Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

@PDFin' sweet self spammer thread: VC (C3V & SoV), C3G, CUC, CUA 3/page PDF compilation (I will try to update this this Saturday - I swear!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
TIPS for anyone taking to printer (Staples, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, FedEx office, or local independent printshops):
  • Save all pages you want to print in a root folder of the drive.
  • Buy your own paper in the office part of the store then take to print part of the store and pint on your "own" paper. Paper costs less than $1 a page and printing on your own paper costs 50-60 cents/page, verses printshop cardstock is $2 a page, so saves at least 50 cents/page. Plus they usually do not stock the bets paper that you can buy.
  • Buy 70-80 lb (175-220 gsm) semi-gloss. Glossy is fine but will might look too shiny compared to official cards. 50-65 lb (140-170 gsm) paper works OK, but won't be as thick as official cards. Sometimes it is advertised as index/cover or poster/catalog paper, but just look closely for the paper weight.
  • Make sure when they print they do not crop/resize by unchecking boxes like "fit picture to frame" or "fit to window" in print dialogs. In my experience, if you don't actually show them by watching them on the computer when printing, they do it wrong and the cards are slightly smaller and lower resolution than normal.
  • If double sided on cardstock, office stores all have issues, with printers jamming, paper shredding, and people working there too ignorant to know how to flip pages correctly. Some printers are incapable of doing double-sided on anything more than 54 lb weight, and each office store (even different Staples/CopyMax) have different printers, so if you really want double sided you might need to shop around testing 1 page at a time.
  • Always ask to print one page first, check how it looks, then if it is good print the rest. Every one of my time I have been it takes at least a couple pages to get right.
  • I highly recommend finding a local independent printshop over Stapes/CopyMax for multiple reasons: They are cheaper (some have setup fee but if you print a bunch at a time they are always cheaper if you average per page), they have better quality paper and ink, they have printers and workers capable of printing double-sided, they are usually more friendly and care about the work, plus its always better to support the independents.
  • For more tips, including more info on which paper to get or printing at home, see Xorlof's card printing tips
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Are unused figures from previously released but now rare packs considered for SoV submissions? I have an idea to use one of the remaining mechs from the Mechwarrior Solaris VII Heavy Class Action Pack, but the pack's availability has dwindled since its original release. Still, the people who have bought it (or want to pay the steeper price for one of the existing designs) would be able to get more value out of the purchase if more of the figures were used.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Suggestion

I did it for Executioner. I recommend doing what I did and first checking with VC to see if there is already a plan (especially a nearly completed plan) for that figure and then go from there.

~Dysole, who may have lucked out some
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is Garret Burns C3V/SoV?
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Yep: Garrett Burns.

Also, I remember that at least one mini in that Solaris box was deemed not good enough to use. How many still don't have figures? (I should know this, but I don't have that box so pretty much all the released ones look very similar to Zetacron in my games.)
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:38 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
Who do I ask to steal Quickdraw for a C3G design?

That design is 3 years old? Sheesh, I need to pay a little better attention.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:40 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Box had six figures. Four have been/are being designed. Deathcommander, Executioner, Deltacron, J15. One of the remaining two figures looked goofy and didn’t have a color scheme that fit anyone, and the other of the remaining two could still definitely be used. It’s an orange color, so I could see it in Valkrill or Einar.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Just go for it. You presumably wouldn't think twice about re-using an official power? The more people treat the C3V units like the official ones the better, IMO.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
That site is also one of the few places left to get the pack that includes Deathcommander Mark 3, Major J15, and Executioner 616 (of the C3V/SoV). Order all you want at once, though, cuz shipping on that site is on the high side.

http://www.wholesalegaming.com/mechw...assactionpack/
Buy the set here for 15$. While you're at it buy Mage Knight Iron Rain Hill Giant and Doom blade orc cyclops (for Mok & Bramcephys and Scape D&D waves 11-3
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:47 PM

Cool. Not looking to step on any toes.
That power fits very well a design I have been mulling over for years.
Thanks ollie!
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Are unused figures from previously released but now rare packs considered for SoV submissions? I have an idea to use one of the remaining mechs from the Mechwarrior Solaris VII Heavy Class Action Pack, but the pack's availability has dwindled since its original release. Still, the people who have bought it (or want to pay the steeper price for one of the existing designs) would be able to get more value out of the purchase if more of the figures were used.
I think this should be avoided and that the figure requirements should look at the here and now, not excluding new scapers.

I have all the figures in this set, so this isn't a personal issue, but rather just a reminder of when I was getting into HS a few years back and struggled to pick up some of the older C3V/SoV figures. Imagine if there was an unused figure in the Ram box. I think many of us would argue against using it, despite many here probably having it.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like the pack is still available.

Last edited by bmon; May 14th, 2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Still available
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:15 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
That site is also one of the few places left to get the pack that includes Deathcommander Mark 3, Major J15, and Executioner 616 (of the C3V/SoV). Order all you want at once, though, cuz shipping on that site is on the high side.

http://www.wholesalegaming.com/mechw...assactionpack/
Buy the set here for 15$. While you're at it buy Mage Knight Iron Rain Hill Giant and Doom blade orc cyclops (for Mok Bramcephys and Scape D&D waves 11-3
Wow, this has a lot in stock still of the different Mechwarrior stuff. Must...not...buy...robots.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs