Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Rebasing: A Guide for Bases and Stickers

I'm contemplating ordering some of the brown bases from Tom at Impact. If Tom is around or anybody else can maybe comment: are those bases still spray painted? Or is the color now molded into the plastic?

@mac: are you still converted to gluing directly to the sticker? I'll have to try it...but the engineer in me resists! MUST...MAKE...STRUCTURALLY...SUPERIOR.

Last edited by Porkins; May 8th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I'm contemplating ordering some of the brown bases from Tom at Impact. If Tom is around or anybody else can maybe comment: are those bases still spray painted? Or is the color now molded into the plastic?

@mac: are you still converted to gluing directly to the sticker? I'll have to try it...but the engineer in me resists! MUST...MAKE...STRUCTURALLY...SUPERIOR.
As far as I know, Tom is still spray painting them. I'm sure there would have been an announcement if he switched to brown plastic. I still paint my own.

I still glue directly to the sticker for most figures. If the figure has a good peg on the foot, like the Dust Tactics and Rackham, I'll drill a hole for extra support.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:42 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@Tom: the Basing Supplies page on your website would be much easier to shop from if you updated the pictures and organized it a bit. For example: for the items that are stickers only, update with a picture of just stickers (currently it shows a sticker and base, which is confusing). Group 30 mm and 40 mm and Double-spaced together on the page. So maybe the page would look like:

30 mm green stickers --- 30 mm brown bases

On the next row:
30 mm superhero stickers --- 30 mm black bases --- 30 mm black bases + stickers

Then repeat for 40 mm and so on.
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Thanks for the update, Xotli.

I just ordered some peanut bases directly from Yodajunkie. You will get a discounted price ordering direct instead of through his eBay listings. Use the email address a few posts up.
Thanks for the heads-up about pricing, mac. And a big thanks to everyone in this thread helping out with more and more info. This is a great resource!

I've finally moved into rebasing and this thread has been invaluable.

--

Made an order with Yodajunkie last week and everything arrived, just as promised, with lightning speed. Now I just need to get some time to actually do some of the rebasing...
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:47 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
@Tom: the Basing Supplies page on your website would be much easier to shop from if you updated the pictures and organized it a bit. For example: for the items that are stickers only, update with a picture of just stickers (currently it shows a sticker and base, which is confusing). Group 30 mm and 40 mm and Double-spaced together on the page. So maybe the page would look like:

On the next row:

I'm considering rebasing my new VC Wave 7 units, but don't know what size bases to buy and what they are called on the site.
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:

On the next row:

I'm considering rebasing my new VC Wave 7 units, but don't know what size bases to buy and what they are called on the site.
On this page, you'll find all the bases Impact offers. For Small and Medium, you'll want the 30mm bases and stickers and for the large single space, you'll want the 40mm. The exact items will depend on whether you want the bases painted in a Heroscape style brown or the plain black bases to use as is or paint yourself.

Painted brown
30mm - SP_PB3H - $3.00 for 15
40mm - SP_PB4H - $3.00 for 6

Unpainted black
30mm - SP_PB30 - $2.00 for 15
30mm - SP_B30K - $71.24 for 1000
40mm - SP_PB40 - $2.00 for 6

Classic style Stickers
30mm - TK_HRSP - $5.25 for 63
40mm - TK_HSP2 - $5.25 for 24

30mm black bases and stickers - TK_HERO - $3.00 for 15
40mm black bases and stickers - TK_HEO2 - $3.00 for 6

He's got the peanut bases, too, just be sure to select the correct ones. You can also order these directly from Yodajunkie, if you don't mind ordering from 2 places.

Edit: as a reminder, set up an account and log in to make sure the prices are displayed in US$.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Made some 3D printed bases in small and large single and small and large peanut today. They turned out really nice. Does anyone know where to get the sticker images from?
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Made some 3D printed bases in small and large single and small and large peanut today. They turned out really nice. Does anyone know where to get the sticker images from?
Cavalier posted some stickers in his trade thread. I believe he has the small singles. Impact Miniatures sells stickers for their 30mm and 40mm small and large single bases which should work on Scape size bases. I don't know of a source for the peanut bases.

Edit: Read it all, mac! Sticker IMAGES!

Greyowl had some sticker images. Let me see if I can find the link.

Edit: Bad day for mac. Completely forgot about Typhon's! I'm just gonna go find a place to lie down and rest...

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

As far as I can tell, Typhon's are the best. Here is the PDF. Here is the thread with comparison pictures.
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Cavalier posted some stickers in his trade thread. I believe he has the small singles. Impact Miniatures sells stickers for their 30mm and 40mm small and large single bases which should work on Scape size bases. I don't know of a source for the peanut bases.

Edit: Read it all, mac! Sticker IMAGES!

Greyowl had some sticker images. Let me see if I can find the link.

Edit: Bad day for mac. Completely forgot about Typhon's! I'm just gonna go find a place to lie down and rest...
Thanks for the effort @mac122 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
As far as I can tell, Typhon's are the best. Here is the PDF. Here is the thread with comparison pictures.
Thank you @superfrog .
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Thanks @superfrog .
Old August 26th, 2017, 09:48 PM

Thought I would post this here, too, as another option for rebasing. @Dr.Phibes posted about some Litko clear bases available on Amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122
Anyway, here are some Mechs on the 30mm x 1.5mm clear bases with some on painted Impact bases with stickers. On the grass spaces, it's not as drastic of a difference, but the clear really look better on different colored tiles like the concrete and wall walk/road tiles. I used small dots of Loctite Gel Control Super Glue to attach the figures. Took a little more time than normal for the glue to set.

I've ordered some in the 32mm and 40mm diameters, too.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs