeks.
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to give players a reason to go to all the areas of the map, considering how large it was. I will admit that it isn't a beauty queen . Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Be sure to let me know how Breach goes for you.

And yes, the KMA are pretty rough on ItSotH. With all that real estate to work with, they are just plain nasty.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 31st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played on Tipping Point Saturday and I must say I really liked it. Even though it seems imbalanced because of the height difference, once your army starts moving the terrain really levels out. I'd like to play it again without PKs on the high ground and without Marcu though (Both my opponent and I drafted Marcu and we rolled to see who would take the high ground).
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Played on Tipping Point Saturday and I must say I really liked it. Even though it seems imbalanced because of the height difference, once your army starts moving the terrain really levels out. I'd like to play it again without PKs on the high ground and without Marcu though (Both my opponent and I drafted Marcu and we rolled to see who would take the high ground).
Yeah, Marcu tends to have a drastic effect on the way this map is balanced. The wound glyphs are much less of a threat when you can basically ignore 6 wounds to start.

Flyers also have an interesting effect on the map. They are able to avoid many of the disadvantages the terrain puts before walkers. "Traditional" armies on this map seem to result in the more interesting and fun games. They are the ones that end up playing more differently than you are used to.

Anyway, let me know how any future games go. Thanks for the feedback.

Old August 31st, 2010, 11:13 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

I don't where to start...

I love the way your maps make want to take in the map as a whole, but then I find my eyes immediately looking for ways to "solve" all the intricacies that you throw in.

I don't like looking at a map and thinking "boardgame". Your maps push that thought far from my mind. Well done.

I am curious if you have thought a building a much larger map just for the sheer fun of it; incorporating all environments. Some of my most fun maps were "landscapes" of sorts. Balance was never a thought, just building to stand back and say "Wow".

That being said, don't stop what you are doing. You are very talented with your map making skills. Now if I could just make a dadgum "Heroscape Day" and enjoy one of your maps in a tournament...

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old September 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
I don't where to start...

I love the way your maps make want to take in the map as a whole, but then I find my eyes immediately looking for ways to "solve" all the intricacies that you throw in.

I don't like looking at a map and thinking "boardgame". Your maps push that thought far from my mind. Well done.

I am curious if you have thought a building a much larger map just for the sheer fun of it; incorporating all environments. Some of my most fun maps were "landscapes" of sorts. Balance was never a thought, just building to stand back and say "Wow".

That being said, don't stop what you are doing. You are very talented with your map making skills. Now if I could just make a dadgum "Heroscape Day" and enjoy one of your maps in a tournament...
Thanks UPC, that's high praise coming from you (I'm always a big fan of your maps). As far as making large maps, I've created a few. Every once in awhile I'll have a "game day" and make an epic map for the event. I've map a couple that cover two banquet tables and they've been a blast to look at and play on.

However, the time involved in setting up those maps is prohibitive and I rarely get around to it that much. It's a lot easier to make these smaller maps to game on.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us one of these days for a tournament out here. It'd be great to have you around and game with you.

Old September 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/12

Update 9/12

Alright, here's the map that is the compliment to Treeline. Lateral uses the left over road hexes from that one, so between the two maps you are only using 4 expansions (which is a little more reasonable). This should be played with treasure glyphs.

The location of the glyphs intentionally restricts double spaced figures from gaining access to them. I feel that the single spaced heroes are the figures that generally need the boost of the treasure glyph. Several of the double spaced heroes are powerhouses in the tournament scene and I'd hate to see them get anymore powerful. I realize that I screw over a couple of double based figures that could use the boost, but hopefully the pros outweigh the cons.

Map: Lateral
Date Uploaded: 9/12/10
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 2 RttFF (road hexes only)
note: the glyphs of Brandar are Treasure Glyphs.

Old September 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/12

Looks great!! Looks fun to play on...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios