Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MechScape - mac122

STEEL WOLVES

From Sarna.net - the BattleTech Wiki
"Under the leadership of former Prefect of Prefecture IV, Kal Radick, the Steel Wolves were one of the factions to break away from The Republic of the Sphere in the early 3130s following the widespread collapse of the HPG network. They had been operating within The Republic of the Sphere's territories as opportunists (and some consider them pirates) up to the time leading up to and immediately following The Republic's partial collapse. During that same time period, the Steel Wolves split up into several smaller factions following their new leader, Anastasia Kerensky's decision to reform them into a mercenary unit called the Wolf Hunters."

MECHS

VEHICLES

INFANTRY

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 7th, 2019, 03:15 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

SWORDSWORN

From Sarna.net - the BattleTech Wiki
"The SwordSworn were a pro-Davion military splinter group that operated in the Republic of the Sphere from 3132 to 3136."

MECHS

VEHICLES

INFANTRY

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:36 PM

All the cards I've created, to date, are posted. Follow the links on the Factions post.

Next up, I've got the card blanks ready for Bannson's Raiders, Clan Jade Falcon, Dragon's Fury, and Spirit Cats.

On a side note, I am really starting to wish the makers of the MechWarrior clix would have followed the precedents set in the BattleTech universe instead of going off on tangents.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 6th, 2019, 06:18 PM

Been a little while since I've posted an update. I've got a couple changes to note and some ideas for the future.

One minor change I've decided upon is to round the MechWarrior point values to the nearest 5. I compared the overall point totals and found the change was typically less than 10 points for an army of 500+ points - a fairly insignificant price to pay for simplifying the math.

A more significant change is the way some of the ARMOR defensive powers work. In the Clix version, things like Heavy, Hardened, and Reactive Armor would be used up as the unit took damage. My system didn't allow for that, so some units kept their defensive powers for the whole game, reducing a ton of potential damage. I've changed the Armor powers to use markers instead - think along the lines of the Exoskeleton Markers on the Mezzodemon Warmongers. Here's an example:

Old
Quote:
HEAVY ARMOR #
Decrease any damage received by this unit from a primary or secondary attack by #.
New
Quote:
HEAVY ARMOR #
Begin the game with # Armor Marker(s) on this card. After rolling defense dice, you may remove 1 Armor Marker to ignore 1 damage.
Hardened Armor reduced damage by 2, so any unit with that was extremely hard to damage. So, now any special armors will be used up, similar to the Clix system. I painted some wound markers silver to be used as Armor Markers. The powers are written so that I don't have to have special markers for each.

These two changes mean I'll be reposting the cards in the near future. I don't think this will be a big issue since I doubt anyone else has downloaded them.

Been playing around with some optional salvage rules for Mechs. My thought is to make the Mech cards double-sided. The Salvage side would have reduced movement, reduced points, no offensive capabilities, reduced defense, etc. If using the rules, instead of destroying a Mech, you would flip its card over. The controlling player could try to exit a salvage Mech off the battlefield, "salvaging" some of the point cost toward victory conditions. A Mech in Salvage condition would require only one more hit to be destroyed and would be easier to capture by an opponent. Another option would be to leave a destroyed Mech on the battlefield - maybe have a d20 roll. The winner of the battle could then salvage a Mech toward Victory conditions or add the Mech to their army for in a campaign - like Mercs in the old MechWarrior: Mercenaries PC games. Still a LOT of details to work out.

I haven't tried them out in a game, yet, but I'll also started working on some pilot cards that can be added to non-unique Mechs. Pilots can add to stats as well as add a special ability to the Mech. Basically ported over pilots from MechWarrior Clix. Here are a few examples.

Lastly, for this update, I've got another set of figures that have been collecting dust that I think would work in the system:

Monsterpocalypse + MechWarrior = Pacific Rim?
Monsterpocalypse I think is about half the scale of MechWarrior, so the monsters wouldn't be quite as imposing. This will be a bit more challenging to switch over, but thinking it could be really fun.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Black Widow!!
Good stuff. I like the salvage mech rules.
Monster Apoc fits in nicely. Some people were talking about working out rules for the Pacific Rim figures and using really small buildings to show how big the figures actually are.
Old July 6th, 2019, 09:42 PM

Looking closer at it, I think the Monsterpocalypse scale is about 1/3 (maybe 1/4?) of MechWarrior. The MonPoc buildings would work great for Pacific Rim. I wanted to use the skyscrapers for MechScape, but the scale is obviously too far off. I did pick up the comm center and power plant from the new edition of MonPoc. It's not as obvious with these two. You can see the door on the comm center in relation to the infantry unit. Probably going to fill that in with some green stuff before I paint.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 7th, 2019, 05:17 PM

Thought I'd share some images from my current battle. The battlefield is a modified version of Broken Skyline. Mainly just added the leftover pieces to expand the map a bit. MechWarrior was designed to be played on a 3'x3' battlefield, so most HS maps are a bit small. The armies squaring off here the Republic of the Sphere (615 points) vs. the Rasalhague Dominion (610 points). Early in the game, but the Ghost Bears have drawn first blood, shooting down a Republic Hawk Moth Gunship.

A Republic Blade Mech, with a Balac Strike Helicopter back-up, takes aim at a Rasalhague Skanda Light Tank. Note the Infantry units that have taken up height on either side.

A Rasalhague Raptor II, Hawk Moth Gunship, and Enyo Strike Tank, prepare to fire on a Republic Gambit Mech, while a Republic Lamprey Helicopter and a squad of Grey Death Battle Armor try to provide cover.

Side note: while they are more expensive, I'm loving the Litko clear bases I'm using for the MechScape figures. Really like how it lets the underlying terrain show through.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 20th, 2019, 12:45 PM

Tried out my new toy (3D printer) to see what I could make for MechScape.
Medium Laser Turret.

Wish I had printed it in grey.

Found a set of files on Thingiverse. The set also has a large laser turret and a Calliope missile launcher.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 20th, 2019, 02:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Tried out my new toy (3D printer) to see what I could make for MechScape.
Medium Laser Turret.

Wish I had printed it in grey.

Found a set of files on Thingiverse. The set also has a large laser turret and a Calliope missile launcher.
3d printing is super fun for creating terrain. There are tons of mechs, turrets, and little buildings out there that would be pretty fun. I've often thought about printing a ton of little buildings and vehicles to make a smaller version of a scape like starcraft( like the pc game) since there are so many cool models on there. I've already printed a bunch of them in 28mm. I've found printing in whatever color is fine for these kind of things. Just hit it with a black spray primer and drybrush grey. Or hit with a grey primer and wash it with a black. The primer also helps dull down any lines you may have in the print depending on how fast your print settings are.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 20th, 2019, 03:12 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Picked up an Ender myself thanks to your alert mac122, thanks.
Resisting the urge to set it up until after GenCon.
I need to order a glass plate and some filament.
I know grey is pretty nice for terrain. My friend printed out a few things and they look great with no paint but a black wash would be cool.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:26 AM

Not much new to share, but wanted to post these pics. I resized two of the turrets I found on Thingiverse. The Calliope and Large laser turrets just felt too big in comparison to the MechWarrior units. Here's a pic of the resized pieces with the Medium Laser Turret (not resized).

And here are some comparison pics of the original and resized versions of the turrets

I think the scale is better, plus they fit nicely on a single hex. A couple notes, if you choose to print the turrets. The Medium Laser prints and fits fine. The central body piece on the Calliope and Large Laser were both a little small causing some fit issues. I originally resized these parts up to 104% and the fit was fine. For the smaller versions, I resized the parts to 68%, except for the bodies, which I resized to 71%.

Oh, and the grey hexes are the tree base bits I also found on Thingiverse (posted by srmalloy). He has several variations. On my Cura software, I resized them to 10%

Turrets
Tree bases

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM

Those look great.
What settings are you using on your Ender 3?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards